The work on the AY41 begun in October 2008. Now, after two years of hard work, Alloy Yachts is proud to finally announce to the world the project that has kept everyone guessing for quite some time. The AY41 is the largest sailing yacht in their yard to date.
The interior design of the yacht is by the uber cool French designer, Christian Liaigre who’s brief from the client was for the yacht to feel “Urban at Sea”. Phillippe Briand’s brief from the client was to make this design a performance sailing yacht capable of world cruising.
The luxury yacht features an aluminum hull and superstructure along with carbon fiber spars and standing rigging to get the job done, as well as a 223-ft. main mast and a 205-ft. mizzen. Accommodations include five staterooms and a convertible gym housing 12 guests along with 11 crew. A 26 ft. limousine tender will be fitted for excursions as well. The Ay 41 is powered by two Caterpillar C32 DI-TTA V12, 1400, each delivering a total of 1044 bkW.
AY41 will be launched in late 2010.
Specifications after the jump.
- LOA 67.2m (220ft)
- LWL 61.0m (200ft)
- Beam 12.53m (41.1ft)
- Draft 5.05m (16.5ft)
- Sails North Sails
- Sail Area 5330m²
- Mast/Boom/Rigging Southern Spars New Zealand & EC6+
- Furlers Reckmann
- Winches Alloy Yachts Custom
- Main Engines 2 x Caterpillar C32 DI-TTA V12, 1400
- BHP each @ 2300 RPM (1044 bkW)
- Bow/Stern thrusters Alloy Yachts Vertical Hyd and American
- Bow Thrusters 200HP Trac 28
- Generators 2 x Caterpillar C9 200kW
- Fuel 64,000 litres approx
- Water 13,900 litres approx
- BUILDER Alloy Yachts
- DESIGNER Phillipe Briand Yacht Design
- INTERIOR DESIGN Christian Liaigre Interior Design
- CLASSIFICATION Lloyds Register