The newest jewel in the Princess crown, Emerald Princess is everything you would expect from such a modern, luxurious ship. As with most of our ships, the theme is choices. There are multiple dining options, including Traditional and Anytime Dining and specialty venues like the popular Sabatini’s. There is the Lotus Spa with its myriad treatments, and the Lotus Fitness Center where you can stay trim from all the delicious cuisine. You’ll enjoy watching Movies Under the Stars, and will have nearly 900 balcony staterooms from which to choose.
At the Fincantieri’s shipyard in Monfalcone, was the presentation of the “Emerald Princess”, the passenger ship ordered by Carnival Group, the world’s leading cruise operator, for the brand Princess Cruises.
Present at the ceremony were: the Vice Minister of Transport Rt. Hon. Cesare De Piccoli, the President of the Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia, Riccardo Illy, the Executive Vice President of Princess Cruises, Rai Calouri, and, for Fincantieri, the Chairman, Corrado Antonini and the Chief Executive Officer, Giuseppe Bono.
The “Emerald Princess”, a sister ship of the “Caribbean Princess” and the “Crown Princess”, delivered in March 2004 and May 2006, was developed from the project of the ships in the “Grand Class” series (the “Grand Princess”, “Golden Princess” and “Star Princess”, 109,000 gross tonnes, delivered in 1998, 2001 and 2002 respectively).
The 113,000-ton ship is 944.881 ft. long, 118.110 ft. wide, and 219.816 ft high with a maximum speed of over 23 knots. On board there are 1,539 cabins for a maximum passenger capacity 3,500 guests, in addition to a crew of over 1,200.
The “Emerald Princess” is the twenty-second cruise ship to be built at Monfalcone shipyard since the early 1980s and the twelfth constructed for Princess Cruises.
Emerald Princess will include the many innovations that define the Princess experience, including the dramatic Movies Under the Stars poolside movie screen, multiple dining and entertainment options, Personal Choice Dining featuring traditional or Anytime seating, a variety of alternative restaurants, a relaxing Asian-style Lotus Spa with fitness center, an extensive children and teen’s center, a wedding chapel and nearly 900 staterooms with private balconies.
Some of the features Emerald Princess has to offer:
- Accommodates 3,080 passengers
- Nearly 900 staterooms have private balconies (80 percent of all outside cabins)
- 300 square foot Movies Under the Stars outdoor movie theater
- Dramatic new piazza-style atrium featuring casual dining venues in a street café environment of the atrium — including an International Café serving a rotating menu throughout the day, and a wine and seafood bar
- Wedding chapel featuring wedding-at-sea program officiated by the ship’s captain
- Dedicated conference center/meeting rooms
- World-class art collection, gallery and auctions
- Nine-hole putting course and golf simulator and two digital golf simulators
- Five pools - including a swim-against-the-current lap pool. All pools are fresh-water.
- Sports court and jogging track
- Asian-themed Lotus spa® with ocean-view gym
- Three main dining rooms(one traditional, two anytime)
- Caribbean-themed Café Caribe featuring local specialties
- Two specialty restaurants – an expanded Sabatini’s Restaurant and the new Crown Grill (steak & seafood)
- Outdoor hamburger and hot dog grill, pizzeria and ice cream bar
- Extensive buffet and bistro, plus round-the-clock room service
- A wide variety of bars and lounges, including a cigar lounge
- An arcade of duty-free shops
- One of the largest casinos afloat
- Expansive youth and teen centers
- 24-hour Internet Café
- Skywalkers nightclub and observation lounge featuring commanding views over the aft of the ship
- Easy wheelchair access staterooms and most public areas
With 18 cruise ships – including 3 options - under construction or scheduled for construction by 2012, Fincantieri is the undisputed world leader in the cruise sector with a market share of approximately 45%.