Based on the super yacht Pilgrim Project and brainchild of Andre Hoek and Luca Bassani, WallyNano is the new daysailer uniquely combining classic lines with the most advanced construction technology, design techniques and sailing features: she is stylish, appealing, timeless and fast.
The challenge was to design an innovative boat in this already widely exploited size range: a completely new and unique project combining all the Wally features like the flush deck, the clean lines, the simple and easy handling.
WallyNano features several innovations for this size range:
- it is traileable within the EU and fits into an open 40 foot top container;
- it has a lifting keel arrangement and a detachable rudder for easy trailing;
- it can be sailed single handed, with a self tacking staysail and optional Magic trims for the main and genoa sheets with control buttons on the tiller (the boat can also be sailed with manual or electric winches);
- it has a spectacular aft transom overhang and a plumb bow, creating a long water line with a magnificent retro look;
- it has a large open cockpit with integrated aft deck, creating a large sunbathing area;
- it has a flush deck in the Pilgrim type cabin top style with glass sides and an optional lifting cabin top to offer the inside-outside living concept.
The interior layout features a double bunk in the bow and sofas in the salon extending into the pilot berth under the cockpit seats. The head is integrated underneath the companionway, while the separate head is optional and takes up one pilot berth.
The interior styling is clean and simple with teak wood soles, exposed carbon hull lining, and white ceilings.
WallyNano is built in The Netherlands using the latest advanced composite technology by Victoire Naval Projects.
SnowWhite, the first unit of WallyNano, is currently under construction with the launch scheduled for autumn 2007, while four more units will be in the water by spring 2008.
The aim of Wally and Hoek Design is to establish the WallyNano by Hoek Design as a new retro classic worldwide one design class within three years from now.