The new 2008 Kawasaki’s Jet Ski STX-15F personal watercraft provides the precise handling and awe-inspiring acceleration demanded by serious enthusiasts. It also provides the comfort and convenience features for families who want the highest quality three-passenger watercraft.
With a high-performance engine from the legendary Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle line as its foundation, the 2008 Jet Ski STX-15F delivers the kind of performance expected from a Kawasaki jet ski watercraft. A smooth spread of power across the entire rpm range thanks the flat torque curve out of the long-stroke, 1,498cc engine ensures plenty of good times. Dual overhead cams, four valves per cylinder, fuel injection and electronic engine control – to harmonize the fuel and ignition systems – provide maximum performance and reliability. A four-injector fuel injection system combined with a large 60mm throttle body deliver a quick response.
Refined as it is clean-running, the STX-15F’s four-stroke engine is rubber-mounted in the hull, the performance-tuned exhaust system is water-jacketed, and it has dual mufflers and a large-capacity airbox.
Propulsion duties are handled by a direct drive axial-flow jet pump driving an oval-edge, stainless steel, three-blade impeller and an 82mm jet pump nozzle for powerful acceleration. Tuned to produce its peak power at a relatively low rpm, the STX-15F engine matches the impeller’s peak efficiency rpm ideally to provide a rider-friendly propelling performance. This direct drive arrangement eliminates any need for a complex gear reduction unit and offers improved durability and increased fuel economy with less vibration and noise.
The STX-15F features Kawasaki’s innovative electronic Smart Learning Operation (SLO). Accessible directly on the instrument panel, SLO can be programmed to place a limit on maximum engine speed so novice riders can experience riding at a reduced speed as they master proper riding techniques.
Also fitted to every STX-15F is the Kawasaki Smart Steering (KSS). KSS features an on-board microprocessor that is electronically linked to a steering sensor. When the handlebar is fully turned in both direction and the engine rpm drops from a designated rpm—as when the throttle is released at speed—the microprocessor activates the system, which raises engine rpm to provide enough thrust to initiate the desired turn.
Aggressive turning and high-speed stability are key performance attributes of the 2008 STX-15F. Its specifically designed injection-molded sponsons have a special “lip” for increased cornering grip and high-speed stability. Also incorporated into the hull design is a molded-in Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD) to help minimize spray on the rider.
While the muscular and aggressive looking STX-15F is lighter and more compact than the competition, Kawasaki engineers endowed the JET SKI with a roomy riding position that makes aggressive performance riding easier and suits a wider range of riders.
Adding to the fresh, high-quality styling of the STX-15F, the hatch cover is styled from sleek ABS plastic and uses a hydraulic damper to hold it open, allowing easy access until the rider closes it. Also made of ABS plastic, the mirrors echo the sleek lines and are mounted directly to the deck.
The spacious rear deck of the STX-15F makes it easy to get into water skis or on a wakeboard. An automatically retracting boarding step located on the rear of the hull simplifies reboarding in deep water. There is no shortage of space to stow items on the STX-15F. The rear deck can accommodate items needed for a day on the water, like a cooler, along with a water-resistant storage space, an easily accessible glove box and additional room for gear located under the seat.
Other features include a LCD instrument panel with fuel level, speed, engine rpm, trip distance and time information available. Fuel capacity is a generous 16.4 gallons, for extended rides. Warning lamps alert the rider to a low fuel level or high engine temperature, and a magnetic keyed ignition switch helps deter unauthorized operation.
For the 2008 Kawasaki Jet Ski STX-15F the Kawasaki engineers have combined more than 20 years of Kawasaki’s Ninja high performance motorcycle technology implementing the engine from the Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle line in to a powerful ski jet resulting the best performance and emission rating in the industry.
- 1,498cc, four-stroke engine provides incredibly strong low- and mid-range torque
- Intake tract designed for maximum performance
- Digital fuel injection provides great throttle response, smooth engine performance, quick acceleration, easy starting and excellent fuel economy
- Throttle body diameter is 60mm
- Dual overhead cams (DOHC) are light and compact for less valve train inertial mass
- Large valves provide better intake and exhaust flow to improve torque and power
- Intake and exhaust valve lift as well as timing are optimized to reduce exhaust emissions
- Tip-over protection shuts engine off if craft tilts more than 61°
- Waterproof ECU and ignition coils protects the ignition system from electrical shorts
- Unique semi-dry sump oil system lowers the crankshaft in the engine, eliminates the need for scavenging pumps, and keeps the oil in the sump instead of flooding the crankcase if the craft is capsized
- Kawasaki’s patented oil separator provides fail-safe venting for the crankcase and prevents oil from flowing into the intake tract if the craft is capsized
- Large capacity airbox cuts down engine noise and provides good air intake flow
- Whisper-quiet operation through double waterbox mufflers
- Has earned a Three-Star Ultra-Low Emissions rating, meets the Environmental Protection Agency’s strictest standards, as well as the California Air Resources Board standards
- Kawasaki Smart Steering® (KSS®) monitors steering input and engine speed and, when certain conditions are met, raises rpm to initiate a desired turn
- Reverse bucket is designed for precise direction control when backing and is made of injection molded material to prevent corrosion
- Reverse increases maneuverability in tight places
- Hull size is optimized for a sporty, nimble ride
- Injection-molded sponsons deliver ultra-responsive turning, while enhancing stability
- Three-blade oval-edge stainless steel impeller pitch provides maximum efficiency and incredible durability
- Shielded jet propulsion system offers greater protection from damage
- Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD) helps keep spray off the operator and passenger
- Boarding step retracts automatically and eases reboarding in deep water
- Large capacity fuel tank allows more time on the water
- Stylish hatch cover with a muscular look
- Handle position makes aggressive “stand-up” riding easier and provides ample room for a wide range of riders
- Spacious, close-to-the-water open rear deck provides plenty of spacious area for putting on skis or a wakeboard and easy deep water boarding
Engine: Four-stroke, four-cylinder inline
Bore x stroke: 83.0 x 69.2mm
Compression ratio: 10.6:1
Cooling system: Inducted water
Fuel system: Digital fuel injection
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Lubrication: Semi-dry sump system
Coupling: Direct drive from engine
Propulsion system: Jet pump, axial-flow, single stage
Impeller: Three-blade, oval-edge stainless steel
Thrust: 957 lbs
Seating capacity: Three-person
Load capacity: 496 lbs
Fuel capacity: 16.4 gal
Oil capacity: 5.3 qt
Storage capacity: 23.5 gal
Dry weight: 745 lbs
Overall length: 122.8 in.
Overall width: 46.5 in.
Overall height: 41.3 in.
Colors: Jet White/Firecracker Red; Jet White/Candy Thunder Blue
Price: starting at 8,099 USD