Any rider seeking adventure and excitement on the water need look no further than the 2008 Kawasaki Jet Ski 800 SX-R personal watercraft for satisfaction. Tracing its lineage to the original 400cc Jet Ski that ignited the personal watercraft blaze in 1973, the 800 SX-R is the modern 781cc version of the legend that continues to electrify.
The 2008 800 SX-R is powered by the massive twin-cylinder, two-stroke engine fed by a pair of 40mm Mikuni carburetors. Generating 699 pounds of thrust, this powerplant provides the most power available in a production Kawasaki stand-up and makes it easy to see why Kawasaki remains the market leader in personal watercraft innovation.
A waterproof, maintenance-free Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI) system with digital advance, aggressive exhaust port timing and a large-diameter exhaust pipe combine for incredible top-end power. The 800 SX-R uses a water jacket around the exhaust pipe to help reduce under hood temperatures and suppress noise. The machine also comes equipped with a freshwater flush fitting that fits a standard garden hose to help operators rinse out the motor’s cooling lines.
Like its famous ancestor, the 2008 Kawasaki 800 SX-R hull also sets the standard for innovation and performance. Exceptional stability and turning dexterity are the hallmarks of the design. Its stableness enhances rough-water handling for racers and also makes it easier for beginners to master stand-up riding more quickly. The hull design also provides a spacious footwell area to give the rider more room to maneuver, vary foot placement and shift body weight. Additionally, the handlepole placement offers optimum control and comfort. A soft padding over the tray area improves rider comfort even further.
The fiberglass reinforced plastic construction of the 800 SX-R hull helps to make the hull as light as possible without sacrificing strength. Extra fiberglass has also been placed in key areas to further improve hull durability and sponsons are just under the hull/top deck bond line to enhance turning. The hull’s compact size also simplifies transport and storage; it fits in the bed of a standard-sized pickup truck!
The top deck of the 800 SX-R is also made of fiberglass reinforced plastic so it’s tough and damage-resistant. The rugged material combined with the integrated foam flotation built into the deck and handlepole make this Jet Ski virtually unsinkable.
The amazing 2008 Kawasaki Jet Ski 800 SX-R is the most stable, best handling stand-up ever made. Perfect for newer riders – making them feel and ride like experts – it till allowing it to be very fun for the experienced rider.
- High-performance twin-cylinder, two-stroke engine delivers 699 pounds of thrust
- Large 781cc displacement provides great power and high top speed
- Intake tract designed for maximum performance
- Twin carburetors deliver excellent throttle response and optimum power at all rpm levels
- The waterproof, maintenance-free CDI system with digital advance provides reliability and durability, while a digital microcomputer precisely controls ignition timing
- ECU and ignition coils are also waterproof to protect the system from electrical shorts
- Rubber engine mounts provide superior vibration isolation for reduced noise and maximum comfort
- Large capacity airbox lowers engine noise and improves air intake flow
- Water-jacketed exhaust system reduces noise level and underhood temperatures for better power
- Fresh water flush fitting is adaptable to a garden hose so the operator can easily rinse out the motor’s cooling lines
- Advanced hull designed for exceptional stability
- Fiberglass reinforced plastic results in the lightest and strongest hull possible
- Injection-molded sponsons enhance stability, yet deliver ultra-responsive turning
- Kawasaki "lean-in" turning makes the 800 SX-R watercraft easier and less fatiguing to ride while providing superb handling in rough water
- Integrated flotation makes the craft virtually unsinkable
- Automatic bilge-pumping system empties water from the bilge whenever the craft is being ridden
- Sealed battery never needs water
- Large capacity fuel tank allows more time on the water
- Shielded jet propulsion system gives greater protection from damage
- Finger-type throttle reduces hand fatigue and increases comfort
- Modern styling features Kawasaki factory racing-inspired graphics
- Lightweight, easy to store and transport, and fits in a pick-up bed
- Fully cushioned rider area features thick material to provide maximum protection and comfort
- Wide footwell area gives riders more room to maneuver, vary foot placement and shift body weight
- Integrated foam flotation built into the deck and handlepole to make the 800 SX-R virtually unsinkable
Engine: Two-stroke, two-cylinder with crankcase reed valve induction
Broke x stroke: 82.0 x 74.0mm
Compression ratio: 7.2:1
Cooling system: Inducted water
Carburetion: Twin BN40 Mikuni
Ignition: Digital DC-CDI
Propulsion system: Jet pump, axial-flow, single stage
Thrust: 699 lbs
Fuel tank capacity: 5.0 gal
Overall length: 90.6 in.
Overall width: 28.7 in.
Overall height: 28.9 in.
Dry weight: 351 lbs
Color: Jet White/Lime Green, Jet White/Valiant Blue
Price: starting at 6,049 USD