The 2009 Kawasaki STX-15F offers you aquatic adventure with effortless and efficient fourstroke power.
The STX-15F combines over 30 years of Jet Ski knowledge and renowned Ninja motorcycle heritage to deliver the pure waterborne excitement that knowledgeable enthusiasts demand from Kawasaki Jet Ski watercraft. A healthy part of its effortless control and lasting performance comes from the broad and smooth spread of power delivered by its clean-running, four-stroke, 1,498cc engine.
Being a Kawasaki, the STX-15F’s high-performance matches its high standards; earning a Three-Star Ultra-Low Emissions rating, and meeting the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) strictest standards, as well as the 2009 California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards. For 2009, the STX-15F is even cleaner with new fuel hose material and revised fuel tank filler.
The 2009 STX-15F Jet Ski is powered from a powerful engine borrowed from the well known Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle. This four-stroke, four-cylinder inline, 1,498cc engine is more ecological than ever thanks to the research of the Kawasaki engineers.
Dual overhead cams, four valves per cylinder, fuel injection and electronic engine control (ECU) – to harmonize the fuel and ignition systems – provide maximum performance and reliability. A four-injector fuel injection system combined with a large 60mm throttle body delivers a quick response. The STX-15F’s four-stroke engine is rubber-mounted in the hull, and features a performance-tuned exhaust and a large-capacity airbox. The engine has a new head cover design, the water-jacketed exhaust system now uses fewer parts and the ECU settings are updated to match the engine changes.
Propulsion duties are handled by a direct drive axial-flow jet pump driving an oval-edge, stainless steel, three-blade impeller and an 82mm jet pump nozzle for powerful acceleration. Tuned to produce its peak power at a relatively low rpm, the STX-15F engine matches the impeller’s peak efficiency rpm ideally to provide a rider-friendly propelling performance. This direct drive arrangement eliminates any need for a complex gear reduction unit and offers improved durability and increased fuel economy with less vibration and noise.
The STX-15F features Kawasaki’s innovative electronic Smart Learning Operation (SLO). Accessible directly on the instrument panel, SLO can be programmed to place a limit on maximum engine speed so novice riders can experience riding at a reduced speed as they master proper riding techniques.
Aggressive turning and high-speed stability are key performance attributes of the STX-15F. Its specifically designed injection-molded sponsons have a special “lip” for increased cornering grip and high-speed stability. The STX-15F also gets electronic turning help via the Kawasaki Smart Steering® (KSS®). KSS features an on-board microprocessor that is electronically linked to a steering sensor. When the handlebar is fully turned in both direction and the engine rpm drops from a designated rpm—as when the throttle is released at speed—the microprocessor activates the system, which raises engine rpm to provide thrust for maneuvering.
Additionally a molded-in Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD) is incorporated into the hull design to help minimize spray on the rider. This muscular and aggressive looking STX-15F may be lighter and more compact than the competition, but it’s well endowed with a roomy riding position that makes aggressive performance riding easier and suits a wider range of riders.
The spacious rear deck of the STX-15F makes it easy to get into water skis or on a wakeboard. An automatically retracting boarding step located on the rear of the hull simplifies boarding in deep water. There is no shortage of space to stow items on the STX-15F. The rear deck can accommodate items needed for a day on the water, like a cooler, along with a water-resistant storage space, an easily accessible glove box and additional room for gear located under the seat.
Like the rest of the high-quality styling of the STX-15F, the hatch cover is sleek ABS plastic and uses a hydraulic damper to hold it open, allowing easy access until the rider closes it. Also made of ABS plastic, the mirrors echo the sleek lines and are mounted directly to the deck.
With a generous 16.4 gallon fuel capacity allowing extended rides, there is plenty of time to enjoy the cockpit features. These include a LCD instrument panel with fuel level, speed, engine rpm, trip distance and time information available and warning lamps to alert the rider of a low fuel level or high engine temperature, along with a magnetic keyed ignition switch that helps deter unauthorized operation.
The experience Kawasaki has in making Jet Ski’s and the powerful Ninja engine is all you need to enjoy the STX-15F.
- Four-stroke engine provides incredibly strong low- and mid-range torque
- Dual overhead cams (DOHC) are light and compact for less valve train inertial mass
- Large valves provide better intake and exhaust flow to improve torque and power
- Intake and exhaust valve lift as well as timing are optimized to reduce exhaust emissions
- Large capacity airbox cuts down engine noise and provides good air intake flow
- Intake tract designed for maximum performance
- Digital fuel injection provides great throttle response, smooth engine performance, quick acceleration, easy starting and excellent fuel economy
- Tip-over protection shuts engine off if craft tilts more than 61°
- Waterproofed ECU and ignition coils protects the ignition system from electrical shorts
- Unique semi-dry sump oil system lowers the crankshaft in the engine, eliminates the need for scavenging pumps, and keeps the oil from flooding the crankcase if the craft is capsized
- Kawasaki’s patented oil separator provides fail-safe venting for the crankcase and prevents oil from flowing into the intake tract if the craft is capsized
- Has earned a Three-Star UltraLow Emissions rating, meets the Environmental Protection Agency’s strictest standards, as well as the California Air Resources Board standards
- Kawasaki Smart Steering® (KSS®) monitors steering input and engine speed and, when certain conditions are met, raises rpm to give enough thrust to maneuver
- Reverse bucket is designed for more precise direction control when backing and is made of injection molded material to prevent corrosion
- Reverse increases maneuverability in tight places
- Hull size is optimized for a sporty, nimble ride
- Injection-molded sponsons deliver ultra-responsive turning, while enhancing stability
- Three-blade oval-edge stainless steel impeller pitch provides maximum efficiency and incredible durability
- Shielded jet propulsion system offers greater protection from damage
- Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD) helps keep spray off the operator and passenger
- Boarding step retracts automatically and eases boarding in deep water
- Large capacity fuel tank allows more time on the water
- Stylish hatch cover keeps with muscular look
- Handle position makes aggressive “stand-up” riding easier and provides ample room for a wide range of riders
- Spacious, close-to-the-water open rear deck provides plenty of spacious area for putting on skis or a wakeboard and easy deep water boarding
Engine: Four-stroke, four-cylinder inline
Bore x stroke: 83.0 x 69.2mm
Compression ratio: 10.6:1
Cooling system: Inducted water
Fuel System: Digital Fuel Injection w/60mm throttle body
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Lubrication: Semi-dry sump system
Coupling: Direct drive from engine
Propulsion system: Jet pump, axial-flow, single stage
Impeller: Three-blade, oval-edge stainless steel
Thrust: 957 lbs.
Seating capacity: Three-person
Load capacity: 496 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 16.4 gal.
Oil capacity: 5.3 qt.
Storage capacity: 23.5 gal.
Curb weight: 844.5 lbs.
Overall length: 122.8 in.
Overall width: 46.5 in.
Overall height: 41.3 in.
Colors: Jet White/Sunbeam Red; Jet White/Valiant Blue