The 2009 Jet Ski SX-R is the original stand-up PWC that delivers the legendary Kawasaki power.
For watercraft traditionalists and aquatic adventurers seeking a stand-up variety of H2O excitement, Kawasaki’s Jet Ski 800 SX-R personal watercraft is the answer. A modern 781cc version of the legendary original Jet Ski that first ignited the personal watercraft blaze in 1973, the sizzling 800 SX-R continues to boil the water.
The 2009 Kawasaki Jet Ski 800 SX-R is powered by a compact and powerful 781cc two-stroke twin-cylinder engine. Fed by a pair of 40mm Mikuni carburetors, this powerplant churns out 699 pounds of thrust – the most power ever offered in a production Kawasaki stand-up. A waterproof, maintenance-free Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI) system with digital advance, aggressive exhaust port timing and a large-diameter exhaust pipe help the twin to produce its blistering top-end power.
Not only the riders, but also everyone that want to spend a quiet day on the water, will be pleased by the 800 SX-R, because it uses a water jacket around the exhaust pipe to help suppress noise. The water jacket boosts its reliability by reducing underhood temperatures as well. Also helping raise reliability – while lowering maintenance efforts – is a freshwater flush fitting that fits a standard garden hose to help operators rinse out the motor’s cooling lines.
Exceptional stability and turning dexterity are trademarks of the 800 SX-R’s innovative hull design. The same stableness that enhances its rough-water handling for racers makes it easier for beginners to master stand-up riding more quickly. Its spacious footwell area gives the rider room to maneuver, vary foot placement and shift body weight. Additionally, the handlepole placement offers optimum control and comfort. A soft padding over the tray area improves rider comfort even further.
The fiberglass reinforced plastic construction of the 800 SX-R hull and top deck helps to make the hull as light as possible yet tough and damage-resistant. Extra fiberglass is also applied in key areas to further improve hull durability. Its sponsons are just under the hull/top deck bond line to enhance turning.
The rugged fiberglass material combined with the integrated foam flotation built into the deck and handlepole make the 800 SX-R virtually unsinkable. The hull’s compact size also simplifies transport and storage, it fits in the bed of a standard-sized pickup truck.
If you want to beat every other jet ski on the water, or you just want to have fun the Kawasaki 800 SX-R is the best choice.
781cc Twin-cylinder Engine
- High-performance, large displacement two-stroke engine delivers 699 pounds of thrust
- Intake tract designed for maximum performance
- Twin carburetors provide excellent throttle response and optimum power at all rpm levels
- The waterproof, maintenance-free CDI system with digital advance provides reliability and durability, while a digital microcomputer precisely controls ignition timing
- ECU and ignition coils are also waterproofed to protect the system from electrical shorts
- Superior vibration isolation via rubber engine mounts mean reduced noise and maximum comfort
- Large capacity airbox provides low engine noise and high air intake flow
- Water-jacketed exhaust system reduces noise level and underhood temperatures for better power
- Fresh water flush fitting is adaptable to a garden hose so the operator can easily rinse out the motor’s cooling lines
- Advanced hull design offers exceptional stability
- Fiberglass reinforced plastic results in the lightest and strongest hull possible
- Lightweight, easy to store and transport, and fits in a pick-up bed
- Injection-molded sponsons enhance stability, yet deliver ultra-responsive turning
- Kawasaki "lean-in" turning makes the 800 SX-R watercraft easier and less fatiguing to ride while providing superb handling in rough water
- Automatic bilge-pumping system empties water from the bilge whenever the craft is being ridden
- Sealed battery never needs water
- Large capacity fuel tank allows more time on the water
- Shielded jet propulsion system gives greater protection from damage
- Finger-type throttle reduces hand fatigue and increases comfort
- Modern styling features Kawasaki factory racinginspired graphics
Cockpit and Deck
- Fully cushioned rider area features thick material to provide maximum protection and comfort
- Wide footwell area gives riders more room to maneuver, vary foot placement and shift body weight
- Integrated foam flotation built into the deck and handlepole to make the 800 SX-R virtually unsinkable
Engine: Two-stroke, two-cylinder with crankcase reed valve induction
Broke x stroke: 82.0 x 74.0mm
Compression ratio: 7.2:1
Cooling system: Inducted water
Carburetion: Twin BN40 Mikuni
Ignition: Digital DC-CDI
Propulsion system: Jet pump, axial-flow, single stage
Thrust: 699 lbs.
Fuel tank capacity: 4.5 gal.
Overall length: 90.6 in.
Overall width: 28.7 in.
Overall height: 28.9 in.
Curb weight: 396.9 lbs.
Color: Jet White/Ebony