The Kawasaki Jet Ski STX-15F is equipped with the strongest engine in its class, so you can expect to mind-blowing performances combined with a great agility and perfect stability at high speeds.
Talking about the engine, the STX-15F is propelled by a four-stroke, four-cylinder inline unit with a displacement of 1,498 cc. The engine develops an impressive output of 160 hp and apart from being strong it is also pretty efficient. It even managed to earn a Three-Star Ultra-Low Emsissions rating from the California Air Resources Board and meets the Environmental Protection Agency’s strictest standards.
It is also worthy of being mentioned that the hull size is optimized for a sporty ride, while the injection-molded sponsons deliver a great turning.
The 2013 Kawasaki Jet Ski STX-15F is offered with a starting price of $9,699.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Kawasaki Jet Ski STX-15F.
Serious Performance and Surprising Value for Summer Fun
Boasting the most powerful engine in its class, a composite hull that offers sporty handling, plenty of rider-friendly features, and serious value, the Jet Ski® STX®-15F will have you looking for reasons to get out on the water more. It’s the perfect personal watercraft to complement all your summer fun.
The STX-15F’s Ninja®-derived 1,498cc engine delivers plenty of low- and mid-range torque. The powerplant pumps out 160 horsepower — making this the most powerful watercraft in its class. But the engine still has good fuel economy and environmental manners: the STX-15F has earned a Three-Star Ultra-Low Emissions rating from the California Air Resources Board and meets the Environmental Protection Agency’s strictest standards.
Dual overhead cams, four valves per cylinder, fuel injection and electronic engine control (ECU) – to harmonize the fuel and ignition systems – provide maximum performance and reliability. A four-injector fuel injection system combined with a large 60mm throttle body delivers a quick response. The STX-15F’s four-stroke engine is rubber mounted, and features a performance-tuned exhaust and large-capacity airbox.
Propulsion duties are handled by a direct drive axial-flow jet pump driving an oval-edge, stainless steel, three-blade 148mm impeller for powerful acceleration. Tuned to produce its peak power at a relatively low rpm, the STX-15F engine matches the impeller’s peak efficiency to provide rider-friendly propelling performance. This direct drive arrangement eliminates any need for a complex gear reduction unit and offers improved durability and increased fuel economy with less vibration and noise.
The STX-15F personal watercraft features Kawasaki’s innovative electronic Smart Learning Operation (SLO). Accessible directly on the instrument panel, SLO can be programmed to limit maximum engine speed so novices can experience riding at a reduced speed as they master proper techniques.
Aggressive turning and high-speed tracking are key performance attributes of the STX-15F. Its specifically designed injection-molded sponsons have a special “lip” for increased cornering grip and high-speed tracking. The STX-15F also gets electronic turning help via its Kawasaki Smart Steering® (KSS®) system. KSS features an on-board microprocessor that is electronically linked to a steering sensor. When the handlebar is fully turned in either direction and the engine rpm drops from a designated rpm – as when the throttle is released at speed – the microprocessor activates the system, which raises engine rpm to provide thrust for maneuvering.
Additionally, a molded-in Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD) is incorporated into the hull design to help minimize spray on the rider. This muscular and aggressive looking STX-15F may be lighter and more compact than the competition, but its spacious riding position makes aggressive performance riding easier while suiting a wider range of riders.
The spacious rear deck of the STX-15F makes it easy to get into water skis or on a wakeboard. An automatically retracting boarding step located on the rear of the hull simplifies boarding in deep water. There is no shortage of space to stow items on the STX-15F. The rear deck can accommodate items needed for a day on the water, like a cooler, along with a water-resistant storage compartment, an easily accessible glove box and additional room for gear located under the seat.
Like the rest of the high-quality styling of the STX-15F, the hatch cover is sleek ABS plastic and uses a hydraulic damper to hold it open, allowing easy access until the rider closes it. Also made of ABS plastic, the mirrors echo the sleek lines and are mounted directly to the deck.
With a generous 16.4-gallon fuel capacity allowing for extended rides, there is plenty of time to enjoy the cockpit features. These include a LCD instrument panel with fuel level, speed, engine rpm, trip distance and time information available and warning lamps to alert the rider of a low fuel level or high engine temperature, along with a magnetic keyed ignition switch that helps deter unauthorized operation.
- 160-horsepower engine is the most powerful in its price range
- Digital fuel injection provides smooth performance and excellent fuel economy
- Agile hull facilitates sporty handling
- Digital instrumentation includes a speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge
- Class-leading storage lets you take all your gear with you
160 horsepower* 1,498cc Engine
- Four-stroke engine provides incredibly strong low and mid-range torque
- The most powerful engine in its price range
- Dual overhead cams (DOHC) are light and compact for less valve train inertial mass
- Large valves provide better intake and exhaust flow to improve torque and power
- Intake and exhaust valve lift, as well as cam timing, are optimized to reduce exhaust emissions
- Large capacity airbox cuts down engine noise and provides good air intake flow
- Intake tract designed for maximum performance
- Digital fuel injection provides great throttle response, smooth engine performance, quick acceleration, easy starting and excellent fuel economy
- Tip-over protection shuts engine off if craft tilts more than 61 degrees
- Waterproofed ECU and ignition coils protect the ignition system from electrical shorts
- Unique semi-dry sump oil system lowers the crankshaft in the engine, eliminates the need for scavenging pumps, and keeps the oil from flooding the crankcase if the craft is capsized
- Kawasaki’s patented oil separator provides fail-safe venting for the crankcase and prevents oil from flowing into the intake tract if the craft is capsized
- Has earned a Three-Star Ultra-Low Emissions rating, meets the Environmental Protection Agency’s strictest standards, as well as the California Air Resources Board’s standards *Horsepower measured in PS at the crankshaft under controlled conditions. Actual performance may vary.
- Kawasaki Smart Steering® (KSS®) monitors steering input and engine speed and, when certain conditions are met, raises rpm to give enough thrust to maneuver
- Reverse bucket is designed for more precise direction control when backing and is made of injection molded material to prevent corrosion
- Reverse increases maneuverability in tight places
- Hull size is optimized for a sporty and nimble ride
- Injection-molded sponsons deliver ultra-responsive turning, while enhancing tracking
- Durable three-blade oval-edge stainless steel impeller provides maximum efficiency
- Shielded jet propulsion system offers greater protection from damage
- Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD) helps keep spray off the operator and passenger
- Boarding step retracts automatically and eases boarding in deep water
- Large capacity fuel tank allows more time on the water
- Integrated storage compartments offer the largest storage capacity in its class
- Stylish hatch cover keeps with muscular look
- Handle position makes aggressive “stand-up” riding easier and provides ample room for a wide range of riders
- Spacious, close-to-the-water open rear deck provides plenty of room for putting on skis or a wakeboard and easy deep water boarding
|Engine||Four-stroke, four-cylinder inline|
|Bore x Stroke||83.0 x 69.2 mm|
|Cooling system||Inducted water|
|Fuel System||Digital Fuel Injection w/60mm throttle body|
|Ignition||TCBI with Digital Advance|
|Lubrication||Semi-Dry Sump system|
|Coupling||Direct drive from engine|
|Propulsion system||Jet pump, axial-flow single stage|
|Impeller||Three-blade, oval-edge stainless steel|
|Maximum Thrust||957 lb.|
|Overall Length||122.8 in.|
|Overall Width||46.5 in.|
|Overall Height||41.3 in.|
|Curb Weight||844.5 lb.****Inlcudes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)|
|Load Capacity||496 lb.|
|Storage Capacity||23.5 gal.|
|Fuel Capacity||16.4 gal.|
|Oil Capacity||5.3 qt.|
|Color Choices||Jet White / Galaxy Silver|
|Good Times™ Protection Plan||12, 24, 36 or 48 months|