The Kawasaki Ultra 300X is a pretty versatile jet ski developed for those who like to play at high speeds, but also want to have a practical partner when it’s time to haul some load.
This Japanese jet ski is propelled by a supercharged and intercooled 1,498cc, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine that cranks out an impressive power of 300 hp. The engine breaths through a 4-into-2-into-1 powerboat-style exhaust system that routes the exhaust pipe upward keeping the overall performances to a high level. The engine is fed by the largest fuel tank in the class that has a capacity of 20.6 gal.
As far as ergonomics are concerned, the Kawasaki Jet Ski Ultra 300X is fitted with five-way adjustable handlebars, a relatively narrow and reshaped two piece seat, a long rear boarding step and dual grab handles.
Hit the jump for more information on the Kawasaki Jet Ski Ultra 300X.
A Trifecta of Power, Handling and Style
Every once and a while, an adventurous rider just wants something to make their heart race; other times, they need a personal watercraft that can haul the load and isn’t afraid of rough water. With 300 horsepower , impressive handling, and an array of performance-enhancing features, the Jet Ski® Ultra® 300X can accomplish these different tasks better than the competition’s watercraft offerings. It truly gives enthusiasts everything they desire — and more!
Its 1,498cc engine is boosted by a high-tech Eaton TVS supercharger and Kawasaki’s Electronic Throttle Valve System to help channel power exactly where and how the rider wants it. The Ultra 300X’s race-derived hull delivers the top-tier handling that hardcore enthusiasts expect.
Amazing thrust is a key ingredient in the Ultra 300X package, and the 1,498cc inline-four DOHC engine supports the recipe like no other PWC powerplant on the water! Its roots-type Eaton Twin Vortices Series (TVS) supercharger features a pair of four-lobe rotors and offers truly impressive performance compared to other supercharger systems. Roots-type superchargers are known as fixed-displacement units, which produce large quantities of boost at all rpm, even right off idle, for a flat torque curve and usable, step-free power across the rev range. That’s a good thing.
This supercharger is capable of smooth power delivery, due to its ability to channel compressed air through at a steady rate, instead of in waves, as other superchargers do. A liquid-cooled intercooler helps keep the compressed intake charge cool, which stops power-robbing heat from sapping the system’s efficiency.
There’s more. Strong internal engine parts assist power production and help maintain the high level of reliability you’ve come to expect from Kawasaki Jet Ski watercraft. An efficient oil cooler helps minimize temperatures when the action gets really hot upstairs by sandwiching oil between two cooling jackets. The result is 300 class-leading horsepower.
The 300X’s array of futuristic electronics include a highly advanced fuel injection system controlled by a high-tech Electronic Control Unit (ECU), the “brain” of the entire system. The ECU not only commands the injectors and throttle bodies to route a precise amount of air/fuel mixture into the combustion chambers with help from the Electronic Throttle Valve (ETV) system (which converts throttle lever inputs into electronic signals that are then passed on to the throttle body), it also allows a host of other technologies.
These include a range of varied riding “modes” such as Fuel Economy Assistance mode (for maximum economy during slower going), one-touch 5 mph mode (for use in no-wake zones), the 300X’s handy Electronic Cruise Control system (for steady cruising speeds when touring) and the Smart Learning Operation (SLO) mode, which allows newer riders to become familiar with the handling and response of the watercraft at a more relaxed pace. The setup also includes a digital dash display called the Economical Riding Indicator that shows the rider when riding conditions are most efficient (such as at planing speed, where hull resistance is minimal).
Another example of advanced design is the 300X’s Electronic Trim Control (ETC) system, which controls the nozzle angle of the 160mm jet pump to adjust hull attitude to suit water surface conditions and riding style. The system has a plus-or-minus range of eight degrees, and along with the hull, allows quicker turning characteristics. An advanced impeller design matches the engine’s performance, while the horizontal guide “vanes” on the propulsion grate help increase tracking and hook-up during acceleration. It all adds up to the most advanced watercraft powerplant in the industry.
The race-derived, fiberglass-reinforced plastic hull is both incredibly strong and incredibly light. Special reinforcements inside help strengthen the hull while its overall thickness keeps everything light. This highly maneuverable hull has a cleaning system with a two-circuit design, which each have a dedicated flushing port for easy maintenance. Its radically edged contours and nose trim add up to an aggressive look at the bow.
The Ultra 300X’s cockpit and rider accommodations feature a high-visibility instrument panel with an all-LCD info screen and visor that’s not only futuristic but wildly informative. The highly legible LCD display accommodates the aforementioned riding-mode displays along with a range of other functions, including clock; time, trip and hour meter; digital or bar-graph tachometer; water and air temperature gauges; speedometer and max-speed functions. You’ll always know what’s what when aboard the 300X.
The 300X’s comfortable ergonomics help increase rider comfort. The five-way adjustable handlebar fits a range of riders and riding styles. A wide bar allows for easy maneuverability and makes even long rides comfortable. The two-piece seat offers roomy accommodations for three people, while a narrow front makes it easy for riders to ride sitting or standing. The ergonomic deck design gives all riders plenty of legroom for increased comfort, and a reverse lever on the left side of the craft features an ergonomic design and light operation.
And with nearly 21 gallons of fuel capacity – the most in its class – the 300X allows plenty of range for long-distance treks. A convenient storage bin with 54 gallons of capacity hides under the front cowl, and a dual drink holder keeps refreshments just a reach away. Total combined storage capacity is an industry-leading 60 gallons.
Lightweight, powerful, blessed with superb handling and comfort, and featuring Kawasaki’s world-renowned design and reliability, the Ultra 300X doesn’t just sit atop the performance watercraft pyramid – it commands the position proudly.
- Class-shattering 300 horsepower for outstanding performance
- Strong, light, deep-V hull offers both straight-line tracking and great cornering performance
- Massive, industry-leading storage capacity lets you bring your gear with you
- Largest fuel tank in class keeps the fun going longer
- Five-position adjustable handlebar accommodates a variety of riders
- Separate keys for full power operation and Smart Learning Operation
300-horsepower Supercharged Engine
- Supercharged and intercooled 1,498cc, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine
- Cast pistons with machine finishing for excellent durability
- Hardened nickel valves offer superior heat resistance and reliability
- 33.4mm intake and 28.3mm exhaust valves
- Two-layer oil cooler offers efficient cooling
- Large cam chain handles enhance engine power
- Reinforced crankcase adds to engine’s durability and reliability
- Heat-resistant plastic intake manifold for weight savings
- Optimum cylinder wall temperature is maintained by a check valve between the cylinder jacket and water muffler that shuts water flow off above 2,000 rpm, keeping the cooling water inside the cylinder jacket
- Precise power adjustments are easy with a throttle lever designed to prevent finger fatigue on longer rides
Eaton Twin Vortices Roots-type Supercharger
- Four-lobe design offers significant performance increase over standard roots-type unit
- System force-feeds the engine two liters of air with every revolution, providing a constant supply of high-pressure intake air at all rpm
- Delivers compressed air continuously, not in waves, for smoother power delivery
- Produces large amounts of boost even at low rpm for instant and powerful acceleration right off of idle
- Provides a very flat and meaty torque curve with step-free power across the entire rev range without any of the lag associated with turbochargers
- Produces more low-rpm boost than competitive or aftermarket systems, with a maximum of 17 psi of boost pressure
- Two different air bypass valves are used to prevent over boosting at low and medium rpm
- Efficiently cools high-pressure intake air, as cooler air is denser and makes more power
- Cooler air results in higher combustion efficiency and high engine output
- Liquid cooling allows the intercooler to maintain consistent thermal performance
Digital Fuel Injection System
- High-flow fuel injectors with four orifices are fitted for combustion efficiency
- Single throttle body features a large, 60mm bore diameter
- 4-into-2-into-1 powerboat-style exhaust system routes the exhaust pipe upward
- Allows the smoothest path for exhaust gases, maximizing exhaust efficiency
160mm Jet Propulsion
- Efficiently converts the Ultra 300X’s massive horsepower output into thrust using a large-diameter 160mm jet pump
- Developed from Kawasaki’s racing machines, this pump was specially designed to deliver consistent output and good “bite” even when riding on rough water
- Impeller features a 3-blade design that translates the 300X’s engine output into superb acceleration performance and quiet operation
- An eight-vane intake guide is used to smooth and regulate the flow of water from the impeller for efficient and powerful propulsion
- Left-side reverse lever offers easy operation
- Features a groove from the center to the rear of the plate to enhance straight-line tracking
Electronic Trim Control System
- Allows the angle of the jet pump nozzle to be controlled to adjust the attitude of the hull to suit water surface conditions and riding styles
- Adjustment range is plus or minus 8 degrees from standard
Electronic Throttle Valve (ETV) with Cruise Control
- Electronic cruise control smoothly holds a set speed from 5 mph up to top speed
- Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) converts throttle lever input to an electronic signal that’s used to control the throttle valve via an electric motor for optimum throttle response and smoothness
- Redundancy in the system helps ensure control is maintained in case of failure
- One-touch 5 mph mode allows push button no-wake zone riding
- Fuel Economy Assistance mode allows maximum fuel efficiency when going slow
- Economical Riding Indicator mode can be viewed on a graph on the LCD info screen
- Eco Mode reduces and smooths engine performance while conserving fuel
Strong, Light Hull Design
- Feedback from Kawasaki’s IJSBA championship-winning racing machines integrated into design enables it to cope with the engine’s increased horsepower
- Reinforced inner bow complements engine’s power output
- Hull offers a combination of high straight-line tracking and responsive handling in both calm and rough-water conditions
- The lower hull is specially designed to distribute the engine and power delivery loads over a wide area
- The 300X’s deep-V hull enables a high bank angle and motorcycle-like turning performance. This reduces the lateral G-loads imposed on riders during turns, allowing them to better concentrate on riding
- The ideal 22.5-degree V-angle at the bottom of the hull helps reduce unwanted spinouts during sharp turns
- Delivers the neutral handling and turning characteristics for which Kawasaki JET SKI watercraft are famous
- Bottom of the hull slants upward steeply from the center section to the bow, so the Ultra 300X can penetrate swells and waves with less shock, pushing through waves rather than bouncing over them at high speeds
- Integrated sponsons extend from the hull, providing wallow-free straight-line performance and contributing significantly to the 300X’s excellent maneuverability while helping to retain the narrow hull design
- The Ultra 300X’s Kawasaki Splash Deflector uses three bottom-mounted ridges and an additional deflector mounted at the top to deflect water splashing forward from under the hull
- Whether turning or rocketing forward, at high speeds or low, the Quattro KSD minimizes spray, allowing greater rider concentration
Kawasaki Smart Steering®/SLO Mode
- Kawasaki Smart Steering® (KSS®) monitors steering input and engine speed and, when certain conditions are met, raises rpm to help initiate a turn
- Smart Learning Operation (SLO) allows newer riders to become familiar with the handling and response of this JET SKI watercraft at a more relaxed pace
- Two separate keys, one for SLO mode and one for full-power operation, help prevent confusion over which setting is in use
Comfort and Convenience
- Five-way adjustable handlebars allow operation while standing or sitting and suit a wide range of riders
- Relatively narrow and reshaped seat is comfortable whether riding stand-up, seated or with passengers
- Two-piece seat offers roomy accommodations for three people
- Ergonomic deck design gives plenty of legroom
- A long rear boarding step and dual grab handles make it easy to climb onboard, and the step retracts inside the bumper to prevent damage
- Reverse lever is comfortable and easy to use
- A quick and easy hose connection allows a simple method to flush sea water out of the engine
- Mirrors are mounted to the upper deck to facilitate opening of the hatch cover
- The Ultra 300X offers 60 gallons of total storage capacity
- The large-capacity, fully sealed storage area with a detachable storage tray has plenty of room for recreational equipment
- A detachable drink holder with space for two drink bottles is mounted on the center console
- Ideal for small items like a ski rope, a compact storage area is integrated with the under-seat rear grip
Extra-large Fuel Capacity
- 20.6-gallon fuel tank has more capacity than any machine in its class
- Highly legible LCD screen
- Instrumentation includes riding modes, as well as external water and air temperature, clock, time, trip and hour meters, tachometer (in digital or graph displays), speedometer and max speed functions
- Eco Indicator shows the rider when the speed and throttle opening is in the 300X’s most efficient range
|Engine||Supercharged and intercooled, four-stroke, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline four-cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||83 x 69.2 mm|
|Induction||Eaton Twin Vortices Series roots-type supercharger with air-to-water intercooler|
|Maximum Boost||17.0 psi|
|Maximum Horsepower||300 hp **Horsepower measured in PS at the crankshaft under controlled conditions. Actual performance may vary.|
|Cooling system||Inducted water|
|Fuel System||Digital Fuel Injection|
|Ignition||TCBI with Digital Advance|
|Lubrication||Semi-Dry Sump system|
|Coupling||Direct drive from engine|
|Propulsion system||160mm jet pump, axial-flow, single stage|
|Impeller||Three-blade, oval-edge stainless steel|
|Overall Length||132.7 in.|
|Overall Width||47.0 in.|
|Overall Height||45.3 in.|
|Curb Weight||1040.8 lb.** Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)|
|Load Capacity||496 lbs.|
|Storage Capacity||60 gal.|
|Fuel Capacity||20.6 gal.|
|Oil Capacity||5.3 qt.|
|Color Choices||Ebony / Candy Lime Green, Ebony / Metallic Stardust White|
|Good Times™ Protection Plan||12, 24, 36 or 48 months|