The Kawasaki Jet Ski Ultra LX offers a great combination between comfort, performance and sportiness. This combination gives it a versatile character, so you can always rely on it with confidence. At its heart lies a 1,498cc, four-stroke, fuel injected engine that cranks out a maximum output of 160 hp.
As far as comfort is concerned, the Kawasaki Jet Ski Ultra LX is equipped with a luxury touring seat, five-way adjustable handlebars and a long rear boarding step. You also get an ergonomic deck design that offers plenty of legroom for rider-friendly seating accommodations, as well as a quick and easy under-hood hose connection.
For enhanced performances at both high and low speeds, the jet ski is equipped with Kawasaki’s Smart Steering (KSS) system that monitors steering input and engine speed to improve the turning abilities.
The Kawasaki Jet Ski Ultra LX is offered with a starting price of $11,199.
Hit the jump for more information on the Kawasaki Jet Ski Ultra LX.
Luxury, Performance and Efficiency
Finding the sweet spot between performance and efficiency isn’t always an easy task. But the Jet Ski® Ultra® LX personal watercraft hits all the right marks. The high-powered PWC is an all-around, go-everywhere cruiser that’ll thrill you with its amazing blend of performance, convenience and functionality. Sharing many parts from its racier 300 series siblings, the Ultra LX has the heart to satisfy your power urges. Think of it as a normally aspirated version of Kawasaki’s supercharged Ultra 300LX and you’ll be on the right track.
The comparison to Kawasaki’s ultimate personal watercraft is an apt one, as the Ultra LX incorporates a handful of advanced features and technologies from the supercharged Ultra 300X unit. The Ultra LX’s advanced hull is a fiberglass-reinforced design that creates serious maneuverability thanks to its 22.5-degree deep-V shape, which allows high bank angles and motorcycle-like turning performance – something for which Kawasaki is more than qualified!
There’s more Ultra 300 technology in the propulsion system. The jet pump, driveshaft and nozzle share their basic design with the 300 series, and the results are quite predictable. This advanced system converts the Ultra LX’s horsepower into immediate yet controllable thrust via a large-diameter 155mm jet pump. Combined with a steering nozzle designed for light handling, the system delivers consistent performance, and also plenty of bite, even in rough water.
Everything Kawasaki knows about high-tech engine building goes into the Ultra LX’s super-efficient powerplant. The reliable 1,498cc inline-four 4-stroke is based on the engine powering the legendary Ninja® ZX™-14R sportbike – the quickest production sportbike on the planet. It delivers stunning power – 160 horsepower and nearly 1,000 pounds of thrust – plus ultra-manageable throttle response thanks to its double overhead camshaft cylinder head design, lightweight pistons, advanced fuel injection system, efficient intake tracts and optimized exhaust. The big inline-four is also surprisingly fuel efficient, which means you’ll do a lot of exploration and wave-whipping before the extra-large 20.6-gallon fuel tank runs dry.
Another reason you can disappear all day on the Ultra LX is its 60-gallon storage capacity, which means food, drinks, supplies and extras of all sorts can be easily stowed. On-board comfort for rider and passengers is supreme, of course. There’s a soft luxury seat with support bolsters, five-position steering that allows the rider to dial in just the right amount of height while standing or sitting, and splash deflectors to help minimize spray and keep everyone dry. There’s also a large, easy-to-read LCD display that serves up a multitude of key digital information including water and ambient temperature. Its easy-to-use reverse lever offers light operation.
There’s no end to the fun and exploration you can generate on a watercraft as performance-oriented, practical and fun as the 2013 Ultra LX. Here’s what one journalist remarked after getting off an Ultra LX: “It unlocks parts of the ocean and the planet you simply couldn’t get to before. And that’s an amazing and wonderful thing.” We couldn’t agree more.
- Sporty handling and excellent tracking in all water conditions
- Deep-V hull provides better grip for racing-like performance
- Industry-leading storage capacity lets you bring all the gear you need
- Largest fuel tank in class keeps the fun going longer
- Scalloped luxury seat enhances comfort during high-speed cruising
- Five-position adjustable steering adapts to a variety of riders
- Splash deflectors across the bottom of the bow minimize spray in a wide variety of conditions for greater rider concentration
- Retracting rear boarding step makes it easy to climb aboard
160 Horsepower 1,498cc, Four-stroke Engine
- Strong engine provides 160 horsepower2 plus excellent low
- and mid-range torque
- Dual overhead cams (DOHC) are light and compact for less valve train inertial mass
- Four large valves per cylinder provide better intake and exhaust flow for optimum torque and power
- Intake and exhaust valve lift as well as timing are set to reduce exhaust emissions
- Intake tract designed for maximum performance
- Waterproof ECU and ignition coils protect the ignition system from electrical shorts
- Unique semi-dry sump oil system lowers the crankshaft in the engine, eliminates the need for scavenging pumps, and keeps the oil in the sump instead of flooding the crankcase if the craft capsizes
- Large capacity airbox lowers engine noise and improves air intake flow
- Large single 60mm throttle body
- Digital fuel injection provides great throttle response, smooth engine performance and quick acceleration, as well as easy starting and excellent fuel economy
- Four-orifice, high-flow fuel injectors provide efficient combustion
155mm Jet Pump
- Large-diameter 155mm jet pump efficiently converts the engine’s horsepower into thrust
- Developed based on feedback from Kawasaki’s race machines, this pump is designed to deliver consistent output and good “bite,” even when riding on rough water
- The large, sophisticated three-blade impeller unit delivers both high speed performance and quiet operation
- Eight-vane intake guide smooths and regulates the flow of water from the impeller for efficient and powerful propulsion
- The reverse lever is on the left side for easy operation while modulating the throttle with the right hand
- Design incorporates feedback from Kawasaki’s IJSBA championship-winning racing machines for excellent tracking and responsive handling in both calm and rough water conditions
- Delivers the neutral handling and turning characteristics that made Kawasaki Jet Ski® personal watercraft famous, yet the hull enables a high bank angle for motorcycle-like turning performance with reduced side G-loads imposed on riders during turns
- The 22.5-degree V-angle at the bottom of the Ultra® LX’s hull helps prevent spinouts during sharp turns and provides a smoother ride in rough water
- Placing the battery near the center of the machine optimizes weight balance in the hull and frees space inside the engine bay to help maximize storage capacity
- Bottom of the hull slants upward steeply from the center section to the bow, allowing the Ultra LX to penetrate swells and waves with less shock. This allows the hull to push through waves rather than bounce over them at a higher pace
- Integrated sponsons extend from the hull, providing wallow-free straight-line performance and contribute significantly to the Ultra LX’s excellent high-speed maneuverability while helping to retain a narrow hull design
- Features a groove from the center to the rear of the ride plate that enhances straight-line tracking
- The Ultra LX’s Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD) uses three bottom-mounted ridges and an additional deflector mounted at the top to deflect water splashing forward from under the hull
- Whether turning or blasting straight ahead at high speeds or low, the Quattro KSD minimizes spray, allowing greater rider concentration
Kawasaki Smart Steering® and Smart Learning Operation Mode
- Kawasaki Smart Steering® (KSS®) monitors steering input and engine speed and, when certain conditions are met, raises rpm to initiate a desired turn, helping new riders better enjoy the performance of this remarkable machine
- Smart Learning Operation (SLO) allows novice riders to become familiar with the handling and response of this Jet Ski watercraft at a more relaxed pace before unleashing the full performance of the Ultra LX
- Two separate keys, one for SLO mode and one for full-power operation, help prevent confusion over which setting is in use
Comfort and Convenience
- Luxury touring seat incorporates specific support areas for the rider and passenger to offer increased confidence and a more relaxing experience
- Five-way adjustable handlebars allow operation while standing or sitting for a wide range of riders
- Ergonomic deck design has plenty of legroom for rider-friendly seating accommodations
- A long rear boarding step makes it easy to climb onboard, and the step retracts inside the bumper to prevent damage
- A quick and easy under-hood hose connection allows easy flushing of sea water out of the engine
- Mirrors mounted on the upper deck facilitate opening of the hatch cover
- 60-gallon storage capacity is the largest in its class
- The large-capacity, fully sealed 58-gallon storage area is fitted with a detachable storage tray and has plenty of room for recreational equipment
- Glove box on the center console has a built-in drink holder with space for two drink bottles
- Compact storage area under the rear passenger seat is ideal for small items
|Engine||Four-stroke, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, four-cylinder inline|
|Bore x Stroke||83 x 69.2 mm|
|Cooling system||Inducted water|
|Fuel System||Digital fuel injection with 60mm throttle body|
|Ignition||TCBI with Digital Advance|
|Lubrication||Semi-Dry Sump system|
|Coupling||Direct drive from engine|
|Propulsion system||155mm Jet pump, axial-flow, single stage|
|Impeller||Three-blade, oval-edge stainless steel|
|Overall Length||132.7 in.|
|Overall Width||47.0 in.|
|Overall Height||45.3 in.|
|Curb Weight||932.7 lbs** Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)|
|Load Capacity||496 lbs.|
|Storage Capacity||60 gal.|
|Fuel Capacity||20.6 gal.|
|Oil Capacity||5.3 qt.|
|Color Choices||Jet White / Galaxy Silver|
|Good Times™ Protection Plan||12, 24, 36 or 48 months|
|Maximum Horsepower||160 hp **Horsepower measured in PS at the crankshaft under controlled conditions. Actual performance may vary.|