The 215 hp supercharged, intercooled engine is back in all its arm-stretching glory for 2007. It’s still the most powerful engine in the industry, and has yet to get beat in the Musclecraft Shootout. And new for the 2007 Sea-Doo RXP is a 155 hp engine option. Either way, you’ll be digging into turns and beating your friends across the lake with no mercy. There’s simply no letting up when a PWC handles like this.
The 2007 Sea-Doo RXP is a 2-Passenger Style Personal Watercraft "PWC" equipped with an 1494cc, Liquid Cooled, In-line, SOHC, 4-Stroke Engine. It has a 4-blade Stainless Steel impeller and puts out 215HP.
The Sea-Doo RXP’s supercharged 4-stroke 3-cylinder Rotax SOHC with intercooler features a big-bore (100mm), short-stroke (63.4mm) design. Reduced piston travel means a longer engine life. The heads are a 4-valve design because the RXP mill is redlined at 8 grand. High-revving bike engines that spin at over 11,000 rpm benefit from 5-valve heads. Premium components, such as titanium valves, add to the durability equation, but that stuff doesn’t come cheap. Bombardier, the parent company for Sea-Doo, Rotax and other brands, needed volume to justify the engine investment. In addition to powering PWCs, the 4-stroke – dubbed 4 TEC – in various configurations is being bolted into everything from the company’s ATVs and snowmobiles to Sea-Doo sport boats.
The 2007 Sea-Doo RXP’s hull is based on Sea-Doo’s GTi line. It is slightly modified with improved chine placement and front spray deflectors. The intake area is widened to process more water. The top deck is totally new, and the rider position, compared to the GTi, is moved forward for a more athletic riding style and quicker turning.
Handling aside, the RXP excels in the same arena as the old muscle cars: straight-line performance. It will take you from point A to point B quicker than any other PWC on the water.
The Sea-Doo RXP starts very easy, but the idle is way too high from the factory. Inexperienced riders will be running into everything. The boat idles at over 1800 RPM. Reverse operation is not very smooth and the reverse handle is of made of poorly constructed/supported material.
The RXP takes off like a rocket, and runs up to peak speed in a real hurry - everything happens super fast. It turns and handles great, seating is great, and the color is amazing. On a calm day it can reach a top speed of 73 mph.
Like every “mechanical machine” build by men the Sea-Doo RXP has some good and some bad points.
Good points: it’s dependable, handles well at all speed, fast and can jump clear out of the water over small waves.
Bad points: sprays a little at low speed and can break down without a warning.
In its short life (the first model of the RXP was built in 2004) the Sea-Doo RXP won some awards – "Watercraft of the Year 2004" and "Watercraft of the Year" – that made this ski jet popular.
There are those content to watch the world go by. On the Sea-Doo RXP, the world watches you go by.
- Speedometer (Information Center) - STD
- Tachometer (Information Center) - STD
- Fuel gauge (Information Center) - STD
- VTS™ gauge [215 hp] - STD
- Information Center (19 functions) [215 hp] - STD
- Information Center (18 functions) [155 hp] - STD
- D.E.S.S.™ - STD
- O.P.A.S.™ system - STD
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ (LK1 or LK2) - STD
- Mirrors - STD
- Double density comfort hand grips - STD
- New, wide handlebars - STD
- Reboarding deck pad - STD
- Cut and sew seat - STD
- Removable engine hatch - STD
- Reboarding ladder - OPT
- 1494cc four-stroke,SOHC with four valves per cylinder
- 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine provides reliable ultra-high performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- 155 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ (215 hp engine): LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph. LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 50 mph programmable by dealer.
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ (155 hp engine): LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph. LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 45 mph programmable by dealer.
- Multi-port fuel injection - Better control of exhaust emission and power at all RPM ranges to reduceemissions and reduce fuel consumption.
- Chokeless starting - Simple, user-friendly starting.
- Closed-loop cooling system - Ensures the proper operating temperature at all speeds and improves corrosion durability.
- Water/air separator - Provides maximum airflow to engine and reduces water intrusion.
- Watertight digital ignition - Provides optimal energy for a consistent spark, ensuring maximum performance.
- RPM limiter - Protects engine from over-revving.
- Warning device - Warns operator of engine and exhaust overheating, engine management and system failure.
- Handlebar-mounted start/stop button - Engine starts and stops with single, user-friendly control button.
- Tips Over Protection System (T.O.P.S.™) - Protects engine in case of turn over.
- Sea-Doo Direct Drive propulsion system - Delivers optimum performance with the Rotax engine.
- Forward/neutral /reverse - Improves maneuverability especially around docks and trailer ramps.
- Aluminum stator vanes - Handle the high-performance engine without erosion.
- Replaceable urethane wear ring - Provides long impeller life, less mainwear tenance and maximum thrust.
- Dual automatic vacuum siphon pumps - Continuously remove water entering the engine compartment.
- Large diameter drive shaft with crowned spline design - Maintains engine and pump alignment at all operating speeds.
- Stainless steel impeller - Delivers improved acceleration, higher top speed and less cavitation.
Hull and Components
- Semi-V design - Ensures a smooth and comfortable ride in a variety of water conditions, and greater maneuverability.
- FRP construction - Strong, light and easy to maintain.
- Sponsons - For improved handling.
- D-Sea-BeI™ System - Sound reduction system for a quieter ride.
- Bumpers - Help protect watercraft from damage while tied to a dock or another craft.
- Bow and stern eyes - Designed for towing or securing the craft to a trailer or dock.
- Temporary docking loops - Provide access for quick tie-up.
- Carpeted footwells and deck pads - Offer extra comfort, non-skid surface and great looks.
- Reboarding platform - For easy and comfortable mounting of the craft in deep water.
- New, wide handlebars - Ergonomic design for ease of use and comfort.
- Double density comfort hand grips - Provide extreme hand comfort and great looks.
- Floating safety lanyard - Stops engine in manual and emergency situations.
- Seat strap - Aids in reboarding from water and as a passenger handhold.
- Grab handle - For easy reboarding and as a passenger handhold.
- Extra-large storage compartment - Room for supplies on extended cruises.
- Removable engine hatch - Easily removed to allow expanded access during routine engine maintenance.
- Glove compartment - Great place to store smaller items.
- Extended range fuel tank (15.9 US gal) - Provides maximum cruising and exploring range.
- Elevated fuel filler - Easy access and prevents water intrusion while refueling.
- Multifunction Digital Information Center - Reports 18 key operating functions [19 on 215 hp]: Fuel Level, Low Fuel Level, Low Oil Pressure, Low Voltage, Hi Voltage, Tachometer, Overheat, Hour Meter, Maintenance Info, Speedometer, Compass, Error Codes, Check Engine, Lake Temperature, Sensor Check, Key (battery protection), Key (wrong key), Trim, L-Key.
- Electric Variable Trim (VTS™) system [215 hp only] - Provides boat trim adjustments, maximizes acceleration and high-speed stability.
- Dual drain plugs - Screw type design with built-in retainer for easy removal and installation.
- Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™) - Industry’s first digitally encoded theft-deterrent system.
- External exhaust cooling flush attachment - Easily accessible and fits a common garden hose.
- Adjustable mirrors - Increase field of view.
- Foam flotation - Ride with security and peace of mind. Meets or exceeds USCG standards.
- Operator’s guide, Instructional video and booklet - Informs you of boating regulations, care, maintenance and operating safety features.
- Off-Power Assisted Steering (O.P.A.S.™) - Assists steering during off-power, as well as off-throttle situations.
- BRP limited warranty covers the watercraft for one year.
Length: 120.9 in. (307.0 cm)
Width: 48.0 in. (122.0 cm)
Height: 46.6 in. (118.0 cm)
- 215 hp: 792 lbs. (359 Kg)
- 155 hp: 750 lbs. (340 Kg)
Rider capacity: 1 or 2
Fuel capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Storage capacity: 10.7 gal (40.3 l)
Ignition: Digital inductive
Battery: 12 volt
Type: Semi-V, composite
Colors: Viper Red/White/Black,Metallic Yellow/Black
- 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine
- 155 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine CARB 3 Star
- 215 hp: Supercharged with intercooler, 52mm throttle body
- 155 hp: Naturally aspirated with 52mm throttle body
Bore x stroke: 100mm x 63.4mm
- 215 hp: 8.4:1
- 155 hp: 10.6:1
Cooling: Closed-loop cooling system
- 215 hp: Premium unleaded
- 155 hp: Regular unleaded
- RXP 155 HP engine option: 9,999 USD
- RXP 215 HP engine option: 11,199 USD