And there’s nothing like getting there aboard a PWC where the performance far exceeds the price. With the 2008 Sea-Doo GTI you get all the comfort and convenience you expect from a recreational model, plus all the power, technology, and ergonomic features you expect from models priced much higher.
The 2008 Sea-Doo GTI is powered by a 1494cc, 130 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine that provides reliable performance in fresh or salt water. The engine is protected by a RPM limiter and a warning device warns the operator of engine and exhaust overheating, engine management and system failure.
The new Progressive-V hull of the 2008 GTI is wider, flatter, more stable and provides a drier ride. The sponsons improve the handling while the bumpers protect the ski jet from accidental damage. The seat is comfortable and provides room for three persons. The new GTI has up to 12.4 gallons of storage space including a large glove compartment for smaller items.
The digital information system offers information about 15 key operating functions while the O.P.A.S system assists steering during off-power, as well as off-throttle situations.
The new 2008 Sea-Doo GTI leaves you plenty of extra cash for accessories like tubes, water skis, wakeboards, and anything else that adds to the fun of riding the GTI.
- Information Center (15 functions) - STD
- D.E.S.S.™ - STD
- O.P.A.S.™ system - STD
- Watertight, removable front storage bin - STD
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ (LK1 or LK2) - STD
- Wide handlebars - STD
- Speedometer - OPT
- Mirrors - OPT
- Reboarding ladder - OPT
- Ski eye - OPT
- 1494cc four-stroke, Rotax SOHC with four valves per cylinder - 130 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- Multi-port fuel injection - Better control of exhaust emission and power at all RPM ranges to reduce emissions and reduce fuel consumption.
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ - LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph; LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 45 mph.
- Chokeless starting - Simple, user-friendly starting.
- Closed-loop cooling system - Ensures the proper operating temperature at all speeds and improves corrosion durability.
- Water/air separator - Provides maximum airflow to engine and reduces water intrusion.
- Watertight digital ignition - Provides optimal energy for a consistent spark, ensuring maximum performance.
- RPM limiter - Protects engine from over-revving.
- Warning device - Warns operator of engine and exhaust overheating, engine management and system failure.
- Handlebar-mounted start/stop button - Engine starts and stops with single, user-friendly control button.
- Tips Over Protection System (T.O.P.S.™) - Protects engine in case of turn over.
- Sea-Doo Direct Drive propulsion system - Delivers optimum performance with the Rotax engine.
- Forward/neutral/reverse - Improves maneuverability especially around docks and trailer ramps.
- Composite/aluminum stator vanes - Handle the high-performance engine without erosion.
- Dual automatic vacuum siphon pumps - Continuously remove water entering the engine compartment.
- Large diameter drive shaft with crowned spline design - Maintains engine and pump alignment at all operating speeds.
- Replaceable urethane wear ring - Provides long impeller life, less maintenance and maximum thrust.
- Stainless steel impeller - Delivers improved acceleration, higher top speed, and less cavitation.
Hull and Components
- Progressive-V, composite - Similar to the GTX hull, the new Progressive-V hull is wider, flatter, more stable and provides a drier ride.
- FRP construction - Strong, light and easy to maintain.
- Sponsons - For improved handling.
- D-Sea-BeI™ system - Sound reduction system for a quieter ride.
- Bumpers - Help protect watercraft from damage while tied to a dock or another craft.
- Temporary docking loops - Provide access for quick tie-up.
- Double density comfort hand grips - Provide extreme hand comfort and great looks.
- Reboarding platform - For easy and comfortable mounting of the craft in deep water.
- Non-slip hand grips - For added control and comfort.
- Floating safety lanyard - Stops engine in manual and emergency situations.
- Seat strap - Aids in reboarding from water and as a passenger handhold.
- Grab handle - For easy reboarding and as a passenger handhold.
- 3-up seat - Comfortable room for three – permits spotter for watersports.
- Storage compartment(s) - Room for supplies on extended cruises.
- Large glove compartment - Great place to store smaller items.
- Watertight, removable storage bin - Convenient and portable access to smaller storage front items.
- Elevated fuel filler Easy access and prevents water intrusion while refueling.
- Multifunction Digital Information Center - Reports 15 key operating functions: Fuel Level, Low Fuel Level, Low Oil Pressure, Low Voltage, Hi Voltage, Tachometer, Overheat, Hour Meter, Maintenance Info, Check Engine, Sensor Check, Key (battery protection), Key (wrong key), L-Key, P Codes.
- Dual drain plugs - Screw type design with built-in retainer for easy removal and installation.
- Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™) - Industry’s first digitally encoded theft-deterrent system.
- External exhaust cooling flush attachment - Easily accessible and fits a common garden hose.
- Foam flotation - Ride with security and peace of mind. Meets or exceeds USCG standards.
- Operator’s guide, instructional video and booklet - Informs you of boating regulations, care maintenance and operating safety features.
- Off-Power Assisted Steering (O.P.A.S.™) - Assists steering during off-power, as well as off-throttle situations.
- BRP limited warranty covers the watercraft for one year.
Length: 127.0 in. (322.5 cm)
Width: 49.0 in. (124.5 cm)
Height: 45.9 in. (117.0 cm)
Weight (dry): 732 lbs (332 kg)
Rider capacity: 1, 2 or 3
Fuel capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Storage capacity: 12.4 gal (46.8 l)
Type: 130 hp Rotax® 4-TEC® engine
Intake system: Naturally aspirated with 52mm throttle body
Bore x stroke: 100mm x 63.4mm
Compression ratio: 10.6:1
Cooling: Closed-loop cooling system
Fuel type: Regular unleaded
Propulsion system: Sea-Doo® Direct Drive
Jet pump: Composite/aluminum, axial flow, single stage, large hub with 10-vane stator
Transmission: Direct drive, forward/neutral/reverse
Impeller: Stainless steel
Ignition: Digital inductive
Battery: 12 volt
Hull and Components
Type: Progressive-V, composite
Color: Regal Red
Price: starts at 7,799 USD