Luxury isn’t what it used to be. It’s better with the 2008 Sea-Doo GTX.
The 2008 GTX has two power options. One for the 155 hp version: a 155 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine, and the other one for the 215 hp version: a 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine.
Both engines provides reliable performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
The hull of the GTX offers a comfortable ride and great maneuverability. Luxury can mean different things to different people. For the 2008 GTX it means an incredibly comfortable watercraft that looks stunning from every angle. This ski jet is fully loaded with features that are more than just pretty to look at. The Sea-Doo engineers and designers are obsessed over making every amenity more convenient, intelligent, and elegant than anything else in the industry, and they did it with the GTX.
After experiencing the 2008 Sea-Doo GTX you’ll not going to try anything else.
- Speedometer (Information Center)
- Tachometer (Information Center)
- Fuel gauge (Information Center)
- Information Center (18 functions)
- O.P.A.S.™ system
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ (LK1 or LK2)
- Reboarding ladder
- Double density comfort hand grips
- Wide handlebars
- Reboarding deck pad
- Watertight, removable storage bin
- Front and rear touring seats
- 1494cc four-stroke, SOHC with four valves per cylinder
- 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable ultra-high performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- 155 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™
- LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph. LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 50 mph.
- LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph. LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 45 mph.
- Chokeless starting - Simple, user-friendly starting.
- Closed-loop cooling system - Ensures the proper operating temperature at all speeds and improves corrosion durability.
- Water/air separator - Provides maximum airflow to engine and reduces water intrusion.
- Watertight digital ignition - Provides optimal energy for a consistent spark, ensuring maximum performance.
- RPM limiter - Protects engine from over-revving.
- Warning device - Warns operator of engine and exhaust overheating, engine management and system failure.
- Handlebar-mounted start/stop button - Engine starts and stops with single, user-friendly control button.
- Tips Over Protection System (T.O.P.S.™) - Protects engine in case of turn over.
- Sea-Doo Direct Drive propulsion system - Delivers optimum performance with the Rotax engine.
- Forward/neutral/reverse - Improves maneuverability especially around docks and trailer ramps.
- Composite/aluminum stator vanes - Handle the high-performance engine without erosion.
- Replaceable urethane wear ring - Provides long impeller life, less maintenance and maximum thrust.
- Dual automatic vacuum siphon pumps - Continuously remove water entering the engine compartment.
- Large diameter drive shaft with crowned spline design - Maintains engine and pump alignment at all operating speeds.
- Stainless steel impeller - Delivers improved acceleration, higher top speed and less cavitation.
Hull and Components
- Modified-V design - Ensures a smooth and comfortable ride in a variety of water conditions, and greater maneuverability.
- FRP construction - Strong, light and easy to maintain.
- Sponsons - For improved handling.
- D-Sea-BeI™ system - Sound reduction system for a quieter ride.
- Bumpers - Help protect watercraft from damage while tied to a dock or another craft.
- Bow and stern eyes - Designed for towing or securing the craft to a trailer or dock.
- Temporary docking loops - Provide access for quick tie-up.
- Carpeted footwells and deck pads - Offer extra comfort, non-skid surface and great looks.
- Wide handlebars - More ergonomic for ease of use and comfort.
- Double density comfort hand grips - Provide extreme hand comfort and great looks.
- Reboarding platform - For easy and comfortable mounting of the craft in deep water.
- Floating safety lanyard - Stops engine in manual and emergency situations.
- Seat strap - Aids in reboarding from water and as a passenger handhold.
- Grab handle - For easy reboarding and as a passenger handhold.
- Built-in reboarding step - Grooved fold-down for easy reboarding.
- Front and rear touring seats - Ergonomically designed for comfort and great looks providing seating for three.
- Watertight, removable storage bin - Provides dry storage for luggage and necessities with easy access.
- Extra-large storage compartment(s) - Abundant room for supplies on extended cruises.
- Glove compartment - Great place to store smaller items.
- Ski eye - Improved for easy and secure attachment of ski rope.
- Extended range fuel tank (15.9 gal) - Provides maximum cruising and exploring range.
- Elevated fuel filler - Easy access and prevents water intrusion while refueling.
- Multifunction Digital Information Center - Reports 18 key operating functions: Fuel Level, Low Fuel Level, Low Oil Pressure, Low Voltage, Hi Voltage, Tachometer, Overheat, Hour Meter, Maintenance Info, Speedometer, Compass, P Codes, Check Engine, Lake Temperature, Sensor Check, Key (battery protection), Key (wrong key), L-Key.
- Dual drain plugs - Screw type design with built-in retainer for easy removal and installation.
- Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™) - Industry’s first digitally encoded theft-deterrent system.
- External exhaust cooling flush attachment - Easily accessible and fits a common garden hose.
- Adjustable mirrors - Increase field of view.
- Foam flotation - Ride with security and peace of mind. Meets or exceeds USCG standards.
- Operator’s guide, instructional video and booklet - Informs you of boating regulations, care, maintenance and operating safety features.
- Off-Power Assisted Steering (O.P.A.S.™) - Assists steering during off-power, as well as off-throttle situations.
- BRP limited warranty covers the watercraft for one year.
Length: 130.3 in. (331.0 cm)
Width: 48.0 in. (122.0 cm)
Height: 47.2 in. (120.0 cm)
- GTX 215 HP - 805 lbs (366 kg)
- GTX 155 HP - 795 lbs (361 kg)
Rider capacity: 1, 2 or 3
Fuel capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Storage capacity: 34.3 gal (129.8 l)
- GTX 215 HP - 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine
- GTX 155 HP - 155 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine
- GTX 215 HP - Supercharged with intercooler, 52mm throttle body
- GTX 155 HP - Naturally aspirated with 52mm throttle body
Bore x stroke: 100mm x 63.4mm
- GTX 215 HP - 8.4:1
- GTX 155 HP - 10.6:1
Cooling: Closed-loop cooling system
- GTX 215 HP - Premium unleaded
- GTX 155 HP - Regular unleaded
Propulsion system: Sea-Doo® Direct Drive
- GTX 215 HP - Aluminum, axial flow, single stage, large hub with 10-vane stator
- GTX 155 HP - Composite/aluminum, axial flow, single stage, large hub with 10-vane stator
Transmission: Direct drive, forward/neutral/reverse
Impeller: Stainless steel
Ignition: Digital inductive
Battery: 12 volt
Hull and Components
Type: Modified-V, composite
Color: Cosmos Blue/White
- GTX 155 HP engine option starts at 10,399 USD
- GTX 215 HP engine option starts at 11,799 USD