Race-inspired features with one clear advantage: no finish line. The 2008 Sea-Doo RXT-X deliver the quickest acceleration ever offered on a production personal watercraft, able to travel 200 ft from a standing start in under four seconds, comparable to the most exotic sports cars.
The 2008 RXT-X has a 255 horses Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine, for maximum power. This is the most powerful engine ever in a Sea-Doo watercraft, and it retains Sea-Doo’s title for the industry’s best power-to-weight ratio.
Handling fit for a fighter jet. The RXT-X offers high-performance features that turn a close race into a battle for second, and every inch dripping with jaw-dropping style. From its high-tech Hyper Silver coloration to its distinctive graphics complementing each performance feature the RXT-X attracts attention. However, there is one issue: seating for 3, throttle for 1. So be sure to rotate, because everyone deserves a turn at the helm of the quickest 3-seater on the planet.
BRP flexes its muscle heritage with a new category of racer-inspired models for 2008 RXT-X 255 hp. No other manufacturer offers a production watercraft with a complete high-performance package of this level, which sets a new benchmark in power, acceleration, handling and fun. The high performance X models deliver the industry’s best handling hulls and rider ergonomics, for precise, nimble performance.
The X models feature a race-style handlebar and steering system, and a special, low profile, high-grip seat, that combine to provide riders with maximum leverage for fine-tuning their riding position.
When you’re cruising aboard the most dramatic performance statement of 2008, it’s only fair to enjoy every moment of it.
- Billet finger throttle
- High performance V.T.S.
- X-traction footwell carpet and deck pad
- X-coloration seat
- Speedometer (Information Center)
- Tachometer (Information Center)
- Information Center (20 functions)
- O.P.A.S.™ system
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ (LK1 or LK2)
- Double density comfort hand grips
- Supercharged 1494cc four-stroke, intercooled, Rotax SOHC with four valves per cylinder - 255 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable ultra-high performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- Multi-port fuel injection - Better control of exhaust emission and power at all RPM ranges to reduce emissions and reduce fuel consumption.
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ - LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph; LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 50 mph.
- Chokeless starting - Simple, user-friendly starting.
- Water cooled exhaust pipe - Regulates exhaust temperature.
- Closed-loop cooling system - Ensures the proper operating temperature at all speeds and improves corrosion durability.
- Water/air separator - Provides maximum airflow to engine and reduces water intrusion.
- Watertight digital ignition - Provides optimal energy for a consistent spark, ensuring maximum performance.
- RPM limiter - Protects engine from over-revving.
- Warning device - Warns operator of engine and exhaust overheating, engine management and system failure.
- Handlebar-mounted start/stop button - Engine starts and stops with single, user-friendly control button.
- Tips Over Protection System (T.O.P.S.™) - Protects engine in case of turn over.
- Sea-Doo Direct Drive propulsion system - Delivers optimum performance with the Rotax engine.
- Racing pump with high performance intake grate - Ensures that the inlet stays hooked up and fills the pump for maximum thrust even in the roughest conditions.
- Forward/neutral/reverse - Improves maneuverability especially around docks and trailer ramps.
- Aluminum stator vanes Handle the high-performance engine without erosion.
- Replaceable urethane wear ring - Provides long impeller life, less maintenance and maximum thrust.
- Dual automatic vacuum siphon pumps - Continuously remove water entering the engine compartment.
- Large diameter drive shaft with crowned spline design - Maintains engine and pump alignment at all operating speeds.
- Stainless steel impeller - Delivers improved acceleration, higher top speed and less cavitation.
Hull and Components
- Modified-V design - Ensures a smooth and comfortable ride in a variety of conditions, and greater maneuverability.
- FRP construction - Strong, light and easy to maintain.
- Sponsons - For improved handling.
- D-Sea-BeI™ System - Sound reduction system for a quieter ride.
- Bumpers - Help protect watercraft from damage while tied to a dock or another craft.
- Bow and stern eyes - Designed for towing or securing the craft to a trailer or dock.
- Carpeted footwells and reboarding deck pads - Offer extra comfort, non-skid surface and an aggressive diamond-plate pattern for additional traction.
- Knee pads - For extreme comfort.
- Reboarding platform - For easy and comfortable mounting of the craft in deep water.
- X-handlebars - Allows rider to fine tune positioning when launching off large waves.
- Double density comfort hand grips - Provide extreme hand comfort and great looks.
- Billet finger throttle with braided steel cable - Provides more comfortable throttle operation under demanding conditions.
- Floating safety lanyard - Stops engine in manual and emergency situations.
- X-coloration seat - Ergonomically designed for comfort and great looks providing seating for three and spotter for watersports.
- Seat strap - Aids in reboarding from water and as a passenger handhold.
- Grab handle - For easy reboarding and as a passenger handhold.
- Extra-large storage compartment(s) - Abundant room for supplies on extended cruises.
- Glove compartment - Great place to store smaller items.
- Extended range fuel tank (15.9 gal) - Provides maximum cruising and exploring range.
- Elevated fuel filler - Easy access and prevents water intrusion while refueling.
- Multifunction Digital Information Center - Reports 20 key operating functions: Fuel Level, Low Fuel Level, Low Oil Pressure, Low Voltage, Hi Voltage, Tachometer, Overheat, Hour Meter, Maintenance Info, Speedometer, Compass, Error Codes, Check Engine, Lake Temperature, Sensor Check, Key (battery protection), Key (wrong key), L-Key, V.T.S., V.T.S. Preset.
- High performance electric Variable Trim System (V.T.S.) - Provides pre-set positions for quick settings when adjusting boat trim, maximizes acceleration and high-speed stability.
- Dual drain plugs - Screw type design with built-in retainer for easy removal and installation.
- Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™) - Industry’s first digitally encoded theft-deterrent system.
- External exhaust cooling flush attachment - Easily accessible and fits a common garden hose.
- Adjustable mirrors - Increase field of view.
- Foam flotation - Ride with security and peace of mind. Meets or exceeds USCG standards.
- Operator’s guide, Instructional video and booklet - Informs you of boating regulations, care, maintenance and operating safety features.
- Off-Power Assisted Steering (O.P.A.S.™) - Assists steering during off-power, as well as off-throttle situations.
- BRP limited warranty covers the watercraft for one year.
Length: 130.0 in. (331.0 cm)
Width: 48.0 in. (122.0 cm)
Height: 46.5 in. (118.0 cm)
Weight (dry): 818 lbs (372 kg)
Rider capacity: 1, 2 or 3
Fuel capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Storage capacity: 29.6 gal (112.1 l)
Type: 255 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine
Intake system: Supercharged with external intercooler, 52mm throttle body
Bore x stroke: 100mm x 63.4mm
Compression ratio: 8.4:1
Cooling: Closed-loop cooling system
Fuel type: Premium unleaded
Propulsion system: Sea-Doo® Direct Drive
Racing pump with high: Aluminum, axial flow, performance intake grate single stage, large hub with 10-vane stator
Transmission: Direct drive, forward/neutral/reverse and high performance electric V.T.S.™ (Variable Trim System)
Impeller: Stainless steel
Ignition: Digital inductive
Battery: 12 volt
Hull and Components
Type: Modified-V, composite
Color: Hyper Silver
Price: starts at 13,299 USD