The 2008 Sea-Doo Wake is first and only watercraft designed specifically for watersports.
The Sea-Doo Wake is powered by the 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine while the 155 hp Wake version has a 155 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine.
The V design of the 2008 Wake hull ensures a smooth and comfortable ride, and greater maneuverability.
The 2008 Wake 215 and Wake 155 offer an exclusive new ballast system and electric VTSTM (Variable Trim System), that combine with other exclusive wakeboarding features such as the high rise ski pylon and board rack, to create the ultimate wake experience. An industry first, the quick-connecting system sits securely on the rear platform and uses water pressure from the watercraft’s pump to fill the tanks. It’s innovative and a perfect addition to a Wake-specific watercraft. When full, the system adds 200 pounds to the stern, which creates a much firmer wake for launching. The surface of the system is finished in nonskid and there’s even footrest for the rear-facing spotter.
Another feature well know in the Sea-Doo ski jets is the Sea-Doo Learning key that limits the top speed of the 2008 Wake 215 to 35/50 mph and of the 2008 Wake 155 to 35/45 mph.
The 2008 Sea-Doo Wake 215 and Wake 155 represent the top line of the Sea-Doo ski jet sport class from its first appearance in 2005. Try the 2008 Wake an you won’t regret it.
- Speedometer (Information Center)
- Tachometer (Information Center)
- Fuel gauge (Information Center)
- High performance V.T.S.
- Information Center (20 functions)
- O.P.A.S.™ system
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ (LK1 or LK2)
- Reboarding ladder
- Double density comfort hand grips
- Wide handlebars
- Reboarding deck pad
Wake Package (Std)
- New ballast system
- New high performance electric V.T.S.
- Retractable ski pylon
- Removable wakeboard rack
- Removable front storage tray
- Watertight, removable storage bin
- Convex mirrors
- 1494cc four-stroke, SOHC with four valves per cylinder
- 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable ultra-high performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- 155 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™
- LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph.
- LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 50 mph.
- LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph.
- LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 45 mph.
- Multi-port fuel injection - Better control of exhaust emission and power at all RPM ranges to reduce emissions and reduce fuel consumption.
- Chokeless starting - Simple, user-friendly starting.
- Closed-loop cooling system - Ensures the proper operating temperature at all speeds and improves corrosion durability.
- Water/air separator - Provides maximum airflow to engine and reduces water intrusion.
- Watertight digital ignition - Provides optimal energy for a consistent spark, ensuring maximum performance.
- RPM limiter - Protects engine from over-revving.
- Warning device - Warns operator of engine and exhaust overheating, engine management and system failure.
- Handlebar-mounted start/stop button - Engine starts and stops with single, user-friendly control button.
- Tips Over Protection System (T.O.P.S.™) - Protects engine in case of turn over.
- Sea-Doo Direct Drive propulsion system - Delivers optimum performance with the Rotax engine.
- Forward/neutral/reverse - Improves maneuverability especially around docks and trailer ramps.
- Composite/aluminum stator vanes - Handle the high-performance engine without erosion.
- Dual automatic vacuum siphon pumps - Continuously remove water entering the engine compartment.
- Large diameter drive shaft with crowned spline design - Maintains engine and pump alignment at all operating speeds.
- Replaceable urethane wear ring - Provides long impeller life, less maintenance and maximum thrust.
- Stainless steel impeller - Delivers improved acceleration, higher top speed and less cavitation.
Hull And Components
- Modified-V design - Ensures a smooth and comfortable ride in a variety of water conditions, and greater maneuverability.
- FRP construction - Strong, light and easy to maintain.
- Sponsons - For improved handling.
- D-Sea-BeI™ system - Sound reduction system for a quieter ride.
- Bumpers - Help protect watercraft from damage while tied to a dock or another craft.
- Bow and stern eyes - Designed for towing or securing the craft to a trailer or dock.
- Temporary docking loops - Provide access for quick tie-up.
- Carpeted footwells and deck pads - Offer extra comfort, non-skid surface and great looks.
- Double density comfort hand grips - Provide extreme hand comfort and great looks.
- Wide handlebars - Ergonomic design for ease of use and comfort.
- Reboarding platform - For easy and comfortable mounting of the craft in deep water.
- Floating safety lanyard - Stops engine in manual and emergency situations.
- Seat strap - Aids in reboarding from water and as a passenger handhold.
- Grab handle - For easy reboarding and as a passenger handhold.
- Built-in reboarding step - Grooved fold-down for easy reboarding.
- 3-up seat - Comfortable room for three – permits spotter for watersports.
- Watertight, removable storage bin - Provides dry storage for luggage and necessities with easy access.
- Extra-large storage compartment(s) - Abundant room for supplies on extended cruises.
- Glove compartment - Great place to store smaller items.
- Extended range fuel tank (15.9 gal) - Provides maximum cruising and exploring range.
- Elevated fuel filler - Easy access and prevents water intrusion while refueling.
- Multifunction Digital Information Center - Reports 20 key operating functions: Fuel Level, Low Fuel Level, Low Oil Pressure, Low Voltage, Hi Voltage, Tachometer, Overheat, Hour Meter, Maintenance Info, Speedometer, Compass, Error Codes, Check Engine, Lake Temperature, Sensor Check, Key (battery protection), Key (wrong key), L-Key, V.T.S., V.T.S. Preset.
- Dual drain plugs - Screw type design with built-in retainer for easy removal and installation.
- Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™) - Industry’s first digitally encoded theft-deterrent system.
- External exhaust cooling flush attachment - Easily accessible and fits a common garden hose.
- Foam flotation - Ride with security and peace of mind. Meets or exceeds USCG standards.
- Operator’s guide, instructional video and booklet - Informs you of boating regulations, care, maintenance and operating safety features.
- Off-Power Assisted Steering (O.P.A.S.™) - Assists steering during off-power, as well as off-throttle situations.
- Removable ballast system - Adds weight to reboarding platform to fine-tune wake size and shape (200 lbs/90.7kg).
- High performance Electric Variable Trim System (V.T.S.) - Enables rider to alter the watercraft’s trim to fine-tune wake and improve acceleration.
- Retractable ski pylon - Allows for high, secure attachment of ski rope.
- Removable wakeboard rack - Provides easy transport of wakeboard to ride site.
- Removable storage tray - Provides portable access to front storage items.
- Wide-angle convex mirrors - Increases field of view by 32% over standard mirrors.
- BRP limited warranty covers the watercraft for one year.
Length: 130.0 in. (331.0 cm)
Width: 48.0 in. (122.0 cm)
Height: 47.2 in. (120.0 cm)
- Wake 215 HP - 853 lbs. (388 kg)
- Wake 155 HP - 840 lbs. (382 kg)
Rider capacity: 1, 2 or 3
Fuel capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Storage capacity: 34.3 gal (129.8 l)
- Wake 215 HP - 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine
- Wake 155 HP - 155 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine
- Wake 215 HP - Supercharged with intercooler, 52 mm throttle body
- Wake 155 HP - Naturally aspirated with 52 mm throttle body
Bore x stroke: 100mm x 63.4mm
- Wake 215 HP - 8.4:1
- Wake 155 HP - 10.6:1
Cooling: Closed-loop cooling system
- Wake 215 HP - Premium unleaded
- Wake 155 HP - Regular unleaded
Propulsion system: Sea-Doo® Direct Drive
- Wake 215 HP - Aluminum, axial flow, single stage, large hub with 10-vane stator
- Wake 155 HP -Composite/aluminum, axial flow, single stage, large hub with 10-vane stator
Transmission: Direct drive, forward/neutral/reverse and high performance electric V.T.S.™ (Variable Trim System)
Impeller: Stainless steel
Ignition: Digital inductive
Battery: 12 volt
Hull And Components
Type: Modified-V, composite
Color: Deep Black/Viper Red
- Wake 215 HP engine option starts at: 12,799 USD
- Wake 155 HP engine option starts at: 11,499 USD