The Yamaha VX Deluxe offers an aggressive styling, an exceptional performance combined whit extra luxuries like mirrors, reverse and the Yamaha remote security system.
The VX Deluxe is powered by a 110 hp, 1052cc, 4 stroke Yamaha MR-1 engine designed exclusively for marine use. The Yamaha engineers designed this ski jet to produce the maximum performance whit out risking an engine break down. This engine makes the VX Deluxe to reach a speed of 53 mph at 8,000 rpm, enough to pull a wakeboarder or a skier. The unique reverse feature and design offers superior maneuverability compared to the competition — making it easier to dock or launch the VX Deluxe.
The length of the Yamaha VX Deluxe provides extra comfort for the driver and passenger, an extended rear deck for stability when boarding and 19 gal of storage under the hull. The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck of the VX hull is designed to be light and strong, giving an excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort. The mirrors help the driver to keep an eye on objects behind them, including wakeboarders and skiers.
The Yamaha VX Deluxe has an impeccable handling, the ski jet responds very well to throttle and steering. Under ideal test condition the VX reaches a top speed of 53 mph at 8,000. What else can I say about the VX Deluxe? It’s a pleasure to drive it! It’s a very stable wave runner which responds promptly at all the commands. The Yamaha team took a measure of protecting the owners that are driving for the first time a ski jet, by introducing a Low RPM/Security Mode (a small remote transmitter allows you to reduce top speed and RPMs to optimize fuel efficiency or disable the ignition to prevent an unauthorized startup).
The VX Deluxe is characterized by fun and performance. And when you realized that it’s made by Yamaha you realize that you’re going to find lots of useful features on this model.
- The VX™ Deluxe is powered by a Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, 110 horsepower, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you can not turn around easily.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
- The VX Deluxe hull is designed to be light and strong.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two and three-up riding experience.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- Industry’s First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha’s innovative remote-controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the VX digital security system and Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
- Low RPM Mode™: Also with the touch of a button on the remote transmitter, the top speed of the VX Deluxe is reduced by nearly 30 percent.
- Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the VX Deluxe without your permission.
- Dual Concave Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- 19 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
- Comfortable One-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support. The extra-long seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine compartment.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for re-boarding.
- Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry’s first self-draining insulated beverage holders.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Rated Horsepower: 110 hp
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 76mm x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Ignition: Direct Ignition
Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electric Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 35 degrees BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
Pump: 155mm Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Gear Ratio: 21:31
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 126.8 in. (3.22 m)
Width: 46.1 in. (1.17 m)
Height: 45.3 in. (1.15 m)
Seat Length: 66 in./56 in. (1.67 m/1.43 m)
Dry Weight: 710 lbs (322 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gal (60L)
Vehicle Capacity: 1, 2, or 3 person / 529 lbs (240 kg)
Oil Capacity: 1.14 gal (4.3 l)
Storage Capacity: 18.7 gal (70.8 l)
Hull Material: SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Color: Deep Blue
Price: 7,999 USD