The Yamaha VX Sport is one of the most inexpensive ski jets on the market. Don’t worry about that, the Yamaha didn’t ruin its reputation by making a cheap ski jet without many features. The VX Sport it’s fast, rides incredibly smooth and anyone can afford it.
The VX Sport is powered by a 110 hp, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled Yamaha MR-1 four-stroke engine. Yamaha didn’t forgot to include in the VX Sport the Electronic Fuel Injection system, the Yamaha Engine Management System, the Corrosion Protection System and the Slant Detection Switch – an electronic switch that stops the engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting the motor from water ingestion.
The progressive, V hull of the VX Sport design to be light and strong provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort. You’ll not going to find the mirrors like in the Cruiser or Deluxe models, but you’ll find over 18 gallons of storage space for all the essentials of a day on the water and the Yamaha’s finger throttle lever, ergonomically designed to add to the driver’s comfort by reducing hand fatigue.
The VX Sport engine is very quiet and can reach a top speed of 65 mph. The handling is excellent; the stability is quite comforting and has one of the smoothest rides in choppy water. The VX Sport is so stabile that if you try to dump yourself off the sky jet you’ll find it impossible. Even entering a turn at full throttle, if done correctly, you will not going to get yourself airborne.
The Yamaha VX Sport has reliability, power, comfort and the best price making it the perfect ride for you. You like waterskiing? The VX Sport has enough power to drag you around.
- The VX™ Sport is powered by a Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, 110 horsepower, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configurations ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
- The VX Sport hull is designed to be light and strong.
- Progressive, V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two and three-up riding experience.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- 19 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glovebox.
- Comfortable One-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support. The extra-long seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine compartment.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for re-boarding.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Rated Horsepower: 110 hp
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 76mm x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electric Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 35 degrees BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
Pump: 155mm Axial Flow Single Stage
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Gear Ratio: 21:31
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 126.8 in. (3.22 m)
Width: 46.1 in. (1.17 m)
Height: 45.3 in. (1.15 m)
Seat Length: 66 in./56 in. (1.67 m/1.43 m)
Dry Weight: 703 lbs (319 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Vehicle Capacity: 1, 2, or 3 person/529 lbs (240 kg)
Oil Capacity: 1.14 gal (4.3 l)
Storage Capacity: 18.7 gal (70.8 l)
Hull Material: SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Color: Aqua Blue
Price: starting at 7,599 USD