Full size comfort at a moderate price – this is the best description for the 2008 Yamaha FX.
Powered by a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 998cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled Yamaha Marine engine the 2008 FX offers enough performance to satisfy your every needs.
Equipped with the largest fuel tank in its class for exceptional range, and powerful, fuel efficient four stroke engine to make every day exciting, this full size waverunner is exhilarating, whether you’re in the driver’s seat or wakeboarding behind it. An automotive inspired dash provides you with all the necessary information, and adjustable trim and adjustable steering allow you to truly customize your ride.
The full features instrumentation panel of the FX provides digital and analog readouts on all vital information and also offers space for a beverage and dry storage for items you don’t want to get wet.
The FX is equipped with a convenient tow hook to pull wakeboarders, skiers or tubes.
The dual mirrors, reverse function, watertight storage, beverage holder, adjustable steering, quick shift trim system, the 18.5 gallons of fuel capacity, the 26.4 gallons of storage and seating up to 3 persons make the 2008 Yamaha FX a real full feature waverunner.
For those hose wild side is well balanced by their rational side, the versatile yet affordable 2008 Yamaha FX was made for you.
- The FX® is powered by the Yamaha MR-1™ engine, the first four-stroke motor designed specifically for personal watercraft applications. The MR-1E powerplant is a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 998cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for unequalled performance.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Four individually adjustable throttle bodies, throttle position sensor (TPS) and intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The results are a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- High Volume Intake Box: With water repellent air filter and flame arrestors
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Independent Water-jacketed Exhaust Manifolds with Collector: Achieves high power while keeping noise and exhaust heat under control.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The FX’s 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system with three-blade stainless steel impeller is designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The FX pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you cannot turn around easily.
- Quick Shift Trim System (Q.S.T.S.): Mechanically operated, this system offers instant change in the attitude of the watercraft while underway allowing for tighter turns or quicker acceleration on plane, as the rider prefers. Q.S.T.S. offers 24 degrees of total trim range.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate : The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Thrust Directional Enhancer (T.D.E.): Helps direct water flow at low and high speed operation for exceptional maneuverability as well as assisting the trim system in efficiency.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30 : A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Hull and Deck
- The FX’s Sheet Molded Compound (SMC) hull and deck is designed specifically for unmatched luxury, comfort and performance for up to three people. The FX hull is reinforced with a foam-filled SMC liner, which increases durability and reduces vibration. The FX deck design gives an exciting profile sure to turn heads on and off the water.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- Five-step Adjustable Tilt Steering System: Allows the rider to adjust the steering column angle from 55 degrees to 35 degrees.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, battery voltage, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self-diagnostic function and the industry’s only audible warning system.
- 26 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large 19.8-gallon cooler, rear storage tub and glove box.
- Pneumatically-assisted Storage Compartment: Large 19.8-gallon front compartment, remote release lever and pneumatic lid support.
- Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry’s first self-draining beverage holders.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for reboarding.
- Dual Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the craft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 74mm x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 31° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGK CR9EB
Pump: 155mm Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Gear Ratio: 1.47:1
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel (17 pitch)
Length: 132.7 in. (3.34 m)
Width: 48.4 in. (1.23 m)
Height: 45.7 in. (1.16 m)
Seat Length: 66 in./56 in. (1.67 m/1.43 m)
Dry Weight: 848 lbs (384 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 18.5 gal (70 l)
Vehicle Capacity: 3 person/529 lbs (240 kg)
Oil Capacity: 1.32 gal (5 l)
Storage Capacity: 26.4 gal (100 l)
Hull Material: SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color: Heat Red
Price: starting at 9,799 USD