The best all around stand up in the industry just got better thanks to the partnership with Nicolas Rius, 10-times World Champion and holder of no fewer than 14 European titles.
The 2008 Yamaha SuperJet is powered by a high-performance, two-cylinder, 701cc Yamaha marine engine.
The 2008 SuperJet receives a new re-positioned jet pump and ride plate further aft for greater water intake efficiency and improved pump performance in rough water.
Perfectly balanced for hard cornering and wide-open straight-aways, the newly designed Yamaha SuperJet hull features molded-in sponsons positioned forward on the craft that increase the wetted surface area of the hull. This allows the craft to turn easier while making the SuperJet more stable for novice and intermediate level riders. More pronounced ribs on the hull deliver more bite on the water’s surface and dramatically improved cornering performance. The bottom lines of the hull have also been redesigned to increase the length of the waterline for improved dynamic stability in rough water.
The hull of the 2008 Yamaha SuperJet is a veritable work of art and its performance has set a whole new standard in the stand-up model category. Experience sharper turning than ever before and feel a level of running stability you never would have believed possible from such a compact hull. And, what better colors to rap this sleek body in that the Yamaha Atomic Blue.
The hull on this model has raised performance to a new level. There is just one aim to the new design: giving you the potential to win tough, hard-fought races, without compromising on any of the model’s original compactness and light weight.
The Yamaha 2008 SuperJet is faster, accelerates quicker, turns harder, is better balanced and therefore easier to control – and less tiring to ride.
The key feature of the new SuperJet hull is a tapered profile delivering a broader beam up front for steering stability which narrows down to a slim rear end for enhanced cornering and speed.
With ultra-light construction, catapult-like acceleration, unmatched carving ability and huge reserves of power from its smooth and versatile 2-stroke engine, the Yamaha SuperJet has deservedly won near-legendary status amongst pro racers.
Now you can be the one to taste sweet victory with the 2008 Yamaha SuperJet.
- The SuperJet™ is powered by a high-performance, two-cylinder, 701cc Yamaha marine engine. Two 38mm Mikuni carburetors feed this world-class powerplant, providing excellent throttle response throughout the total RPM range.
- Yamaha Loop-charged Combustion: Fuel mixture actually loops as it enters the combustion chamber, which helps distribute fuel/air mixture evenly for better combustion, performance and fuel economy.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The SuperJet 144mm Hyper-Flow jet pump propulsion system : The new three-blade stainless steel progressive pitch impeller is designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The SuperJet pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook-up.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Hull and Deck
- Perfectly balanced for hard cornering and wide-open straight-aways, the newly designed SuperJet hull features molded-in sponsons positioned forward on the craft that increase the wetted surface area of the hull. This allows the craft to turn easier while making the SuperJet more stable for novice and intermediate level riders.
- High-performance, Concave Hull: The lightweight, concave hull design of the SuperJet provides superior grip and agility on the tight turns and allows a true feeling of adhesion to the water’s surface.
- Environmentally-minded Innovations: By employing proven technologies, Yamaha delivers significant reductions in noise levels without compromising performance and reliability. These technologies include:
- Yamaha Sound Suppression System: This system of integrated noise reduction components targets the three common types of noise: 1.) intake noise, 2.) exhaust noise and 3.) noise from vibration.
- Oval-shaped Handlepole: This handlepole design is 40 percent lighter and 50 percent stronger than conventional handlepoles and its high pivot position gives the rider more leverage for easier transitions and turning.
- Corrosion Resistant Coil Spring: Makes the handlepole feel lighter for optimal control and reduces rider fatigue.
- Thickly Padded Ride Tray: Padding is provided on the deck, gunwales and handlepole for a more comfortable ride.
- Kick Step: Provides riders with a slip resistant surface and added balance.
- Automatic Bilge System: Removes water from the engine compartment.
- Transom Exhaust System: Adds performance while reducing noise levels.
- Adjustable Steering System: Allows the rider to adjust the steering nozzle angle and turning performance.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the craft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 2-Cylinder, 2-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 81mm x 68mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Intake: Reed Valve
Type of Scavenging: Loop-Charged
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Pre-Mixed Oil and Gas
Mixing Ratio: 50:1
Compression Ratio: 7.2:1
Carburetor/Injection: (2) Mikuni Super BN 38
Spark Advance: 6°
Ignition Timing: 15° BTDC - 21° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGK B7HS/BR7HS
Pump: 144mm Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive From Engine
Impeller: 3-Blade, Aluminum (13/16 pitch)
Length: 88.2 in (2.24 m)
Width: 26.8 in. (.68 m)
Height: 26 in. (.66 m)
Dry Weight: 291 lbs (132 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gal (18 l)
Reserve Fuel Capacity: 1.45 gal (5.5 l)
Vehicle Capacity: 1 person
Hull Material: SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
Color: Atomic Blue
Price: starting at 6,699 USD