Yamaha designed this model to fit well into the budgets and garages of its targeted buyers. The advantage of a swing-away tongue trailer and not having an outboard hanging off the stern helps it fit snugly inside.
The SX210 is powered by two high-performance, four-cylinder, 1052cc Yamaha marine engines. Electronic fuel injection feeds each of these powerplants, providing excellent throttle response throughout the total RPM range.
The engine can be accessed by an easy to lift hatch located at the transom. Another hatch in the upper section gives you easy access to the pump clean out in case you ingest something into the system and need to clear it out.
Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) assure a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
The 2008 Yamaha SX210 twin 155 mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion systems with three-blade stainless steel impeller are designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The twin pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
The SX210 utilizes a deep-V, multi-chine hull with 20-degree dead rise. The hull and deck are constructed of multiple layers of fiberglass with sandwich core construction reinforcements. The fiberglass stringer are separately constructed, laminated into the hull and then injected with foam to provide maximum floatation as well as longitudinal and lateral structural rigidity.
The cockpit seating of the Yamaha SX210 is very spacious and arranged in an L-shape. This seating is ergonomic and comfortable to sit in over the course of a long day on the water. The port side locker of the companion pod is big enough to store the carry-on cooler inside as well as more. In the floor are two separate storage compartments large enough to handle boards, fenders, and lines.
The helm has a nice chair with slide and swivel adjustments for comfort, as well as a bolster for added visibility when coming out of the hole. The dash has typical analog gauges arranged for good view underway.
Yamaha has designed the stern of this boat with the idea that people will definitely hang out there. Backrests are built into the sides for added comfort, and there is an upper and lower level position that makes it possible to sit and watch friends at anchor.
The telescoping reboarding ladder makes the access on the 210 Series from the beach easier than ever with the 210’s telescoping reboarding ladder at the bow that tucks away neatly into an integrated compartment that doubles as a convenient anchor locker.
The Bimini top, a standard feature on all Yamaha boats, provides an added touch of luxury and a break from the sun.
On a perfect day the Yamaha SX210 can reach a top speed of 47 mph at 8000 rpm. The best range, approximately 188 miles, can be obtained at the cruising speed of 26 mph.
The top speed is exciting, acceleration blistering and control crisp. The 210 is responsive to the sudden twists and turns. It handles superbly. All the passengers stay dry and comfortable.
Like all jet propelled crafts it takes time to get used to low speed control especially when docking but with a little practice you will get the hang of it. Around the docks, twin engines gave the ability to spin the boat by setting one engine in forward and one in reverse.
If you are looking for a nine passenger boat that will fit in your garage and in your budget, the all-new 2008 Yamaha SX210 certainly needs to fit into you search pattern.
- The SX210 is powered by two high-performance, four-cylinder, 1052cc Yamaha marine engines.
- Yamaha Loop-charged Combustion: Fuel mixture actually loops as it enters the combustion chamber, which helps distribute fuel/air mixture evenly for better combustion, performance and fuel economy.
- Corrosion Protection System
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The SX210 twin 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system with three-blade stainless steel impeller is designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The twin pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liners: For high durability, the liners maintain accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Ducts and Grates: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for optimum thrust, performance and hook-up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filters: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Jet Pump Clean-out Plugs with Push Button: Allows for direct access to the inlet duct cavity to easily clear any debris from the pumps from inside the boat.
The Hull and Deck
- The SX210 utilizes a deep-V, multi-chine hull with 20-degree dead rise. The hull and deck are constructed of multiple layers of fiberglass with sandwich core construction reinforcements.
- The Fiberglass Stringer: Separately constructed, laminated into the hull and then injected with foam to provide maximum floatation as well as longitudinal and lateral structural rigidity.
- The Engine Bed: A revolution in boat design and is a separate fiberglass part bonded into the hull with polyurethane adhesive then laminated to the hull and stringer system. This separate engine bed also isolates and protects the engines from any water in the bilge area of the boat as well as providing isolation from engine vibration and noise.
- The Deck Fastened to the hull with both mechanical fasteners and polyurethane adhesive giving this revolutionary semi-monocoque fiberglass structure unsurpassed strength and rigidity.
- Cockpit Table: A convenient table mount in the cockpit quickly transforms the roomy interior into the perfect place to serve snacks or refreshments.
- Multiple Storage Compartments: In the cockpit area is a huge port side storage locker. This high capacity compartment is large enough to store a full-size cooler, several PFDs and much more. The door of this locker doubles as a wind reflector when opened and secured to the adjacent starboard helm console. There are also two large floor storage compartments perfect for storing ropes, PFDs and dock bumpers.
- Independent, Dual Engine Controls: Independently adjusts each throttle position. An independent shifter controls forward, neutral and reverse.
- Ample Seating for Nine: Richly upholstered wrap around seating in the cockpit and two forward facing seats in the bow provide nine people with one of the most comfortable runabouts on the market today.
- Carpet: Removable, High-quality Marine-grade carpet.
- Integrated Drink Holders: Located at seat locations for easy access for everyone on board.
- Sound System: Top-of-the-line, all-new JBL satellite-ready sound system with a remote at the stern, and the capability to plug in a MP3 player.
- No-Wake Mode: The Yamaha 210 Series comes with Yamaha’s No Wake Mode that reduces and sets RPM levels for optimum no wake speeds.
- Walk-over Transom : A walk-over transom opens to a cushioned lounge area and reboarding platform. The cushioned backrests make this award-winning design, first introduced with the 230 Series, ideal for lounging in the sun, swimming in a cove, or enjoying a snack with the stern-mount table.
- Telescoping Reboarding Ladder: Getting on the 210 Series from the beach is now easier than ever with the 210’s telescoping reboarding ladder at the bow that tucks away neatly into an integrated compartment that doubles as a convenient anchor locker.
- Extended Swim Platform with Telescoping Reboarding Ladder: For easy boarding and reboarding.
- Bimini Top: Premium stainless steel construction with Sunbrella® material for better durability.
- Swing-away Tongue Trailer: Every 210 comes complete with a painted swing-away tongue trailer.
- In-floor Self-draining Cooler.
Engine Type: 4-cylinder, 4-stroke Twin Yamaha Marine Engines
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Intake: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
Pumps: 155mm Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive From Engines
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Overall Length: 21 ft. (6.4 m)
Beam: 8 ft. & 6 in. (2.6 m)
Draft: 16 in. (.4 m)
Dead Rise: 20 degrees
Dry Weight: 2,802 lbs (1,270 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 50.2 gal (190 l)
Oil Capacity: 1.1 gal (4.3L) per engine
Vehicle Capacity: 9 person/1,675 lbs (760kg)
Storage Capacity: 528 gal (1999 l)
Warranty: 1 year limited, 5 year hull
Color: Eclipse Black; Neptune Blue
Price: starting at 30,299 USD