The ultimate fusion of the legendary and the latest, the all-new Yamaha FX Cruiser HO joins celebrated Yamaha craftsmanship and revolutionary watercraft design. Pairing the renowned comfort of Yamaha’s cruiser seat and raised handlebars with a pristine new NanoXcel hull and deck, the FX Cruiser HO is a watercraft that is as forward thinking as it is laid-back.
The new FX Cruiser HO may be the model that enjoys most of the advantages of the Cruiser Concept, the most treasured type of WaveRunner. There are times that riders who have cruised a long distance want to cruise a little bit further. Yamaha has thought of that ant the FX Cruiser HO features the Hip Support Seat and Raised Handle Bar which are the result of ergonomic design give the rider the edge to go a little further even when he or she is tired, and enhance the ease of cruising on the water.
The balance of a margin of power and economy with the large displacement 1812cc, 1.8L high output engine makes itself more apparent the longer you ride. In addition, the Cruise Assist and other electronic control functions further refine the quality of this model that has come into being as a true cruiser.
The NanoXcel material used for the hull of the 2009 FX Cruiser HO offers a shinier, gem-like finish which reduces surface tension on the water, providing a more nimble, responsive ride. The steering is adjustable to best accommodate the driver offering greater comfort. A reboarding step makes it easy to climb back on board after a swim – then conveniently tucks away when not in use. A remote transmitter offers, with the push of a button, a simple way to safeguard the WaveRunner against unauthorized startups or to regulate top speed for increased fuel efficiency.
Yamaha combined a bit of the best from each model to create the 2009 FX Cruiser HO. High Output engines, Cruiser comfort, innovative touring features, class leading fuel efficiency, and affordability come together seamlessly for a luxurious and exhilarating ride.
- The FX Cruiser HO is powered by a new 1.8 liter, high output Yamaha Marine Engine. This 1812cc engine, which is purpose-built for the marine environment, is the largest displacement engine ever installed in a personal watercraft. It is also the only engine in the high-performance, four-stroke category optimized to run on the least expensive Regular Unleaded fuel.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Four electronically controlled fuel injectors, throttle position sensor (TPS) and intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The results are a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- High Volume Intake Box: With water repellent air filter and flame arrestors.
- Wet Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Independent Water-jacketed Exhaust Manifolds with Collector: Achieves high power while keeping noise and exhaust heat under control.
- Thermostatic Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is automatically controlled through a thermostat sensor.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
- Direct Ignition: For more efficient combustion.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The FX Cruiser HO’s 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system: The three-blade stainless steel impeller is designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The FX Cruiser HO pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- The industry’s only Reverse with Traction Control technology: Maintains the perfect RPM to provide the optimal speed for effectively maneuvering when the watercraft is in reverse.
- Quick Shift Trim System (Q.S.T.S.): Mechanically operated, this system offers instant change in the attitude of the watercraft while underway allowing for tighter turns or quicker acceleration on plane, as the rider prefers. Q.S.T.S. offers 24 degrees of total trim range.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The NanoXcel Hull and Deck
- The FX Cruiser HO features the world’s first hulls and decks manufactured through the use of cutting edge nanotechnology. Yamaha’s NanoXcel ultra-lightweight, high strength material reduces the weight of the hull, deck and liner by 25% and provides performance gains in acceleration, fuel savings, top speed and handling. Additionally, the NanoXcel material offers a shinier, gem-like finish which reduces surface tension on the water, providing a more nimble, responsive ride.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- Yamaha’s exclusive Cruise Assist: The industry’s first system that allows the driver to set and hold a particular speed while maintaining a comfortable riding position with the throttle. Once the speed is set, the driver can increase or decrease the speed through the simple push of a button. When the throttle is disengaged the system shuts off.
- Yamaha’s exclusive No Wake Mode: makes cruising through no-wake zones a breeze. Once engaged, the no-wake mode moves the engine’s RPMs to an optimal speed, approximately 5 mph, for efficiently navigating through a no-wake zone. Once through, the driver simply applies throttle and the no-wake mode is released.
- Yamaha Cruiser Seat: Yamaha’s innovative Cruiser seat provides excellent comfort for the passenger and driver.
- Four-step Adjustable Tilt Steering System: Allows the rider to adjust the steering column angle from 55 degrees to 35 degrees.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, battery voltage, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self-diagnostic function and the industry’s only audible warning system.
- Industry’s First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha’s innovative remote controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the FX Cruiser digital security system and all-new Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
- Low RPM Mode™: The personal watercraft industry’s first fuel saving feature, Low RPM can reduce fuel consumption by up to 26% based on average annual use.
- Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the FX Cruiser HO without your permission.
- 23 Gallons of Total Storage.
- Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry’s first self-draining beverage holders.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform with Retractable Reboarding Step: Provides a stable area for reboarding.
- Dual Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 86 x 78mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Wet Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 20° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKLFR6A
Pump: 155mm, High-Pressure Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 132.7” (3.34m)
Width: 48.4” (1.23m)
Height: 48.8” (1.24m)
Seat Length: 66”/56” (1.67m/1.43m)
Dry Weight: 805 lb (365 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 18.5 gal (70 L)
Oil Capacity: 1.1 gal (4.2 L)
Vehicle Capacity: 3 person/529 lbs (240 kg)
Storage Capacity: 26.4 gal (100 L)
Hull Material: NanoXcel
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
Color: Platinum Metallic