Forever altering the landscape of watercraft design, the Yamaha VX Cruiser breaks down barriers between comfort, luxury and affordability, creating a class of watercraft that embraces all three. With sculpted lines and a generous cruiser seat, the best-selling VX Cruiser transcends all preconceptions of affordable watercraft—offering a uniquely gratifying experience at a price that is equally satisfying.
Since its release in 2005, the VX has become a best-selling model in markets around the world. Now, Yamaha ’s unique Cruiser Concept puts some fine finishing touches on this popular model to widen its appeal even more. Take it out on the water and you will experience how the Cruiser Seat provides a perfect fit, when maneuvering through the water and when accelerating. You will also experience the sharp handling and excellence balance that the VX hull design provides.
The heart of the VX is the VX 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke 4-cylinder engine with its smooth, unstressed power development and broad power band that provides plenty of usable power at every rpm level. At the same time, this engine’s excellent fuel economy has been proven in comparison tests time and again. The added cruising range this economic engine provides is a major plus for a cruiser model.
Yamaha’s exclusive VX Cruiser has an innovative design that creates space between driver and passenger, providing remarkable comfort and support for everyone onboard. The extended rear platform provides additional space to sit back and enjoy the surroundings. And with the addition of a new reboarding step, it’s even easier to get in and out of the water. On the VX Cruiser offers more than 18 gallons of storage provide space for the daily necessities. The remote transmitter can be used to engage Low RPM Mode for increased fuel efficiency, or to set Security Mode to prevent unauthorized startups when the WaveRunner is docked.
Yamaha’s ability to offer high-end, quality watercraft at an accessible price is summed up perfectly in the VX Cruiser. The best-selling personal watercraft in the PWC industry, offers the Yamaha “Cruiser” experience and comfort at the most affordable price.
- The VX™ Cruiser is powered by a Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configurations ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you cannot turn around easily.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
- The VX Cruiser hull is designed to be light and strong.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- Cruiser Seat: Adds comfort and support for both passenger and driver.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform with Reboarding Step: Provides a stable platform for reboarding.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- Industry’s First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha’s innovative remote-controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the VX digital security system and Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
- Low RPM Mode™: The personal watercraft industry’s first fuel saving feature, Low RPM can reduce fuel consumption by up to 26% based on average annual use.
- Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the VX Cruiser without your permission.
- Dual Concave Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- 19 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
- Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry’s first self-draining insulated beverage holders.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 76mm x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Ignition: Direct Ignition
Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 30° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
Pump: 155mm Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Gear Ratio: 21:31
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 126.8” (3.22m)
Width: 46.1” (1.17m)
Height: 45.3” (1.15m)
Seat Length: 66”/56” (1.67m/1.43m)
Dry Weight: 712 lbs (323 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gal (60 L)
Vehicle Capacity: 3 person/529 lbs (240 kg)
Oil Capacity: 1.1 gal (4.3 L)
Storage Capacity: 18.7 gal (70.8 L)
Hull Material: SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color: Eclipse Black; Platinum Metallic