With the capacity to tow and ability to go longer between fill-ups, the 2009 Yamaha VX Deluxe keeps going long after so-called competitors have opted to call it a day. Offering a selection of amenities that make this affordable three-seater feel more like a high-end watercraft, the VX Deluxe is virtually unbeatable as one of the industry’s best-selling watercraft.
The VX Deluxe is a model that is capable of responding to a wide range of demands, ranging from energetic activities to relaxation. The Sport Seat can be used for a variety of marine sports activities in addition to simply riding on the PWC. For example, when towing a wakeboard, the passenger can sit facing backwards in order to watch the action. The wide rear platform makes it convenient to get on and off, and is especially convenient for snorkeling and other such activities. In addition to a wide range of marine sports, the VX Deluxe is also perfect for relaxation on the water. VX Deluxe has a host of features from which its high degree of cost performance is apparent, including a security system allowing starting of the engine to be locked or released, a low rpm mode that limits engine speed, reverse, dual mirrors and highly visible multifunction instruments.
The Yamaha VX Deluxe is powered by compact, ultra-lightweight, four-stroke, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled Yamaha MR-1 engine that offers class-leading performance. The electronic fuel injection delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions while the specially designed, one-piece cylinder and crankcase assembly offers rigidity to the engine.
Yamaha VX Deluxe comes with lots of interesting features that make your ride better than ever. The exclusive remote transmitter security system and Low RPM Mode can reduce fuel consumption by up to 26%. The tow hook opens up even more opportunities for adventure on the water. The extended rear platform offers room to relax or gear up for water sports and enhances the versatility of the VX Deluxe. A glove box with built-in cupholders provides a place to store items, keeping them secure.
The VX Deluxe is value without sacrifice. An award-wining, fun and competitive personal watercraft that brings a wide range of people to the water, the VX Deluxe is the most affordable full-featured watercraft in the WaveRunner line.
- The VX™ Deluxe is powered by a Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you cannot turn around easily.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
- The VX Deluxe hull is designed to be light and strong.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- Industry’s First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha’s innovative remote-controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the VX digital security system and Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
- Low RPM Mode™: The personal watercraft industry’s first fuel saving feature, Low RPM can reduce fuel consumption by up to 26% based on average annual use.
- Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the VX Deluxe without your permission.
- Dual Concave Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- 19 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
- Comfortable One-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support. The extra-long seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine compartment.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for reboarding.
- Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry’s first self-draining insulated beverage holders.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 76mm x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 30° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
Pump: 155mm Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Gear Ratio: 21:31
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 126.8” (3.22m)
Width: 46.1” (1.17m)
Height: 45.3” (1.15m)
Seat Length: 66”/56” (1.67m/1.43m)
Dry Weight: 710 lb (322 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gal (60L)
Vehicle Capacity: 3 person/529 lb (240 kg)
Oil Capacity: 1.1 gal (4.3 L)
Storage Capacity: 18.7 gal (70.8 L)
Hull Material: SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color: Neptune Blue; Eclipse Black