The year 2011 marks an important improvement for the Yamaha FX Ho WaveRunner because the jet ski received a new NanoXcel hull that features a full keel for improved straightline tracking.
In terms of power the 2011 Yamaha FX Ho WaveRunner is equipped with a strong 1812cc, four-stroke, four-cylinder Yamaha marine engine fed by an 18.5 gallons fuel tank. It is also worthy of being mentioned that the 1812cc unit, is the largest displacement engine ever installed in a personal watercraft. Yamaha says that is also the only engine in the high-performance, four-stroke category especially tweaked to run on the least expensive Regular Unleaded fuel.
Apart from the strong engine the jet ski also offers first class ergonomics. Therefore, once on board, you’ll be greeted by a large three person seat, multifunction instrumentation and a retractable reboarding ladder.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2011 Yamaha FX HO WaveRunner.
New VXR WaveRunner is the most affordable, high performance watercraft ever created
Yamaha WaterCraft Group, a division of Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., today introduced its 2011 line of WaveRunner® personal watercraft that includes the Yamaha VXR™ and VXS™, the industry’s first low priced, ultra high performance personal watercraft.
The all new Yamaha VXR and VXS WaveRunners feature Yamaha’s 1812cc 4 cylinder, 4 stroke marine engine, combined with an ultra lightweight hull and deck made from NanoXcel®, Yamaha’s exclusive material that is engineered using nanotechnology to be stronger and lighter than anything else in the industry.
These WaveRunners set a new benchmark for performance, agility and fun on the water and they are the only high performance watercraft starting under $11,000 MSRP.
“We challenged ourselves to create a WaveRunner that could run out in front of the most high performance watercraft on the market, and to do it at a price thousands less than anything else,” said Scott Watkins, Yamaha’s product development manager. “We achieved it by matching our 1812cc engine, the largest displacement in the industry, with a lightweight compact platform. By doing this, we didn’t need to rely on a supercharger or intercooler to meet the top end of our performance benchmarks, which helped keep the price low. And the performance continues to run laps around the competition.”
Joining the VXR and VXS in Yamaha’s lineup for 2011 are Yamaha’s signature VX® Series WaveRunners, which are the most affordable, reliable and fuel efficient watercraft on the market today. The VX Series topped the sales chart in 2010 for the sixth consecutive year in a row, and remains the watercraft of choice for value minded buyers and rental operators alike.
Yamaha’s FX Series, including the FX® HO, FX Cruiser® HO, FX SHO® and FX Cruiser SHO®, return to deliver the most innovative features along with high performance and fuel efficiency. These models again topped the sales charts and have redefined what customers expect in the sport performance and luxury performance segments.
And Yamaha’s race inspired FZ Series, including the FZR® and FZS®, returns with all new colors and graphics. The FZR continues to dominate the APBA® National Racing circuit, currently leading both the stock and open runabout classes, and is the watercraft more racers are gravitating to than anything else on the race scene today.
- Best-selling luxury performance model in the industry (FX Cruiser SHO®).
- The SHO® Series features a 1.8L supercharged, Super High Output Yamaha marine engine, the largest displacement engine in the industry.
- The HO Series features a normally aspirated 1.8L High Output Yamaha marine engine.
- The industry’s only hulls, decks and liners engineered using nanotechnology for strength and lightweight.
- Cruiser® seat for maximum comfort on the FX Cruiser® HO and FX Cruiser SHO®.
- The first models in the industry to feature No Wake Mode™ and Cruise Assist™.
- The SHO Series is the most award winning personal watercraft in history.
The Yamaha FX® Series is the most technologically advanced personal watercraft in the world, loaded with more “industry-first” innovations and exclusive features than any other watercraft in PWC history. Designed for watercraft enthusiasts that demand classleading
performance and industry-best comfort features, the Yamaha FX Series has no equal.
The heart of the Yamaha FX Series is the industry’s first and only 1.8L engine that is the largest displacement motor ever designed for a PWC. The Yamaha SHO models feature the 1.8-liter Yamaha Super High Output marine engine with a supercharger for increased performance. The Yamaha HO models feature the Yamaha High Output version that is non-aspirated for remarkable power and fuel economy.
Engine features include:
- Cruise Assist™, Yamaha’s exclusive feature that reduces throttle fatigue, improves towing capability, and can extend the range of touring.
- Yamaha’s No Wake Mode™, which sets the engine to optimum no wake speed, is especially convenient for marinas and long no wake zones.
- Yamaha’s exclusive remote transmitter security system and Low RPM Mode™, which can reduce fuel consumption by up to 26%.
- Throttle by wire reverse system controls RPM in reverse gear for maximum thrust efficiency.
- All of the FX Series models are optimized to operate using Regular Unleaded Fuel.
Yamaha NanoXcel Hull and Deck
The FX Series features the industry’s first and only nanotechnology-engineered hulls, decks, and liners that are the lightest and strongest in the market today.
Hull and deck features include:
- Multifunction instrumentation featuring the industry’s only fuel flow meter.
- Large comfortable three-person seat (Cruiser models feature Yamaha’s exclusive Cruiser® seat).
- Adjustable steering and adjustable trim control allow the rider to dial in the ride of the craft just the way they want it.
- Integrated beverage holder and glovebox.
- Convenient retractable reboarding ladder makes it easy to climb back on the WaveRunner® after a quick swim.
The Yamaha reputation continues to grow in the sport edition of the HO models. Innovative and progressive, but with the reliability and value that only comes from Yamaha. The FX HO features a more aggressive body style and graphics that exude performance on and off the water.
Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Throttle position sensor (TPS) and intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The results are a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
High Volume Intake Box: With water repellent air filter and flame arrestors.
SAWS (Scavenger Assist Wet Sump): Equipped with a high-performance, compact gas-liquid separator, this engine uses Yamaha’s unique ultra compact lubrication system and the oil pan structure.
Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
|Engine Type||1812cc, four-stroke, four-cylinder Yamaha marine engine (SHO models include supercharger)|
|Impeller||3 blade, stainless steel (17° pitch)|
|Fuel||18.5 gallons, regular unleaded|
|Passenger Capacity||1-3 (529 lbs.)|
|Storage Capacity||23.7 gallons|
|Hull Material||NanoXcel High-Compression Molded Compound|
|Warranty||1 year limited|