- 6-speed automatic transmission
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 273 @ 6200
- Torque @ RPM:
- 251 @ 5000
- 3500 L
- 0-60 time:
- 6.5 sec.
- Top Speed:
- 135 mph
After being previewed as a prototype at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, the 2013 Acura RDX has finally been dropped into the market. For 2013 model year the RDX is offered in both FWD and AWD versions and prices will range from 34,320 to 39,420 for the model equipped with AWD system and Technology Package.
The 2013 Acura RDX is powered by a new 3.5-liter V-6 engine that now delivers a total of 273 HP - an increase of 33 HP over the current model. This engine will be combined with a 6-speed automatic transmission with a new lock-up torque converter that will ensure a fuel economy of 20 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.
Exterior changes include a longer, sculpted hood, a longer wheelbase and wider track, all-new Amplitude Reactive Dampers, and a new motion adaptive electronic power steering system. For the interior, the company will be offering new sweeping shapes, a matte surface trim, and generous use of leather. The 2013 RDX will also offer larger door openings, more passenger room, increased cargo volume, and a power rear tailgate.
The list of standard equipment includes Pandora internet radio interface, SMS text message feature, a smart entry keyless access system, push-button start, and a three view rear camera.
Updated 04/03/2014: Acura announced today that the RDX will continue unchanged for the 2014 model year, with the only update being a new Kona Coffee exterior paint replacing the previous Amber Brownstone. Hit the jump to learn prices for the 2014 model year.
For the 2013 model year the RDX was completely redesigned so that the SUV now features a sleek, more aerodynamically efficient body. The most significant changes include a smoother front fascia and flatter side panels that improve the coefficient of drag (Cd) by 5.8%.
The RDX also received a low hood line that improves forward visibility, a new grill with much longer, more graceful headlights and new lower grill openings.
Going on the side you will notice new smoother design doors that incorporate a crisp body line and sleek exterior mirror design that maximizes the viewing area. The SUV now comes with new 18x8-inch split 5-spoke aluminum wheels with all-season tires.
At the rear Aucra is offering a power actuated rear tailgate as part of the Technology Package, a new roofline which is more tapered than before and a rear fascia which has a much smoother look than the 2012 model.
The redesigned RDX was initially offered in a choice of seven exterior colors, but an eighth (Kona Coffee) was added for 2014. Other exterior accessories include:
- Front foglights
- Rear bumper appliqué
- Splash guards
- Door edge protection film
- Body side molding
- Side running boards
- Roof rails
- Roof rail crossbars
- Roof rack with attachment for: short roof box, bicycle, kayak, skis, snowboards, surfboard
- Trailer hitch (Class I) with receiver
- Trailer hitch ball (1 7/8-inch)
- Trailer hitch ball (2-inch)
- 18-inch diameter aluminum wheel (Diamond Cut exterior finish)
- Wheel locks
- Engine block heater
Just like with the exterior, the RDX’s interior has also been significantly improved. The 2013 RDX is offering more legroom and shoulder room for both front and rear occupants, but also more cargo room. New changes for the 2013 model year also include a new Active Noise Control system which help generate a quieter cabin, an available hard disk drive (HDD) based navigation system paired with a new W-VGA monitor, dual-zone automatic climate control and a new 360-watt audio system with seven speakers, a CD player, AM/FM radio, XM Radio with Note function, Bluetooth® Audio, USB port and AUX jack connectivity, and Speed Volume Control (SVC).
- Luxuriously appointed cockpit designed for comfortable driving
- Power-adjustable perforated leather-trimmed seats with heaters
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with fingertip controls
- and racing-inspired paddle shifters
- Tilt and telescoping steering column
- Keyless Access System with pushbutton start
- LED backlit gauges with progressive illumination
- Multi-Information Display (MID)
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Rear view camera with three viewing modes
- Active Sound Control
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system with air filtration
- Power moonroof with tilt, auto-open/close, auto-reverse and key-off operation
- One-touch 60/40 split-folding rear seatbacks
- Acura Premium Sound System with multi-format CD player, AM/FM tuner, and XM® Radio, and seven speakers
- USB port and AUX input jack connectivity
- Pandora® internet radio interface
- SMS text messaging functionality
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® connectivity
Technology Package Features
- AcuraLink® Satellite Communication System
- Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™ (with new 8-inch W-VGA color display screen)
- Hard Disk Drive (HDD) system with 60 gigabytes of storage capacity
- AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic with Traffic Rerouting™
- AcuraLink Real-Time Weather™
- GPS-linked solar-sensing, dual-zone automatic climate control system
- Acura/ELS Surround® Premium Sound System with DVD-Audio, multi-format CD player, AM/FM tuner, and XM® Radio with Note function, and 10 speakers
- Power actuated rear tailgate
Big changes have also been made under the hood: the previous turbocharged 2.3L inline four cylinder engine has been replaced by a new 3.5-liter SOHC V-6 engine. This new V6 is both more powerful, but also more fuel efficient when compared to the four-cylinder version.
This new V6 engine delivers a total of 273 hp at 6,200 rpm and 251 lbs-ft of torque at 5,000 rpm and delivers a fuel economy of 23 mpg (combined). This new engine has also been mated to a new Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission along with a special multi-clutch lock-up torque converter.
2013 model year:
|RDX (FWD) w/ Technology Package||5AT||20/28/23||$38,020|
|RDX (AWD) w/ Technology Package||5AT||19/27/22||$39,420|
2014 model year:
|RDX with Technology Package||$38,220||20/28/23|
|RDX with AWD||$35,920||19/27/22|
|RDX with AWD and Technology Package||$39,620||19/27/22|
The fact that the Acura MDX has been redesigned for the 2013 model year shouldn’t be such a big surprise, after all both of its competitors, the Mercedes GLK and the Audi Q5 , received the same treatment for 2013.
The GLK350 is powered by a fuel-efficient 3.5- liter direct-injection V6 gasoline engine generating 302 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque, while the Q5 comes with five engine options: three TDI and two TFSI engines with power ranging from 143 HP to 272 HP.
Better equipped interior
Just one engine