The ILX is a recent addition to the Acura lineup, and the automaker wants to show off exactly what its resident entry-level sedan is capable of to help draw in the younger crowd. With this desire for youthful buyers, Acura took to task developing the Street Performance ILX for the 2013 SEMA Show .
Acura teamed up with MAD Industries to build this performance sedan, and it’s described as "a fun car that feels at home on city streets or a curvy mountain pass." Just like with all the other models Acura hauled to Las Vegas, the most important work on this concept ILX took place under its hood.
The 2.4-liter model was treated to a healthy dose of forced air by way of a supercharger kit and intake from CT Engineering. Acura and MAD then tossed in a Greddy SP Elite prototype exhaust system to allow the engine to exhale after that huge helping of extra air. These changes gave the ILX a modest bump of 49 horsepower to a total of 250 ponies — the stock ILX puts down 201 horses.
Click past the jump to read more about the Acura Street Performance ILX.
Gallery Acura ILX
Acura Street Performance ILX
Profile - In Detail
The ILX’s exterior also received plenty of updates, including a front spoiler for some extra downforce on the front wheels, a side under-body spoiler, a deck-lid spoiler and body-side moldings from Acura Genuine Accessories. There is also a cooper metallic wrap draped over the body and new high beams with "Extreme White" headlight bulbs.
Suspension and Brake Details}
With the extra power in tow, the ILX needed a little help in the handling and braking departments, and the Acura/MAD team was happy to oblige. They fitted the new Street Performance ILX with 19-inch Max matte-black wheels wrapped in Nitto NT05 Max tires, sized 245/35R19; installed a set of Tein Super Street coilovers; and added in a Stoptech Big Brake kit with MPG custom satin-black caliper covers.
Gallery Acura Street Performance ILX
The Acura Street Performance ILX, by MAD Industries, is designed to appeal to the enthusiast looking for a fun car that feels at home on city streets or a curvy mountain pass. Wrapped in matte copper metallic and accented by matte charcoal metallic 3M Scotchprint 1080 film, the ILX stands out from the crowd. Acura Genuine Accessories aero kit is tastefully matched to a set of 19-inch TSW Max wheels wrapped in Nitto NT05 Max high performance tires. Tein Super Street coilovers give the ILX an aggressive stance while improving dampening during spirited driving. Under the hood, a supercharger kit from CT Engineering and an ECU tune with Hondata’s FlashPro helps the ILX’s 2.4-liter Inline-4 pump out 250 wheel horsepower. The prototype SP Elite exhaust from Greddy adds a throaty exhaust note.
- CT Engineering supercharger kit
- CT Engineering intake
- Hondata FlashPro
- Greddy SP Elite prototype exhaust
- K&N high performance air filter
- AMSOIL Dominator motor oil
- 19 x 8.5 TSW Max matte black wheels
- 245/35R-19 Nitto NT05 Max tires
- Tein Super Street coilovers
- Stoptech Big Brake kit
- MPG custom satin black caliper covers
- 3M 1080 Scotchprint wrap film: copper metallic 1080-M229 and charcoal metallic 1080-M211 installed by Paradise Moterwerks
- PIAA 9006 low beam and 9005 high beam Extreme White headlight bulbs. H11 fog lamps and Terra LED dome light bulbs.
- Acura Genuine Accessories front underbody spoiler
- Acura Genuine Accessories side underbody spoiler
- Acura Genuine Accessories rear underbody spoiler
- Acura Genuine Accessories deck lid spoiler
- Acura Genuine Accessories body side molding
- CT Engineering short-shift kit
- Acura Genuine Accessories illuminated door sill
- Acura Genuine Accessories trunk tray