- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 220 @ 4300
- Torque @ RPM:
- 258 @ 1500
- 2.0 L
- 0-60 time:
- 6.2 sec.
- Top Speed:
- 130 mph
Launched on the market in 2008, the A5 Coupe received its first facelift for the 2012 model year. For 2014, Audi decided to improve the A5 even further by boosting the engine’s output level by 9 horsepower.
Additional updates for the 2014 model year will include the availability of the Premium Plus packages as a standalone option, while the S-Line exterior package will be offered for all the A5 Prestige models. The S line competition package will continue to be offered on Premium Plus and Prestige A5 coupe, while a Black Optic package and new 19-inch Titanium Rotor wheels will be offered as an option.
Everything else will remain unchanged on the model, including the new front fascia, bumper and headlamp design revealed on the 2013 model year.
The 2014 Audi A5 will be offered in three trim levels: Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige, with prices ranging from $39,000 to $49,400.
Click past the jump to read more about the Audi A5 Coupe.
On the exterior, the 2014 A5 continues to offer the same updates announced when the revised model arrived on the market. These changes include a revised single-frame grille with angled upper corners and a new front bumper with more pronounced air inlets.
There is also a new set of redesigned headlights, featuring new LED lighting design with xenon-plus lamps. On the rear, there is the same redesigned bumper and the redesigned taillights with the available LED technology.
|Wheelbase (in)||108.3 (2751 mm)|
|Length (in)||182.1 (4626 mm)|
|Height (in)||54.0 (1372 mm)|
|Width (in)||73.0 (1854 mm); w/ mirrors 79.5 (2020 mm)|
|Track (in) front / rear||62.6 / 62.1 (1590/1577 mm)|
|Curb weight (lb)||3,681 (1670 kg)|
Standard Exterior Features:
- Audi Singleframe grille in Stone Gray with/without license plate holder
- Halogen headlights with halogen daytime running lights
- Rain/light sensors for automatic windshield wipers & headlights
- Front fog lights located in lower front bumper
- Daytime running lights, user programmable
- "Three blink" touch-to-pass lane change feature in turn signal
- Automatic light switch controlled by light sensor, coming home/leaving home function
- Power-adjustable heated side mirrors
- LED indicator light technology integrated in the side mirrors with fiber optic technology
- Body-color outside mirrors; heated with LED turn signal repeaters with fiber optic technology
- Heated windshield washer nozzles
- Dual exhaust pipes, thin-walled tips (driver’s side)
- 2.5 mph (Federal Standard) front & rear bumpers
Just like the 2013 model year, Audi is offering a revised instrument cluster specially adapted to the U.S. driving conditions. As an option customers can get a new three-spoke steering wheel, plus a new selection of upholstery fabrics, like perforated Milano and Fine Nappa leather.
Customers can also choose from a wide palette of colors, plus a new black headliner option combined with a Chestnut Brown trim.
|Headroom sunroof (in, front/rear)||39.1/ 36.0 (993 / 914 mm)|
|Headroom sunshade (in, front/rear)||37.9/ 36.0 (963 / 914 mm)|
|Legroom (in, front/rear)||41.3/ 31.7 (1049 / 805 mm)|
|Shoulder room (in, front/rear)||54.3/ 52.8 (1379 / 1341 mm)|
|Luggage capacity (cu ft)||12.2|
Standard Interior Features:
- Front & rear reading lights (two in front / two in rear headliner)
- Red ambient LED lighting in overhead console for front center console illumination
- Illumination for interior door release handles & air vent controls
- Front & rear footwell lighting using LED technology
- Front sliding sun visors with illuminated vanity mirror for driver & front passenger
- Front & rear floor mats with fastening mechanism for front mats
- Velour carpeting
- Power central locking system with radio-operated key fob remote control for doors, trunk & fuel door with selective unlocking
- Fully automatic dual zone climate control w/ separate air distribution controls for driver & front passenger, combined pollutant & pollen filter, automatic recirculated-air functions; air quality, humidity & sun angle sensors
- Rear seat HVAC vents in rear of front center console & under each front seat & temperature variation dial
- Electric rear window defogger with automatic timed shut off feature
- Smoker package (ashtray & power outlet in front of shifter)
- One rear ashtray, located in rear of front center console, beneath power outlet
- Four cup holders (two front / two rear)
Folding & sliding front center armrest with adjustable height & storage underneath
- Illuminated locking glovebox
- Tilt & telescopic manually adjustable steering column
- Three-spoke multifunction sport steering wheel
- Leather shift knob
- Eight-way power front seats & four-way power lumbar adjustment for driver
Under the hood, the A5 retains the same 2.0-liter TFSI engine as the 2013 model, but with power increased from 211 horsepower to 220 horsepower.
The engine is offered with a standard six-speed manual transmission that sends the engine’s output to all four wheels, via Audi’s quattro all-wheel-drive system. As an option, customers can also order for an eight-speed Tiptronic gearbox.
|Arrangement||Front mounted longitudinal|
|Bore (in)||3.25 (82.5 mm)|
|Stroke (in)||3.65 (92.8 mm)|
|Displacement (cu in)||121.1 (1984 cc)|
|Horsepower @ rpm||220 @ 4300|
|Torque (lb-ft @ rpm)||258 @ 1500|
|Induction / Fuel injection||Turbocharged / FSI|
|Top speed (electronically limited) (mph)||130|
Suspension and Brakes
Starting 2013 model year, the A5 is offered with an electromechanical power steering unit that assists the driver when braking on an asymmetrical surface. Other technologies included in the A5 are: Audi adaptive cruise control, Audi side assist and dynamic steering - all of which assist the driving in all the possible driving conditions.
The A5 Coupe is offered with standard 18-inch wheels in five-spoke design and wrapped in all-season tires.
|A5 Coupe 2.0T q Manual||$39,000||$42,100||$48,200|
|A5 Coupe 2.0T q Tiptronic||$40,200||$43,300||$49,400|
The new 4-Series Coupe presents itself as a pretty tough competitor for the A5 Coupe. It is more aggressive and sportier than the 3-Series Coupe and it also delivers a little bit more power.
Another advantage for the 4-Series Coupe is that customers have two engines to choose from: a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that delivers a total of 240 horsepower and a twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter in-line-six engine with 300 horsepower.
However, the 4-Series Coupe is a little bit more expensive than the A5 with a base price starting at $41,425.
gallery: BMW 4 Series Coupe
Even though we have no idea just yet if Cadillac will bring a new-generation CTS Coupe, the model was a pretty serious competitor for the German models and will be, if it makes a cameo in this generation.
If Cadillac decides to offer one, it will be offered with the same powerplant as the sedan: 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder with 272 horsepower; a 3.6-liter V-6 engine that delivers 321 horsepower; or a 3.6-liter twin-turbocharged V-6 engine that delivers a total of 420 horsepower.
gallery: Cadillac CTS Sedan
Launched in 2008, the Audi A5 proved itself to be a pretty serious competitor and will continue to do the same for the 2014 model year. However, we would have appreciated to see at least two engines options under the hood, but, you know, there is always the S5 alternative.
Looks very cool
New standard features
Just one engine option
gallery: Audi A5 Coupe
2014 Audi A5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model Line
Similar to the Audi A4 and allroad, the A5 2.0 TFSI also receives a boost in horsepower to 220, as well as the Convenience package as standard equipment. All A5 and S5 Premium Plus packages include Audi advanced key with Audi side assist* available as a standalone option, and the S line exterior will now adorn all A5 Prestige models. The S line competition package, which was introduced late in model year 2013, will continue to be offered on Premium Plus and Prestige A5 coupes. Additionally, the Black Optic package will return as an option on A5 and S5 Coupes, and the 19-inch Titanium Rotor wheel will be available on A5 and S5 Cabriolet models. Audi drive select will be standard on S5 models and included in the optional A5 Sport package.
In Model Year 2014, both the RS 5 Coupe and the newly-added open-air RS 5 Cabriolet continue to represent maximum performance in the A5 model line and feature the unfiltered exhaust note of the high revving 450 horsepower naturally aspirated V8. The Audi advanced key start button features a red ring surround, and Audi side assist is part of the Audi MMI Navigation plus package. The Comfort seat package with ventilated seats is now also available on the RS 5 Coupe, while the Cabriolet offers the Black Optic package.