Top Gear has selected their winners for 2006. A couple of german cars, Ferrari and Jaguar and also Citroen scoped the Top Gear awards. Audi’s TT picked up the "Best Coupe" accolade, while BMW’s Mini Cooper S was awarded "Best Small Car", Jaguar XK "Best GT", Ferrari 599 GTB - "Best Supercar".
Top Gear Awards
- SUV - Land Rover Freelander 2: "the LR2 is more sophisticated and comfortable than ever, and it still rules the off-road roost"
- Small Car - Mini Cooper S: "It’s not easy to tell apart from its predecessor, but the new Mini Cooper S is the most fun car we’ve driven this year"
- Supercar - Ferrari 599 GTB: Blisteringly fast but beautifully behaved on the road, the Ferrari 599 GTB is a near-perfect supercar
- Roadster - Mazda MX-5 Roadster-Convertible: "We knew Mazda would do a good job with the MX-5 RC. But we didn’t expect it to be even better than the soft-top"
- GT - Jaguar XK: "Stunning to behold and great to drive, the Jaguar XK stirs the soul like no other GT out there"
- Copue: Audi TT: "The Audi TT has always been a looker, but now it has the performance to match"
- Big Car - Ford S-Max: "A sport-flavoured MPV? It sounds improbable, but the Ford S-Max somehow adds up"
- Family Car - Citroen C4 Picasso: "Citroen’s brilliantly original C4 Picasso is clever enough to keep the whole family entertained"