Paris Motor Show has ended, but the discussions about what a show it was and all the models presented there does not ended. Based on the significance of the vehicle, MSN has made a Top Ten list with the best cars presented in Paris. And why is no surprise that Audi R8 is on the top of the list?
Top Ten Best Cars from Paris
- Audi R8: The R8 it is powered by a V8 engine with an output of 420 bhp. Peak torque is 430 Newton-metres from 4.500 to 6,000 rpm. It makes the 0 to 60 mph sprint in just 4.6 seconds and has a top speed of 190 mph.
- Peugeot 908 RC: The 908 RC is powered by Peugeot’s V12 HDi DPFS (diesel particulate fi lter system) diesel engine designed to take part in the “Le Mans Race Series” programme in 2007. The engine has a capacity of 5.5 litres and offers a level of performance unprecedented for a diesel engine, with a maximum power output greater than 515 kW and, above all, an exceptional torque in excess of 1,200 Nm.
- Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione: The 8C Competizione is powered by a 4.7-liter four-cam V8 engine with an power output of 450-hp and 347 lb-ft of torque. It is claimed to have a top speed of around 190 mph and a sub-4.5 second 0-62 mph time.
- Volkswagen Iroc: The Iroc is powered by a TSI engine, referred to in-house as a Twincharger. Shifting tasks are handled by the DSG direct shift gearbox. About the Twincharger: First employed in the Golf GT in 2006, TSI engines are currently the most efficient four-cylinder gasoline engines in the world. The combination of compressor and turbocharger shows the path to the future.
- Citroen C-Metisse: The C-Metisse is powered by a hybrid combination of V6 HDI turbodiesel power and electric hub motors, with a proclaimed 0-62 mph in just over six seconds while achieving more than 40 miles per gallon.
- Mercedes Benz SLR 722 Edition: The SLR 722 Edition it is powered by a 5.5-litre V8 supercharged engine with an powere output of 650 hp. The 722 makes the 0 to 60 moh sorint in just 3.4 seconds and has a top speed of 209 mph.
- Hiunday Arnejs: The Arnejs has the strong presence and contemporary style that Europeans expect. What’s on show here in Paris is a concept, but it will form the basis of a production car that goes on sale next year.
- Renault Twingo: Firmly grounded in a youth culture of sport, music and fashion, Twingo Concept is powered by the new turbocharged 1.2 16V TCE 100 engine. This 1.2-litre turbocharged engine delivers maximum power of 73kW (100hp) and maximum torque of 145Nm, while its exceptional efficiency combines response, power and environmental-friendliness.
- Ford Mondeo: A wide range of dependable Ford powertrains will be offered, from the powerful and well-proven Ford Duratorq 2.0-litre TDCi diesel and a high-performance 2.5-litre turbocharged Duratec petrol engine derived from that fitted to the new S-MAX, to efficient 1.6-litre Duratec petrol and 1.8-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel engines with outstanding fuel economy.
- Chevrolet WTCC Concept: The compact WTCC Ultra (length/width/height with spoiler: 4,324/1,906/1,569 mm, wheelbase: 2,650 mm) is equipped with a powerful 1,991 cm3 diesel unit generating 139 kW/190 hp. The basic version of the four-cylinder engine is the common rail unit with four-valve technology and variable turbine blade geometry currently powering the Chevrolet Captiva and due to go into the Epica from spring 2007.