With Summer and the vacations here is allways good to know which are the greatest vehicles for road trips. Even if the gas prices get higher in the last few months, this doesn’t mean the Americans won’t do their usual traveling. "Families will travel closer to home, they will travel for fewer days and will save money by staying in less-expensive hotels and eating in cheaper restaurants. But they will continue to take vacations and plan getaways."
According to latest study, more than 84% of all travelers will reach their destinations by car this summer, which is an increase of about 1.8 percent over 2006.
Judging by the budget and style, Forbes made a list with top ten Great Vehicles for Road Trips:
- Family Vacations: Toyota Sienna
- Trip for Two: BMW 650i
- College Road Trip: Scion xB
- Camping: Land Rover LR3
- Distant Trips: Toyota Prius
- Towing: GMC Yukon Denali
- Moving the Kids to School: Lincoln Mark LT
- Tailgating: Honda Element
- Summer Trip for Two: Jaguar XK
- Overall: Mercedes-Benz E320 Bluetec