Platinum’s rarity has long made it the metal of choice for nobility and the affluent – more so than gold. Black, meanwhile, has traditionally been associated with refinement … a confident elegance, demonstrated by the black tuxedo, black dress or color-of-choice for luxury vehicles. Black and platinum merge seamlessly in the Buick Enclave Black Platinum Edition. Created by Mitek Corporation of Phoenix, Ariz., Buick Enclave Black Platinum Edition is being introduced at the 2007 Specialty Equipment Market Association Show in Las Vegas.
This custom Enclave is a head-turner. Its House of Kolor Black Diamond custom paint glimmers and appears to change hue depending on the viewer’s angle: black, blue or purple. Your eyes run effortlessly down the vehicle’s profile, which is accentuated by darkened windows and doors without handles. Custom 20-inch TIS chrome wheels equipped with 20-inch Toyo Proxes tires and custom springs – which lower the vehicle height by two inches – combine to create a pavement-hugging, ready-to-pounce appearance. Up front, Buick Enclave Black Platinum Edition wears the new face of production Enclaves, a vertical chrome waterfall grille.
One press of the Enclave Black Platinum Edition’s key fob opens the doors, revealing an interior swathed in Deep Blue leather. The seat inserts in all four captains chairs and the third-row bench – as well as the headliner and the visors – feature this luxurious leather. The exterior paint theme is duplicated in the interior trim panels, and polished custom billet aluminum inserts have been added to the door panels to complement the famous Buick fender trim. All of the speakers feature polished custom billet aluminum trim rings to further accentuate the chrome trim package. The result is a harmonious balance between the vehicle’s interior and exterior.
While understated elegance embodies the interior and exterior designs of the Buick Enclave Platinum Edition, its sound system is not afraid to pump out wattage. Crank up the volume of the custom MTX audio system to experience 4,900 watts of peak power delivered through 13 speakers, including three 12-inch subwoofers that are housed within custom-made and custom-painted fiberglass enclosures. Enclave Black Platinum Edition also features three-way speakers in the front doors, two-way speakers in the rear doors and two amplifiers.
Naturally, a sound system this great can best be appreciated while listening to favorite music, such as that stored on an iPod. Enclave Black Platinum Edition has you covered there, too, thanks to the Avstarr integration device from Civita Technologies. It allows drivers and front passengers to control the iPod’s song list through the vehicle’s audio controls, for safer and more convenient listening pleasure.
Buick is General Motors’ premium international brand anchored by North America and China regions. A storied, 104-year-old brand in North America, Buick is also one of the most well-known automobile brands in China with more than 1.3 million Buick owners. Last year, Buick sold more than 300,000 units there and more than 567,000 worldwide, a 17,000-unit increase over 2006. Buick nameplates in North America include the Enclave luxury crossover, Lucerne and LaCrosse entry-luxury sedans. The Buick lineup in China include the LaCrosse and Park Avenue premium sedans, Regal upper-medium sedan, Excelle family and GL8 and FirstLand executive wagons.
- House of Kolor Black Diamond custom paint
- Body-color moldings
- Door handles removed
- Key-fob actuated door opening
- Custom aluminum trim
- Darkened windows
- Custom lowering springs – two inches front and rear
- Wheels: 20-inch TIS 2-inch chrome
- Tires: 20-inch Toyo Proxes
- Civita Technologies backup camera
- Custom Deep Blue leather upholstery
- Seat inserts in all four captains chairs and the third-row bench
- Modified door panels with polished custom billet aluminum trim
- Custom billet aluminum trim rings around speakers
- Custom-painted trim pieces to match the exterior body color
- 4,900-watt peak power custom MTX audio system
- Three 12-inch MTX Thunder7500 subwoofers
- MTX 3-way system (TXC6.1 and TXC6.0) in both of the front doors
- MTX 2-way system (TXC6.1) in both of the rear doors
- MTX Thunder Elite TE1501D amplifier (3,000 watts peak)
- MTX Thunder Elite TE1004 amplifier (1,900 watts peak)
- Custom-built and painted fiberglass subwoofer enclosure
- Custom-built and painted fiberglass amp rack