TomTom GO 910 the smartest portable car navigtion ever - 925$
The TomTom GO 910 is the most fully featured sat-nav we’ve ever taken onto the street. It boasts a 4inch widescreen, Bluetooth, iPod connectivity, text-to-speech and audiobook playback.’ One of the favourites is the new 4 inch touchscreen: ‘It’s bright and sharp, plus the device’s 400MHz processor has enough oomph to keep the refresh rate high even in 3D map mode.’
‘The GO 910 has an excellent speaker, and the navigating voice was well sampled and clear. Text-to-speech tech means that it can also read out street names, further clarifying matters at busy junctions.’ As with the other GO products, ‘all functions are accessed and controlled using the touchscreen and chunky software buttons.’ The conclusion: ‘…the TomTom GO 910 is good. It’s well made, neatly designed, a pleasure to use and loaded with extras that you can use or ignore on a whim. And that makes it as essential as Haribo Tangfastics for any journey. Five stars.’
“The new GO 910 has to be the swankiest touch screen satnav we’ve ever had the pleasure of pawing. The debonair dashboard accessory is the worlds first portable widescreen navigator, measuring in at a generous 4-inches”. But the new TomTom GO 910 offers a lot more: “the real sweetener is the fact that it comes with a 20GB hard disk…which can be used to store MP3s and photos”. Also highlighted in the review is the expanded map data, “the first ever portable satnav to come preloaded with maps of Europe, USA and Canada”. T3’s overall conclusion doesn’t leave any doubts: “This chic collection from TomTom proves why we all want a piece of the action”
The TomTom GO 910 features text-to-speech, which means that it can announce street and place names and even read out SMS messages.
Great Britain, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Spain, Portugal and all of the USA and Canada (incl. Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico).
Easy to use
- Plug & GO: Works straight out of the box. View installation movie
- Portable: Easy to take from car to car.
- Touchscreen: Easy to operate. And no awkward buttons!
- Extra wide LCD screen: 4 inch high quality LCD screen with crystal-clear 3D graphics, 480x272 pixels and 64,000 colours. For optimal visibility.
- The latest and most complete maps: Detailed maps of the whole of Europe, the USA and Canada, all pre-installed on a 20 Gb hard disk. Allowing you seamless door-to-door navigation throughout these regions without having to switch maps.
- Route choice: Plan your route to fit your requirements, such as: quickest, shortest, avoiding toll roads and congestion charge areas, by required arrival time, etc.
- Points of Interest: Café, car park, cinema or petrol station. 1000’s of POI’s pre-installed. Search by proximity to current location, on your route, near a specific city, etc.
- Huge choice: TomTom GO 910 speaks some 36 languages in over 50 different voices.
Hands-Free Calling and Hi-Fi audio
- Bluetooth® connectivity: Connect your GO 910 to your mobile phone, headset, car speakers or headphones hassle-free with Bluetooth® technology.
- 20 Gb hard disk: With 12 Gb free, TomTom GO 910 has enough space for 1000’s of your songs, photos and more besides.
- mp3 player: Play your stored music and audiobooks on the built-in mp3 player through the high quality GO speaker or via your car stereo, and even manage your music using the ingenious TomTom Jukebox.
- Text-to-speech*: TomTom GO 910 can announce street and place names and even read you out your SMS messages (sms reading on compatible phones, check here).
- Text-to-speech is currently supported in 8 languages: German, UK English, US English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch and Portuguese.
- Remote control: You or a passenger can operate your GO from anywhere in the car. Making your journey easier and safer.
- Real-time traffic: Up-to-the-minute traffic information, jam alerts and road condition warnings. 1 month trial for free, click here for offer and availability.
- Real-time weather reports: A real-time overview of the weather before you leave, including 5-day forecasts for the place you’re going.
- Safety cameras: Receive and report alerts when there are safety cameras coming up, fixed or mobile.
- TomTom is committed to make driving more safely on the roads. Our navigation systems encourage you to get from A to B as safely as possible:
- Clear & accurate spoken and visual instructions: Easy to follow, calm instructions given with plenty of notice mean that you can focus on your driving.
- Speeding alert: Alerts you that you’re speeding, even if you’re not in navigation mode.
- 4.0 inch widescreen WQVGA screen (480x272 pixels, 64,000 colors)
- CPU 400 MHz
- RAM 64MB
- Lithium-Ion battery (4 hours operation)
- 20Gb Hard disk
- High sensitivity SiRF Star 3 GPS chipset
- Dimensions: 112x81x66 mm
- Weight: 340 grams