TomTom, the world’s largest navigation solutions provider, today reveals the newest addition to the world’s number one selling portable navigation device. The new TomTom ONE XL makes the TomTom ONE range even more compelling, boasting a super-sized 4.3 inch touch screen and even sleeker design.
Like the TomTom ONE, the TomTom ONE XL is easy to use, lightweight and portable. The extra large screen allows for an expanded view of the driving area, showing even more street names and side roads. The TomTom ONE XL is traffic-ready, giving drivers easy access to real-time updates and road conditions through a subscription to TomTom traffic. Additionally, the device comes with the most up-to-date maps for worry-free navigation, QuickGPSfix software for an even faster connection with GPS satellites and quick route calculation for efficient travel.
“The TomTom ONE has outsold every other portable navigation device in the world, a testament to the exceptional quality and design of our products,” said TomTom Inc president Jocelyn Vigreux. “The TomTom ONE XL has the same intuitive and easy to use form for which TomTom products are so well known. Its extra large screen and great price point complement our product range and give our customers even more navigation products to choose from.”
With the TomTom ONE XL, customers will have access to all the TomTom PLUS services including real-time traffic and weather reports, updates on road conditions and TomTom Buddies feature. The TomTom ONE range offers optional smart accessories such as carry cases, alternate mounting solutions and a fast home charger.
Through TomTom HOME, TomTom’s free software application, customers can manage, download, store and transfer content from their computer onto their TomTom device. Users can easily plan routes, download celebrity or character voices, obtain traffic alerts and install maps to customize and update their TomTom at anytime.
TomTom ONE XL will be available for $399 at major retailers across the US and Canada in June 2007.
TomTom offers a wide range of devices, as well as the TomTom ONE XL, to suit every driver’s need. These include:
- TomTom GO 910: pre-installed maps of Europe, USA and Canada, text-to-speech technology, hands-free calling and 20GB hard drive enabling drivers to play music and view images
- TomTom GO 510: pre-installed maps of the US and Canada on a SD card, hands-free calling via Bluetooth-enabled phones
- TomTom ONE: TomTom’s ultra light, entry level portable navigation device with maps of the US and Canada
- TomTom RIDER: the portable all-in-one navigation solution designed specifically for motorbikes and scooters
- TomTom NAVIGATOR 6: the new integrated solution for mobile phones and PDA’s.