If you see your car has been egged, clean it up right away. Leaving the egg on the car, even over night, will crack your paint.
What you need:
- 2 Soft towels
- White vinegar
- It is important to clean up the egg from your car as soon as you see it, even if there is no sun out.
- Remove with your hand the large egg shells that are not stuck to the car.
- With a soft towel, and being careful not to scratch the paint with egg shells, remove as much egg as you can.
- Take a bucket and fill it up with 2 cups of water and 2 cups of white vinegar.
- Wash out the towel full of egg, and then soak it in the vinegar solution.
- Place the towel on the egg stain for 15 minutes (Repeat steps 5 – 6 on every area stained by egg).
- Remove the soaked towel.
- Using a dry soft towel, wipe the area down to remove any egg pieces.
- If you see that you did not make it in time, and the paint is cracked or bubbling up you may have to take your car to a body shop to be repainted or spot-painted.