GMC announced today that pricing for GMC’s first crossover SUV, the all-new 2007 Acadia, will begin at $29,990 for a well-equipped front-wheel-drive model.
"The next generation of GMC is here with the all-new Acadia," said John Larson, GMC general manager. "The fuel-efficient crossover has a sleek design and spacious interior that offers all of the people and cargo-carrying capabilities that you would expect in a utility vehicle, along with the smooth ride and responsive handling that feels more like a luxury sedan."
Acadia, which goes on sale at the end of the year, is available in front- or all-wheel-drive models. The base FWD model pricing includes the destination freight charge, is well-equipped, with GM’s all-new high-feature 3.6L V-6 engine with variable valve timing. It offers 275 horsepower (205 kW) and 251 lb.-ft. of torque (340 Nm) and EPA ratings of 18 mpg city / 26 mpg highway on FWD models. The engine is backed by a new, fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6T75 six-speed automatic transmission.
The Acadia comfortably seats up to eight adults and has a standard 60/40 split-folding third-row seat. It offers more space than many of its competitors, with nearly 20 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row.
Other standard features on the GMC Acadia include:
- StabiliTrak stability control system with rollover mitigation technology
- Six air bags - two frontal-impact air bags, two seat-mounted side-impact air bags; and head curtain side-impact air bags that help protect outboard passengers in all three rows
- Four-wheel disc anti-lock brakes
- OnStar Generation 7 hardware with one-year Directions and Connections service that features new voice-activated Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- GM’s exclusive Smart Slide feature on second-row seating, allowing quick and easy access to the third row
- AM/FM stereo with CD and MP3 players and six-speaker audio system
- Dual exhaust with chrome tips
- Rear spoiler
- 18-inch wheels
Also standard on Acadia and new for 2007 is GM’s five-year / 100,000-mile powertrain warranty, which is fully transferable and includes courtesy transportation and roadside assistance for the duration of the warranty.