- 2008 Mercury Mariner is new inside and out with more standard safety features, including Safety Canopy side curtain air bags. AdvanceTrac® with RSC® – Ford Motor Company’s exclusive roll-stability control system – is now standard on gas models.
- Across the range, 2008 Mariner base MSRPs will average $1,300 less than 2007 models, despite more refinement and more standard features.
- Prices for the 2008 Mercury Mariner start at $21,395 (including $665 destination and delivery charges).
- 2008 Mariner Hybrid is available for the first time in FWD configuration. Its MSRP begins at $26,430.
- Improved 36-month residual values are up to 11 points better than previous models and significantly ahead of major competitors.
- Employees at Ford’s Kansas City Assembly Plant today celebrated the launch of the all-new 2008 Mercury Mariner. Sales begin in the first quarter of 2007.
The new 2008 Mercury Mariner arrives in dealer showrooms this quarter with a refined new design, a quieter ride and a host of new features and options– and sticker prices that average $1,300 less than 2007 Mariner models. The 2008 Mariner also benefits from substantially improved residual values.
New inside and out, the 2008 Mariner features a comprehensive suite of standard safety features, more upscale interior appointments and notably improved levels of comfort and quietness . It enters the market at a time when customers are looking for smaller SUVs that still deliver on the attributes expected of a traditional SUV, such as all-wheel drive, commanding seating position, and passenger and cargo capacity. The new Mariner delivers a balance of all those demands, wrapped in a sophisticated and stylish package that can only be found on a Mercury.
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for the 2008 Mercury Mariner starts at $21,395, including $665 destination and delivery. The 2008 Mariner Hybrid will begin at $26,430.
In addition to more standard safety equipment, the new 2008 Mercury Mariner offers more customer convenience features, such as a standard MP3 audio jack, available SIRIUS satellite radio, and a new front storage bin with a power point and room for laptop storage. A touchscreen navigation system also is available on Mariner gas models for the first time.
The 2008 Mercury Mariner also delivers as much as an 11-point improvement in 36-month residual value over the 2007 model and now outperforms several key competitors.
For 2008, Mariner is available in two arrays: Mariner, and Mariner Premier. Customers can choose from three engines: 2.3-liter I-4, 3.0-liter V-6 or 2.3-liter I-4 Atkinson Cycle hybrid engine. Also new for this year, the Mariner Hybrid will be available for the first time in a FWD configuration.
Key standard features include:
- Refined new exterior styling
- All safety features are now standard, including: Safety Canopy side air curtains; side-impact air bags; ABS; Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS); and Ford’s exclusive AdvanceTrac with RSC (on gas models)
- 2.3-liter, 16-valve Duratec 23 I-4 engine (153 hp, 152 lb.-ft torque)
- Front-wheel drive
- New steering, upgraded with a s peed-sensitive Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) system
- All-new interior with new materials
- New second-row 60/40 split fold-flat seats
- New MP3 audio input jack
- New integrated center stack with top of dash display
- New larger center console with two removable storage bins – large enough to hold a laptop
- New 16-inch wheels
Key available options include:
- 3.0-liter, 24-valve V-6 Duratec 30 V-6 engine (200 hp, 193 lb.-ft. torque) or 2.3-liter DOHC 16-valve Atkinson cycle I-4 engine and 330V Nickel-Metal Hydride battery
- 4-speed automatic transmission
- Intelligent 4WD system
- SIRIUS™ satellite radio
- Audiophile sound system with AM/FM, CDX6, seven speakers and subwoofer
- DVD-based Navigation system with AM/FM, CDX6, seven speakers and subwoofer (new option for gas models)
- New premium leather seating surfaces
- Heated front seats
- New 17-inch wheels
- Class II Trailer Towing (for up to 3,500 lbs. maximum towing capacity)
The 2008 Mercury Mariner is built at Kansas City Assembly in Missouri. It will be available for sale during the first quarter this year.