We just saw the updates to Jaguar’s XF and XK lines last month in Detroit, and now they are about ready to hit the streets. Jaguar had just announced 2010 pricing for the U.S. on both lines.
The XF will now start at $52,000 (up about $2,025 from 2009) and top out with the fastest Jaguar ever, the 510 hp XFR at $80,000. For the XK line, the coupe will start at $83,000 and convertible goes for $89,000. Change the engine to the 510 hp supercharged XKR and pricing goes up to $96,000 for the coupe and $102,000 for the convertible.
Press release after the jump.
Jaguar today announced pricing for its 2010 Model Year line up. In January 2009, Jaguar revealed the new 2010 Model Year XF and XK which includes the new XFR, and next generation XKR. Both vehicles are true to the heritage of Jaguar’s legendary performance, delivering a superb balance of dynamic ability and refinement.
The 2010 XF will be priced starting at $52,000 MSRP. The XF Premium, with the new 5.0-liter naturally aspirated engine, will have a base MSRP of $57,000. The new XFR with the 510hp supercharged engine will retail for $80,000 MSRP. Also, taking the details that define luxury to higher standards, the 2010 XF Premium offers a Portfolio Pack for an additional $4,000. The Portfolio Pack offers the most luxurious XF specification, and features the naturally aspirated version of the new 5.0-liter V8.
As for the 2010 XK line up, it will start with a base MSRP of $83,000 (Coupe) and $89,000 (Convertible). The XKR with its 510 horsepower engine will retail for $96,000 (Coupe) MSRP and $102,000 (Convertible) MSRP.
But it is the new powertrain options that are at the heart of the changes for 2010 Model Year. The new AJ-V8 GEN III direct-injection 5.0-liter engines are the most advanced engines Jaguar has ever produced, each offering significant increases in performance and impressive fuel economy. Both deliver more torque and power than the previous generation of engines.
The 2010 Model Year XF and XK models combine effortless high-performance and state-of-the-art powertrains with a new level of advanced technologies, intuitive control and Jaguar’s superbly crafted, new-fashioned luxury interiors. In addition, both models include a number of standard luxury features including navigation, heated front seats and satellite radio.
XF and XFR 2010MY
Contemporary, individual and beautifully crafted, the XF has the soul of a sports car, the style and sophistication of a luxury four-door sedan, and the visual excitement of a coupe.
“The new XF challenges the rules and redefines Jaguar sporting luxury. Our designers and engineers work together to develop elegant, inspired solutions to complex technical challenges. It’s a simple but very effective philosophy and the result is great new products like the XFR,” says Mike O’Driscoll, Managing Director, Jaguar Cars.
2010MY XF At-a-Glance Highlights –
- The full XF family now includes three trim and equipment levels – XF, XF Premium and XFR – and a total of three engine options
- New 5.0-liter V8 powertrains. The new XFR introduces the 510hp supercharged 5.0-liter AJ-V8 Gen III engine and adds other dynamic advances to create the quickest and most sporty XF yet
- Compared to its supercharged 4.2-liter V8 predecessor, the 5.0-liter power has increased by 23 percent and torque has increased by 12 percent with no loss in fuel efficiencies and a decrease in emissions
- The new direct-injection engine gives the XFR a 0-60mph time of 4.7 seconds, and a 50-70mph acceleration time of just 1.9 seconds
- New XFR features Adaptive Dynamics (the latest in computer controlled continuously variable damping) and Active Differential Control (electronically controlled rear differential)
- The XFR’s features include revised bumpers and lower front air intakes, sill extensions, bonnet louvers and grilles, quad tailpipes, a boot-lid spoiler and unique 20-inch alloy wheels
- XF Premium with Portfolio Pack offers a luxury-based alternative to the performance focused XFR, including 16-way and 12-way adjustable actively ventilated heated and cooled front seats, contrast stitching on leather trim and a wider choice of veneers and trim colors, two that are unique to Portfolio, and it introduces a Suede-cloth premium headliner
- Heated and cooled front seats, Bi-Xenon headlamps, Blind Spot Monitor and rear camera park aid come standard on the XF Premium
- The first XF cars will be delivered to U.S. customers in Summer 2009
XK and XKR 2010 MY
“The new XK delivers more power, more performance and more technology – without compromise. It moves the Jaguar sports car experience on to a whole new level,” says Mick Mohan, Director, Jaguar Programmes.
The new generation of Jaguar XK sports coupe and convertible has all new engines giving more power and performance with greater efficiency, revised exterior styling, and interior enhancements. There are two core models in the new XK range – the highly equipped XK and the powerful XKR.