Jaguar revealed the first teasers and some info today of the 2010 XJ at the Shangai Auto Show. The data from Jag was stuff the we pretty much already knew - the new 5.0-liter V8, including the 510 hp supercharged version , will be available as well as a carryover of the diesel V6 (but not likely in the U.S.) It will have a light aluminum body and even a panoramic roof.
But the big news are the new threads. The current XJ has been an evolution of a 40+ year-old design, and Jaguar has made no secret of its intentions to change the style for the 2010 car. Just look at the front end:
We shouldn’t have to wait too long for more information to start hitting the streets. Jaguar plans to have the official reveal of the next XJ in London on July 9th, and the cars should be on the streets by early 2010.
Press release after the jump.
An all-new Jaguar XJ will make its public debut this July – and today saw the preview and release of first information on this breathtaking new Jaguar.
Speaking at Auto Shanghai 2009, Jaguar Cars Managing Director, Mike O’Driscoll confirmed that:
- The all-new XJ will go on sale at the end of 2009 - but will officially be revealed on July 9th in London.
- The all-new XJ is the first car to feature the next-generation of Jaguar’s aerospace-inspired aluminium body architecture.
- All of Jaguar’s new ultra-efficient Gen III petrol and diesel engines will be available in the new XJ, including the already acclaimed V6 diesel and 510 bhp supercharged V8.
- There will be a choice of standard- or long wheelbase models.
- The all-new XJ will introduce the highest standards of personal luxury and specification, including a panoramic glass roof.
Full details of the all-new XJ including prices will be revealed on July 9th and orders for delivery in early 2010 will be taken from this time.
Dependent on market, the all-new XJ will be in dealerships from the end of this year. To register interest ahead of that time, customers should access www.jaguar.com/allnewxj.