Bentley Brooklands has been unveiled at the Geneva Salon in March and since then it has captured the hearts of customers across the globe, with the first year’s production of this hand-assembled, luxury coupe already sold out. Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen, Bentley’s Chairman and Chief Executive, said: "The interest in Brooklands since its unveiling in Geneva has exceeded our expectations. It is surely destined to become a collectors’ classic.
The Brooklands will be limited to 500 units and will be available for sale starting the first quarter of 2008.
Bentley Brooklands is powered by a 6 ¾-litre V8 engine with an output of 530bhp (395kW) at 4000 rev/min and an astonishing 1050Nm (774lb ft) of torque at 3250 rev/min – the highest-ever torque of any V8 automotive engine in the world.
The new engine endows the Brookland’s with true supercar performance, accelerating to 60mph in just 5.0 seconds (0-100km/h in 5.3 seconds) on its way to a top speed of 184mph ( 296 km/h). In-gear acceleration times are also greatly enhanced, with the coupe capable of accelerating from 50 to 70mph in 2.4 seconds (80-120km/h in 3.1 seconds).
The V8 engine is mated to a six-speed transmission with locking torque converter that provides an instantaneous response to the driver’s demands. A semi-automatic function allows manual gear selection for even greater driver control and, when driven to its potential, means stronger and faster acceleration in every gear.
The Bentley Brooklands Specifications
- Supercar performance from luxury four-seater coupe:
- o 0-60mph in 5.0 seconds (0-100km/h in 5.3s).
- o Top speed of 184 mph (296km/h).
- o 50 to 70mph in just 2.4 seconds (80-120km/h in 3.1s).
- Record power output of 530bhp and 1050Nm of torque from handbuilt 6 ¾-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine, including:
- o New free-flowing air induction system and sports exhaust.
- o Recalibrated valve timing and engine management systems
- Dynamic handling combined with superb ride comfort:
- o Very stiff platform and uniquely engineered chassis with specially developed 20-inch wheels and tyres as standard, that combine Arnage T handling with Arnage R comfort.
- Optional carbon/silicon carbide brakes:
- o The largest diameter discs of any production passenger car on sale today.
- o Discs last the lifetime of the car and pad life is doubled, under normal driving conditions.
- o Virtually fade-free use time after time.
- Most spacious rear cabin of any coupe in the world.
- Bentley is the only manufacturer to offer as standard a cabin trimmed entirely with leather hides.
- Full order book for first year, with lifetime production limited to just 550 cars.