Ferrari’s famous "World Abu Dhabi" park will open on October 28, but before then the company decided to reveal the list of the park’s main attractions, and we need to admit its quite a long one.
Of course, Ferrari World’s main attraction will be "Formula Rossa" - a Formula One-inspired roller coaster that can hit a top speed of 240 km/h. The roller coaster will be able to carry 16 people and climbs to a maximum height of 52 meters while sprinting from 0 to 60 mph in 2 seconds.
But that is not the only attraction set to provide a mind twisting experience. Ferrari World even has some fun things for the kids to do. For the kids Ferrari will offer three different entertainments: Junior GT, Junior Grand Prix, and Junior Training Camp. All of these programs will allow kids to drive reduced scale F430 GT Spiders or F1 inspired cars under the supervision of expert instructors.
Ferrari is also offering lots of virtual "fantasy journeys", a cinema that tells the story of Maranello, and, of course, the possibility of dining and shopping.
We cannot wait for this theme park to open so we can hear just how awesome this place is. We probably won’t be able to head on over there to experience it ourselves, but we are sure that people will be buzzing about their thrill rides on these attractions. Elvis and Graceland; eat your heart out.
Press release after the jump.
Today Ferrari World Abu Dhabi unveils its exciting and unique attractions, designed to tell the Ferrari passion, excellence, performance and technical innovation together with its story, to families and fans of all ages and interests. More than 20 rides and attractions, lying beneath the iconic 200,000 m2 red roof, will offer guests the time of their lives with the thrill of some of the world’s most inventive rides, eye-catching surroundings, and a host of attractions that indulge the senses in ways never experienced before.
Rides and attractions:
- Formula Rossa – The world’s fastest roller coaster, reaching speeds of 240 kmph.
- Speed of Magic – A fantasy 4-D journey following the adventures of a young boy as he travels through a kaleidoscopic dreamscape of natural and phenomenal environments, where no Ferrari has gone before.
- Made in Maranello – A virtual trip behind the walls of the famous Ferrari factory in Maranello, taking guests through the process of making a Ferrari.
- V12 – An exciting flume ride to the heart of a 12 cylinders engine.
- G-Force – A thrilling tower ride that will shoot thrill-seekers through the red roof and 62 meters in the air before plummeting back to Earth, experiencing the actual G-force of a Ferrari, in a seat directly inspired by the Ferrari Enzo.
- Scuderia Challenge – Cutting edge racing simulators similar to those used by the drivers of the Scuderia Ferrari in training.
- Viaggio in Italia – A virtual aerial voyage over Italy’s cities and main monuments, mountains and coasts pursuing a Ferrari.
- Fiorano GT Challenge – A unique dueling rollercoaster with Ferrari F430 Spiders twisting and turning through tight corners on a sprint to the finish line.
- Bell’Italia – A miniature recreation of Italy’s most famous locations, from the picturesque Portofino and the Amalfi Coast to Monza racetrack, the Colosseum in Roma, Venezia and Maranello, the heartland and home of Ferrari.
- Paddock – A re-creation of the Ferrari motor home including garages, transporters & hospitality suites with interactive shows offering fans a taste of the true action behind the scenes on a Grand Prix race day.
- The Pit Wall – An interactive theatre that allows guests to test their judgment in realistic racing scenarios.
- Galleria Ferrari – The world’s largest Ferrari gallery outside Maranello, showcasing the most exclusive range of classic and contemporary Ferrari’s from all over the world.
- Junior GT – A driving school for children with expert instruction where they will drive reduced scale F430 GT Spiders on an equipped driving course.
- Junior Grand Prix – After the Junior GT driving experience, budding F1™ drivers can enjoy the race track in scaled down Ferrari F1™ racers.
- The Racing Legends – A ride through Ferrari’s greatest racing moments starting from the first races all the way to today’s F1 victories.
- Driving with Champions – an interactive 3-D show which follows the adventures of a young engineer who is taken on the ride of a lifetime with a racing champion on his first day working at the Ferrari factory
- Cinema Maranello – Ferrari World’s own theatre showing ‘Coppa di Sicilia’, a short film that tells one of the many inspiring stories from the life of the legendary Enzo Ferrari.
- Junior Training Camp – An interactive play area for children where they can engage with a waterless car wash, become custom ‘constructors’, climb up the grandstand, pilot remote cars, paddle their own miniature Ferrari and play with an F1™ car made of soft, guest-friendly foam.
- Carousel – Featuring never-before-seen Ferrari prototypes based on winning designs from a Ferrari competition.
- Dining and Shopping – A range of concept restaurants and cafes offering authentic Italian dining experiences, in addition to unique shopping locations.