Ford has the most top-quality vehicles in the industry, according to a customer-based initial quality survey released by J.D. Power and Associates.The Lincoln Mark LT and MKZ, Mercury Milan and Ford Mustang all captured first-place in their respective segments according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Initial Quality Study.
Click for a short list of Ford’s quality achievement.
Some of the quality achievement highlights include:
- Ford Motor Company earned five initial quality model segment awards – more than any other automaker – from J.D. Power and Associates’ Initial Quality Study.
- Ford quality leapt 11 percent, soaring above the industry’s two percent improvement according to a U.S. Global Quality Research System (GQRS) study by RDA Group released in October 2007.
- A GQRS study named six Ford vehicles that ranked best in their segment: Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, Ford E-Series, Mercury Milan, Ford Crown Victoria, Lincoln Mark LT, Mazda MX-5 Miata.
- Twenty Ford vehicles lead their segment in quality.
- Ford received quality accolades from 12 important customer surveys in 2007, including three from J.D. Power and Associates: Initial Quality Study (IQS), the Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study and the Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS).
- Ford has quality winners in virtually every major vehicle segment including:
- Mid-size sporty car - Ford Mustang
- Mid-size car - Ford Fusion
- Large car - Ford Five Hundred
- Van - Ford Econoline
- Large pickup - Ford F-150 LD
- Eleven of 15 Ford vehicles received quality awards in 2007, and 4 of 5 Lincoln vehicles received quality awards.
- Ford Edge, Ford Explorer Sport Trac and Lincoln MKX were named as top performers in AutoPacific’s Vehicle Satisfaction Award (VSA), an industry benchmark for objectively measuring new-car or light-truck owner satisfaction.
- Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan &Lincoln MKZ have maintained their high quality levels since launching late 2004. And, in 2007 all three models achieved their best quality showing of any first-year vehicle in Ford’s history.