- 5.3L V8
- 4 Speed Automatic
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- Torque @ RPM:
- Gas Engine / Sequential Electronic Fuel Injected
- 5328 / 325 L
- 0-60 time:
- 6 sec.
- Quarter Mile time:
- 14.3 sec.
Like the Impala SS, the Monte Carlo SS is equipped with the high-performance 5.3L small-block V-8, which was engineered specifically for front-drive applications. The Monte Carlo SS also includes unique exterior styling that is inspired by its NASCAR heritage.
Highlights of the 2007 Monte Carlo include:
- Standard 5.3L small-block V-8 with Active Fuel Management technology in SS model
- FlexFuel badge on E85-capable 3.5L 3500 V-6 models
- Available Rally Stripe package for Monte Carlo SS
- Hydra-Matic 4T65 four-speed automatic transmission mated to all engines; enhanced version used with 5.3L V-8
- Bold exterior styling
- Retuned suspensions with wider front track
- Family of 16-, 17- and 18-inch wheels and tires
- ABS and traction control
- Interior featuring high-quality attention to detail, including improved seat upholstery stitching, low-gloss IP components and jewel-like IP details
- High-quality Nuance Sandstone leather-appointed seating (available)
- Variety of audio systems
- Standard dual-stage frontal air bags
- Available side seat-mounted air bags for front passengers
- Factory-installed remote vehicle starter available
- Standard 7.0 Generation OnStar capable of Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- Standard XM Satellite Radio on SS models
Monte Carlo exudes sportiness, inside and out. The exterior features large headlamps that have a premium, jeweled appearance with three independent lighting units. These details complement other high-quality attributes to provide an overall feeling of solidity. Also, flat-blade windshield wipers are used to provide consistent pressure on the glass, which helps eliminate streaking and wind noise. All models receive a sporty rear spoiler.
The Monte Carlo SS has a distinct front-end appearance, with a dual-split grille that has a black-diamond crosshatch pattern. The rear spoiler is unique, too, suggesting the purposefulness of NASCAR spoilers. Corvette-inspired bright exhaust outlets also are standard on the Monte Carlo SS. For 2007, a Rally Stripe package is available.
Monte Carlo SS comes with the FE4 suspension, which is tuned to provide a sporty ride that complements the 5.3L small-block V-8’s performance. It offers increased stiffness and ride control, with reduced body lean and greater high-speed stability. The 34-mm hollow front stabilizer bar and 18-mm solid rear stabilizer bar are larger in diameter than the bars of the two FE2 suspension settings, providing increased roll control. Eighteen-inch alloy wheels with W-rated P235/50R18 AL3 Goodyear Eagle RS-A performance tires are included with the FE4 suspension.