Impala SS is powered by the all-new 5.3L small-block V-8 with Active Fuel Management technology, which regulates between eight-cylinder and four-cylinder operation and provides up to 8 percent improved fuel economy in certain light-load driving conditions. The 5.3L small-block V-8 is rated at 303 horsepower (226 kW) and 323 lb.-ft. (438 Nm) of torque.
Additional highlights of the 2007 Impala include:
- New exterior colors, including Precision Red, Imperial Blue Metallic, Bordeaux Red and Red Jewel Tintcoat
- Retuned suspensions with wider track, providing sporty, more comfortable ride
- Family of 16-, 17- and 18-inch wheels and tires
- Enhanced ABS and traction control (now standard on some LT models)
- Comfortable interiors with high-quality attention to detail, including improved seat upholstery stitching, low-gloss IP components and jewel-like IP details
- High-quality Nuance leather -appointed seating (available)
- Standard side-curtain air bags for front and rear passengers
- Factory-installed remote vehicle starter available
- Standard OnStar service
- XM Satellite Radio now standard on selected models
Inside, Impala is packed with thoughtful features, including clever flip-and-fold rear seats (standard on LTZ and SS, available on LT). The forward-flip rear seat cushions reveal a storage tub under the seat that can contain spillage while transporting a variety of items. The tub also serves as a covered storage area beneath the seat with cushions down and offer convenient grocery bag hooks when the cushions are flipped forward. A generous pass-through from the trunk can be created by flipping the seat bottoms forward and the seat backs flat – an exclusive feature in the midsize segment.
Three audio systems feature new, simple-to-operate radios that are compatible with the enhanced OnStar system. The base CD-radio includes a six-speaker system. An uplevel MP3/CD-radio is configured for XM Satellite Radio, with a two-line, 32-character reconfigurable display and the capability to select between AM, FM and XM stations without having to reset the frequency. An uplevel ICDX radio adds an in-dash six-CD changer. Impala also offers a premium Bose audio system. All radios include a standard auxiliary input jack for external devices such as an iPod or remote cassette player. Located in the lower right-hand corner of each radio, the input allows for plug-and-play through Impala’s sound system.
The ’06 Impala SS reinstates small-block V-8 power, with the all-new 5.3L all-aluminum V-8 that features Active Fuel Management. Developed exclusively for front-drive applications, the 5.3L engine produces 303 horsepower (226 kW) and 323 lb.-ft. (438 Nm) of torque.
Read here about the 2007 Chevrolet Impala