Chevrolet has released the first official details on one of their customized Camaros headed to SEMA. It’s called the Red Flash Camaro and it’s based on the SS model. This special model features a Red Jewel exterior paint accented with gray heritage stripes and gray-accented 21-inch wheels.
The package also includes body-color ground effects, high-wing rear spoiler with black-painted stanchions and other gray accents, and an Ebony leather-trimmed cabin with titanium stitching and red accents on the seats.
Under the hood Chevrolet placed a LS3 6.2L V-8 engine with Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission. Other modifications include new air intake and exhaust systems, engine cover in Red Jewel and Hurst shifter with custom stone-color stitching on the boot and shift knob. All of these modifications were made in order to increase the car’s performance, style, and sound. Unfortunately, we don’t have any official numbers just yet, but we’ll get them out as soon as we can. Stay tuned!
Press release after the jump.
The design of the all-new Chevrolet Camaro has been acclaimed by critics and celebrated by sports car buyers. With that appeal as a springboard, Chevrolet designers created the Red Flash Camaro SS Show Car to extend Camaro’s look – and even its sound – to a new level.
Red Flash combines Chevrolet Accessory parts available today with some specially designed new concepts from the design studio, resulting in a unique new Camaro statement. Its Red Jewel exterior color is accented with gray heritage stripes and gray-accented 21-inch wheels. Under the hood, a Chevrolet Accessory air intake kit and, out back, the accessory exhaust kit, enhance the car’s performance, style and sound.
“The Camaro Red Flash is the opposite of a ‘sleeper’ on the street,” said Adam Barry, lead designer. “From every angle, it looks and sounds like the high-performance sports car it is. It’s a model for the enthusiast who doesn’t want to hide his performance aspirations.”
It also wears Chevrolet Accessory body-color ground effects, high-wing rear spoiler with black-painted stanchions and other gray accents. A lowered suspension lends a more aggressive stance.
Inside, the Red Jewel features an Ebony leather-trimmed cabin with titanium stitching and red accents on the seats. There’s also a custom steering wheel, racing-style pedals and red LED lighting for the door trim.
- Red Jewel color
- Heritage hood stripes in gray
- Chevrolet Accessory high-wing rear spoiler (body color with black stanchions)
- Chevrolet Accessory ground effects (body color)
- Chevrolet Accessory 21-inch wheels with gray inserts
- Camaro badges with chrome edges and gray inserts
- Body-color antenna
- Ebony leather with titanium stitching and red accents on the seats
- Prototype Chevrolet Accessory racing-style steering wheel with flat bottom
- Red LED lighting in door trim
- Red footwell and cupholder lighting
- Chevrolet Accessory racing pedal kit
- Chevrolet Accessory floor mats and cargo mat
- LS3 6.2L V-8 with Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission
- Chevrolet Accessory air intake and exhaust systems
- Chevrolet Accessory engine cover in Red Jewel
- Chevrolet Accessory Hurst shifter with custom stone-color stitching on the boot and shift knob