Next to a bunch of customized Corvettes and Camaros, Chevrolet will also be bringing a modified Silverado 2500 to the SEMA Show. The 2500HD Extended Cab Z71 is equipped with the new 6.6L Duramax turbo-diesel engine with B20 biodiesel capability and mated to an Allison 1000 six-speed automatic transmission.
For the exterior, the 2500 HD Z71 gets switchblade silver color with satin low-gloss finish, a body-color grille, Chevrolet Accessory 20-inch wheels painted Corvette Competition Gray, six-inch oval assist steps painted Corvette Competition Gray, Amber roof lamps, and custom Z71 graphics.
For the interior ,the truck gets Dark Titanium leather interior, Chevrolet Accessory interior trim plate kit with custom show paint, dual DVD headrests with HD WiFi headphones, navigation radio, and Autonet mobile Wi-Fi.
The list of control features includes trailer sway control, integrated trailer brake control, hill start assist, automatic grade braking, intelligent brake assist and larger brakes.
Press release after the jump.
Redesigned for 2011, the Silverado heavy-duty lineup is broader than ever, with 10 2500HD models and eight single- and dual-rear-wheel 3500HD models. In the Chevrolet display at the SEMA show, a new, accessorized 2500HD Extended Cab Z71 equipped with the new 6.6L Duramax turbo-diesel engine Allison 1000 six-speed automatic transmission demonstrated the personalization possibilities of the new HD lineup.
All 2011 Silverado HD models bring greater capability, improved ride and handling and a greater feeling of driver control. Highlights include:
- Increased towing capability of up to 21,700 pounds (9,843 kg) and payload of up to 6,635 pounds (3,009 kg) on 3500HD models, supported by all-new fully-boxed, high-strength-steel frames and strong suspensions
- New 6.6L Duramax diesel delivers up to 11-percent greater highway fuel economy and up to 63-percent lower emissions, along with B20 biodiesel capability and quicker acceleration
- All-new “smart” exhaust brake feature provides greater control on grades and reduced brake pad wear
- An array of control features, including trailer sway control, integrated trailer brake control, hill start assist, automatic grade braking, intelligent brake assist and larger brakes
- Purposeful technology, including available mobile WiFi, USB connectivity, Bluetooth connectivity, XM Satellite Radio, OnStar 9.0 and navigation.
Outside, the 2011 Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD models are distinguished by a power dome-style hood with a new, louvered design, as well as a new grille and full-width chrome steel front bumper. A new lineup of 17-, 18- and 20-inch wheel/tire combinations is featured, too, and the 2500HD SEMA show vehicle displays 20-inch wheels that are available through Chevrolet dealers, but painted Corvette Competition Gray for the show vehicle.
Additional accessories are either available now or are being evaluated for future availability.
- Switchblade Silver color with satin low-gloss finish
- Body-color grille
- Chevrolet Accessory 20-inch wheels painted Corvette Competition Gray
- Hard folding tonneau cover
- Six-inch oval assist steps painted Corvette Competition Gray
- Hitch-mounted winch
- Amber roof lamps
- Custom Z71 graphics
- Dark Titanium leather interior
- Chevrolet Accessory interior trim plate kit with custom show paint
- Dual DVD headrests with HD WiFi headphones
- Navigation radio
- Autonet mobile Wi-Fi
- Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel and Allison 1000 six-speed automatic transmission