PureRossi has unveiled the first details on the Rossi SixtySix - a Corvette C6 that borrows its design DNA from the classic Sting Ray model. The SixtySix will be built in limited numbers and will be unveiled at the 22nd Annual EyesOn Design this Sunday at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills.
As we were saying, the Rossi SixtySix will take its design inspiration from the Sting Ray models: there will be a split window, stinger hood, a modern front, and retro "bumpers". For the interior, updates will be made to the center console area, door accents, and shift boots.
The sports car will be offered in eight exterior colors: black, red, maroon, blue, pearl white, a charcoal gray, and yellow.
Under the hood the Rossi SixtySix will have a V8 engine producing 450 HP and 400 lbs-ft of torque Unfortunately, performance figures haven’t been released yet so little is known about how these numbers will reflect on the road.
Transforming a new Corvette C6 into a Rossi SixtySix only takes five days and the price for the final project, with the C6 donor car included, is in the $130k area.
Specifications after the jump.
- Curb weight 3550 lb
- Weight dist (w driver), f/r,% 52/48
- Wheelbase 105.7 in.
- Track f/r 63.5 in./62.5 in.
- Length 182.0 in.
- Width 75.8 in.
- Height 49.1 in.
- Type ohv 2-valve/cyl V-8
- Displacement 5967 cc
- Bore x stroke 101.6 x 92.0 mm
- Compression ratio 10.9:1
- Horsepower (SAE) 450 bhp @ 6000 rpm
- Torque 400 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm
- Redline 6500 rpm
- Fuel injection elect. Sequential port
- Rec. fuel prem unleaded, 93
Chassis and body
- Layout front engine/rear drive
- Body/frame composite panels/unit steel
- Brakes Front: 14.0-in. vented discs, 4-piston calipers; Rear: 13.0-in. vented discs, 4-piston calipers
- Assist type vacuum, ABS
- Wheels Front: Forged alloy, 19x9.5; Rear: Forged alloy, 20x12
- Tires Front: P275/30ZR-19; Rear: P325/25ZR-20
- Steering rack & pinion, power assist
- Suspension Front: Upper & lower A-arms, transverse composite leaf spring with coil assist, tube shocks, anti-roll bar; Rear: Upper & lower A-arms, transverse composite leaf spring with coil assist, tube shocks, anti-roll bar