Sometimes even dealerships get in on the tuning action, putting together packages to pull in some extra revenue and make up for lackluster sales. Currently, the most powerful Camaro offered by Chevrolet is the 550 HP ZL1 , but Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet has perked up our ears with their Camaro Intimidator developing 704 HP.
The name chosen for this special edition could not be more appropriate considering it houses a supercharged V8 engine that produces an intimidating 704hp and 695 lbs-ft of torque at 11psi boost. Bumps and bruises will be absorbed with a highly modified suspension and chassis, while the new exhaust system, brakes, and fuel system will take care of everything else.
The added power is also illustrated on the exterior of the muscle car with a racing inspired, aluminum blade spoiler with support braces and a more modern racing splitter with support braces for improved downforce. The newly appointed front induction hood will let air flow freely through the hardworking engine and the 6LE Designs white faced gauges will inform the driver of the progress made by that same engine. Other features of the Camaro Intimidator are the classic looking heritage grille, afterburner tail lamps, chrome plated Intimidator badges, and the chrome wheels with the word Intimidator engraved on a spoke.
All in all, these are great additions to the Camaro. We can only think of one other tuning project for this car that we would prefer and that is the Camaro by Baldwin Motion . Their top level package cranks out a blissful 800 HP. Of course, that package empties your bank account by $150,000, while the Camaro Intimidator only costs $79,993.
Hit the jump for the full specifications.
gallery: Chevrolet Camaro
Chevrolet Camaro Intimidator Specifications
695 lbs-ft of Torque
11 psi of Boost
- Eaton Gen VI 2300 TVS Supercharger Rotating Assembly
- Dual High Capacity Bar and Plate Coolers
- High Capacity Front Mounted Water to Air Heat Exhanger
- High Flow Cold Air Box
- Aluminum Engine Cover with Intimidator Engraved on Top Plate
- Each Car was Custom Dyno Tuned for Peak Efficiency
- 1" Drop Progressive Rate Spring for Maximum Handling
- Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bars with Polyureathane Bushings
- Sub Frame Connectors to Sure Up Body Integrity
- Performance Tuned on Seven Post Machine at Dale Earnhardt Inc.
- Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust with Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers
- Intimidator Badges on Headers and Tips
- Headers are Large 2" Primary Tubes, 3" Collectors and Full 3" Exhaust Tubes
- High Flow Catalytic Convertors
- Upgraded High Flow Injectors
- Electronic Controlled Returnless Dual Fuel Pump System - Utilizes All GM Parts
- Performance Cross Drilled Brake Rotors
- Custom Racing One Piece Intimidator Shifter Anodized Black with Dale Earnhardt 3 on Top and Intimidator Logo on Shaft
- Made by Earnhardt Technology Group
- Racing Inspired Aluminum Blade Spoiler and Splitter with Support Braces
- Made by Earnhardt Technology Group
- Raised Cowl Front Induction Hood for Greatly Increased Air Flow with Gray Painted Accents and Dale Earnhardt Signatures on Sides
- Heritage Grille with Chrome Plated Intimidator Badge
- Chrome Plated Intimidator Badges on Sides
- Chrome Plated Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet Badge on Rear
- Chrome Plated Intimidator Badge on Rear with Matte Black Rear Face
- Afterburner Tail Lamps
- Chromed Wheels with Intimidator Logo Engraved and Painted
- Suede Inserts in Seats to Reduce Slide During Cornering
- 6LE Designs White Faced Gauges with Dale Earnhardt Insignia
- Painted Interior Trim with Race Flag Design on Door Panels
- Intimidator Logo Embroidered on Headrests and Floor Mats
Historic Editions - $85,993
Standard Editions - $79,993