There’s no doubt that there will be Chevrolet Camaros littered throughout the SEMA Auto Show floor in Las Vegas, but one of the most impressive packages will be this Camaro Hot Wheels concept inspired by the Custom Camaro. This dazzling green 1:64-scale toy was part of the original 16 Hot Wheels released in 1968, so its presence at the show was surely felt by the kids at heart in attendance.
In order to present this package, Chevrolet took a Camaro SS and modified it with classic Hot Wheels design cues, including flat-black graphics, red-line wheels, and a dazzling metallic-green finish. No other details have been offered just yet, but this project also comes with a wide range of personalization possibilities, inspiring owners to build their own one-of-a-kind creation.
While the original Hot Wheels cars featured a metallic Spectraflame paint finishes, the Camaro Hot Wheels Concept comes with a brilliant, chrome-style finish. But while for the die-cast models the painting process was very simple: polishing and applying a metallic lacquer to them for the Camaro Concept the concept was much more complicated. The reflective finish was created using Gold Touch Inc.’s Cosmichrome product, starting with the application of a primer coat on an immaculately prepared surface. The primer coat was then sprayed with a liquid-metal solution to create the mirror-smooth, silver-chrome base coat. Afterward, the green tint was applied in several layers until the just-right color effect was achieved.
UPDATE 11/08/2011: If you want to see history get brought back to life then check out our images of the Camaro Hot Wheels in the picture gallery!
Hit the jump to see all the features of the Camaro Hot Wheels.
Features of the Camaro Hot Wheels Concept include:
- Over Chrome Green paint with ghosted Hot Wheels logo on the quarter panels
- Satin black ground effects (splitter, rocker and rear fascia-side extensions)
- Satin black wheels with milled face and Torch Red stripe: 20x10-inch (front) and 20x11-inch (rear)
- ZL1 grille with Hot Wheels badging
- Hot Wheels badge on the decklid
- Euro-style taillamps with new inner smoked lens
- Euro-style rear fascia with new diffuser and exhaust bezels
- ZL1 rear spoiler
- Chevrolet Accessories Modified Satin Black Stripe
- Black aluminum “CAMARO” fender badges with milled face
- Black aluminum hood insert with milled hood vent extractors
- Chevrolet Accessories Synergy Series gill decals
- Black leather-wrapped IP and door inserts with Torch Red accents, and cut-and-sew flames
- Hot Wheels sill plates
- Hot Wheels cut-and-sew embroidered logos in the front seatbacks
- Chevrolet Accessories pedal kit
- Chevrolet Accessories footwell and cup holder lighting (red)
- Brembo brakes: six-piston front with two-piece rotors and four-piston calipers (Chevrolet Official Licensed Product)
- Suspension lowering kit by Pedders (Chevrolet Official Licensed Product)
- Chevrolet Accessories strut tower brace
- Chevrolet Accessories black engine cover
- Chevrolet Accessories exhaust system