With 415 horsepower and 415 pound-feet of torque at its disposal, the Chevrolet SS is one of the most attractive rear-wheel-drive sedans you can buy nowadays. But if those figures aren’t enough to satisfy your thirst for power, the SS can be upgraded with help from tuning specialists such as Callaway] or Hennessey].
An update from the former will enable the SS to deliver 570 horsepower via an Eaton TVS supercharger and other enhancements. This is a huge improvements over the standard model, but don’t think the SS can’t handle more oomph. Because it can, and Hennessey’s new upgrade is out to prove just that.
Just like it did with the Camaro ZL1 , the Texas-based company took things up a notch and replaced the 6.2-liter V-8 with a larger, 7.0-liter unit and a couple of ball-bearing turbochargers. Yes, we’re talking about the famous HPE1000 package that also comes with forged, low-compression pistons and connecting rods, a custom camshaft and stainless-steel piping and exhaust, just to name a few vital components.
The bundle enables the SS to deliver no less than 1,000 horsepower at 6,300 rpm and benefits from a professional installation, dyno tuning, extensive road testing and a one year or 12,000-mile warranty.
Click past the jump to read more about the Chevrolet SS HPE1000 By Hennessey.
Chevrolet SS HPE1000 By Hennessey in detail
The automatic transmission has also received a torque converter upgrade and it appears Hennessey will take care of the six-speed manual gearbox that will be offered with the 2015 Chevrolet SS with a Centerforce dual-friction clutch as well.
As with all Hennessey-updated machines, the SS HPE1000 can be had with a number of appearance and performance options. These include premium wheel and tire packages, Carbon aero body components, and suspension, brake, transmission and exhaust upgrades. Inside, the SS can be fitted with carbon-fiber inserts, an Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel and other bespoke features.
Pricing is only available on request, but expect a $20,000 premium for the HPE1000 package and the aforementioned options.
• 1000 bhp @ 6,300 rpm
The HPE1000 Twin Turbo Upgrade Includes:
• 427 cid LSX Engine
• Forged Low Compression Pistons
• Forged Steel Connecting Rods
• Callies 4340 Forged Steel Crank
• Balanced and Blueprinted
• ARP Main Studs & Head Bolts
• CNC Ported Cylinder Heads
• Upgraded Valvetrain Parts
• Custom HPE Camshaft
• FAST LSX Intake Manifold
• Upgraded Fuel Injectors
• Upgraded Fuel System (Includes Lines, Rails & Pump)
• Twin Ball Bearing Turbochargers
• Dual Wastegates
• Electronic Boost Controller
• Stainless Steel Piping and Exhaust
• Air-to-Air Intercooler
• High-Flow K&N Air Filter
• 160 Degree Thermostat
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Hennessey HPE1000 Exterior Badging
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• 1 Year / 12,000 Mile Limited Warranty
Required Transmission Upgrade:
• 6 Speed Manual: Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch Upgrade
• Automatic: Performance Build & Torque Converter Upgrade
Additional Appearance and Performance Options:
• Premium Wheel & Tire Packages
• Suspension & Brake Upgrades
• Transmission & Driveline Upgrades
• Headers & Exhaust Upgrades
• Custom Interior Upgrades
• CarbonAero™ Body Components
• Carbon Fiber Trim Accents
• Alcantara Wrapped Steering Wheel
• And Much More!