Citroen Cactus Concept is not the only vehicle that the French manufacturer is going to unveil at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show . Now, Citroen is announcing that it will also update the current DS lineup with the addition of a new package called Faubourg Addict.
It takes its inspiration from the Numero 9 concept and, according to the first details, it promises to deliver "Parisian luxury." Citroen will apply this special edition to all DS models, including the DS3 , DS4 and DS5 .
The new Faubourg Addict package will include a new exterior color called "Whisper" combined with a deep black with subtle purple nuances, and a DS signature on the monogram canvas roof. The model also receives new, laser-engraved wing mirror housings and sits on jewellery Diamond-effect wheels with Whisper-colored centers coordinated with the body paint.
The new Citroen DS Faubourg Addict Edition will be put on sale in October. Prices will be announced at a later date, and more information will come forward upon the Special edition’s unveiling in Frankfurt.
Click past the jump to read more about the Citroen Numero 9.
The Citroen Numero 9 concept was unveiled at the 2012 Beijing Motor Show and previewed a new production version vehicle to join the current DS lineup.
The new Numero 9 is a plug-in full-hybrid vehicle that combines a 225-horsepower, 1.6-liter engine powering the front wheels and a 70-horsepower, lithium-ion powered electric motor on the rear axle. In pure electric mode, the new Numero 9 has a autonomy of 31 miles. It can sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 5.4 seconds and hit a top speed of 152 mph.
Gallery Citroen Numero 9
At Frankfurt, the DS-line will be presented in a new trim called Faubourg Addict. Inspired by the Numéro 9 concept and embodying Parisian luxury, the new trim includes:
- A new body colour, called ‘Whisper’.
- A deep black with subtle purple nuances.
- The DS signature on the monogram canvas roof of DS3 Cabrio and on DS3, DS4 and DS5
- On DS5, the signature is over-printed on the cockpit ceiling and extends throughout the cabin
- Laser-engraved wing mirror housings, with a finish like crafted jewellery
- Diamond-effect wheels with Whisper-coloured centres coordinated with the body paint.
- The Faubourg Addict trim showcases new techniques for the automotive sector and reaches new heights for customisation and refinement.
Available in selected markets from October, further body colours will also be available